Changing EDD?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Im unsure what to stick with really .. so im hoping to just get advice off other people what there either doing or think is right to do :shrug:

My midwife estimated i was due on the 24th january
then at my first scan they estimated 22nd january
so thats only 2 days i spose so not a big difference but nice to know a certain date that you can think is your due date if people understand me lol

But i have my 20week scan on friday..
so do they change your date again here ? :shrug:
if so im guessing it can only go forward as my dating scan would be what bubs was at 12weeks ..

what do i do keep my dating scan date 22nd january
or if they change it at 20week scan should i go with that one ? hmm

x

My baby's estimated age changed from the first scan at 8 weeks (March 15) to the second scan at 11 weeks (March 13). It was also a 2 day difference. My midwife said, they just keep the EDD from the first scan because it's not much difference.
My ticker below is based on my OV date (Mar 17), which I personally use because I consider it more accurate. If I based it on my EDD from the first scan, I'd be 12 weeks today.
I believe the 'dating' is less accurate at the 20 week scan anyway, so they won't change the date.

Hello Darling,

I would go with the date of your 12 week scan...Midwifes date is just based on LMP which isnt always right.

If it changes alot and 20 week scan then change it but otherwise i would definately go with 22nd jan!!!

Hope your doing well....bet your soooo excited about your scan??? ive still got 2 weeks to wait!!!!

xxx

My EDD was changed by a week at my 12 week scan....I had no idea when I concieved but they dated me 13+3, due on 20th December, my midwife had guessed (from my limited info!) at my booking appointment.

I had my 20week scan & it didn't go well (LO was bein a bugger & not moving) and the sonographer couldn't be bothered tbh! Everything was fine in terms of size. I doubt very much they'll ever change your EDD after the 12w scan.

At my second anomoly scan (at 23weeks) LO was sized at 25week!! I have to go back for growth scans every month......but am still doubting they'll change my date!! I have a strong feeling the LO will be here before the 20th Dec but I'll just have to wait & see.

Yeah i think if it changes alot from 22nd then ill change it or maybe get 2 tickers haha but my sigg will too be much and ill get told off :( haha but if its only couple days ill leave it spose i could always be early anyway or late and im thinking im going to be late from family past lol .. wana have bubs on 18th cz 18 my fav number :D haha

and i cant wait :)! its going slow though everyday is like a big wait haha im so impaitent its unreal! but i feel for you 2 more weeks! itll fly by though like iv said it always goes slow when its couple days from it :p
hope your well Jox :)

xx

Hi, even then if the dating scan is BIGGER they dont always change it, like my dates differ about 10 days according to LMP and Scan I just decided to relax and go with what eva.... lol.... thus baby is big for dates...

I use the scan date as my predictor but am actually a week ahead... enjoy trying to work this out...

Hi, even then if the dating scan is BIGGER they dont always change it, like my dates differ about 10 days according to LMP and Scan I just decided to relax and go with what eva.... lol.... thus baby is big for dates...

I use the scan date as my predictor but am actually a week ahead... enjoy trying to work this out...

im good Becy, pretty sure im feeling baby now (or could just be imagining it lol) well its 2 weeks and 2 days till my scan but it is 8.40 in the morning so i dont have to wait around all day!!

let me know how you get on!!! you got any preference of sex??

xxx

My EDD was changed by a week at my 12 week scan....I had no idea when I concieved but they dated me 13+3, due on 20th December, my midwife had guessed (from my limited info!) at my booking appointment.

I had my 20week scan & it didn't go well (LO was bein a bugger & not moving) and the sonographer couldn't be bothered tbh! Everything was fine in terms of size. I doubt very much they'll ever change your EDD after the 12w scan.

At my second anomoly scan (at 23weeks) LO was sized at 25week!! I have to go back for growth scans every month......but am still doubting they'll change my date!! I have a strong feeling the LO will be here before the 20th Dec but I'll just have to wait & see.

I think my best bet is to stay with my 12week scan i know my 20week scan isnt going to go well either i was furious at my 12week scan as i didnt have a clue what was going to happen and i was nervous and she didnt explain nothing to me i feelt lost :( and if i have the same sonographer i wont be happy she was just snobby and didnt care as it was near the end of her day :mad: i just hope baby is moving this time so i see more and if babys not moving they will let me walk about for 5mins or drink more like leaflet says you can do .. but my mum is going with me this time and she wont let them get away with anything :p just want to see baby moving and not have a rubbish experiance really and i wana have a high % what bubs is boy or girl so im hoping for a nice view lol!
x

was your scan at Kings Mill??? our sonographer was lovely, lady in about her early 30's, spoke to her quite abit as she was on about the fact she had been trying herself for nearly a year...im hoping to get the same woman and maybe she will have had her BFP!!!

xxx

im good Becy, pretty sure im feeling baby now (or could just be imagining it lol) well its 2 weeks and 2 days till my scan but it is 8.40 in the morning so i dont have to wait around all day!!

let me know how you get on!!! you got any preference of sex??

xxx

Glad ya alright :)
iv just had neusea come back abit however you spell it :(
and yeah i had the option to have it 8:40 9:40 or 10:40 ..
but i said no to 8:40 cause i thought i aint gerin up that early haha :| im lazy as lol but i wish i did go for earlier one but spose 9:40 is fine :D get to go shopping after wooooo cant wait! i will do! :] i was hoping for a :pink: if im honest.. but either way i dont mind i think itll be a :blue: though lol ..

i was going to say we should be bump buddies or whatever its called? thats if you havent got one cause we not that far apart :)
xx

was your scan at Kings Mill??? our sonographer was lovely, lady in about her early 30's, spoke to her quite abit as she was on about the fact she had been trying herself for nearly a year...im hoping to get the same woman and maybe she will have had her BFP!!!

xxx

Yeah im with kingsmill.. both scans are and having baby there..
i dont think i had same one this one was youngish 20s i think wel she looked that age lol and had blonde hair .. i doubt it was same unles shes got split personality lol i think she saw it as me and my OH (before he ended it with me) .. was young and didnt understand things :S
xx

i think they just keep it at the due date of your 12 week scan not too sure, my EDD was 21st of jan then i went for my scan date and was told baby is 13+3 but then the woman worked my date out wrong and said i was due on the 19th but if baby was 13+3 im due on 17th but it on all my notes now that im due on the 19th BUT IM BLOODY NOT HAHA so im keepin it as 17th cause silly cow couldnt even work it out properly lol x x

bump buddies sounds good!!!!

Im secretly hoping for a girl but again as it is our first i will be happy with either!!! Im sensing a boy aswell.

Have you bought much yet??? weve got loads but loads to still get!!!

Cant believe your scan is this week, we are only 1 week apart and ive got 2 weeks to wait!!! how far gone will you be at your scan???

xxx

My mw guessed 9th jan, scan at 10wks then was measuriing 15 at 13 weeks but they just kept first scan date of 24th, I think I'm due earlier though x

bump buddies sounds good!!!!

Im secretly hoping for a girl but again as it is our first i will be happy with either!!! Im sensing a boy aswell.

Have you bought much yet??? weve got loads but loads to still get!!!

Cant believe your scan is this week, we are only 1 week apart and ive got 2 weeks to wait!!! how far gone will you be at your scan???

xxx

I feel silly saying this but i dont even know how it all works the whole buddies and stuff its confused me .. but thats how we found each other on the forum buddies :)! if you know explain it to me lol!

You on team :yellow: still? im sure you said you was if not im going insane haha! .. i think everyone would rather have certain gender but they have a feeling its going to be certain one aswel lol i havent brought much only few clothes in creams.. tempted to buy a dress i fel in love with and these lil shoes but i didnt incase lol i got basics really got so much to buy yet pram,cot all the big things! ill be dot on 20weeks :D! haha lucky or what id rather be dot on that or after probs get better piccy ;]
xx

haha...same here...i dont know what you do aother than put it on your signiture and keep in touch!!! lol would be great to meet up after LO's have arrived aswell with us living so close and babies due within a week!!! probably meet in hosp anyway lol

i will be 20+6 when i have my scan. Yeah, staying on team yellow, the closer it gets the more i want to know tho but i also know that the surprise will be amazing when baby arrives!!! i keep looking at dresses or little jeans and shirts but i just cant buy anything like that. just gonna save some money and go clothes shopping once LO arrives, ive got loads of baby grows to manage us!!

even bought about 500 nappies already!!!!

xxx

haha...same here...i dont know what you do aother than put it on your signiture and keep in touch!!! lol would be great to meet up after LO's have arrived aswell with us living so close and babies due within a week!!! probably meet in hosp anyway lol

i will be 20+6 when i have my scan. Yeah, staying on team yellow, the closer it gets the more i want to know tho but i also know that the surprise will be amazing when baby arrives!!! i keep looking at dresses or little jeans and shirts but i just cant buy anything like that. just gonna save some money and go clothes shopping once LO arrives, ive got loads of baby grows to manage us!!

even bought about 500 nappies already!!!!

xxx

Wel we can do that if you want ..? like keep in touch anything new happened or anything you wana talk about or share :D would be nice :) and wel my look ill be overdue and if i am i think they only leave it like a week now so ill prob come out as you go in or something daft lol but yeah sounds like a plan with us being so close together :)!

Oh so youll only be near enough a week after 20weeks :) not too bad and i would love to be on :yellow: but i know i cant wait id love the surprise would be amazing but i think next child i have whenever that will be i might have to be on team :yellow: :)! and i have to save up anyways but im not going over board i spose im trying to find cheap things like anyone would just to save abit of cash somehow and at my house i only have like few nappies but my family have loads apparently :| cant fit them mine till i have room done and wardrobe set up lol!
xx

i will send you my number on private message so we can keep in touch.

I just cant wait to start putting stuff in babys room. said we will wait till about 32 weeks to do all that tho. will get room decorated before then tho. got our pram and i love it but it is at MIL's so dont reallly get chance to see it!!! got some clothes but not too many. everyone keeps saying 'dont buy too much coz other people will buy for you' and im just thinking its my child, i will buy what i like!!

xxx

Weve decided with number 2 that we will find out what s/he is and just have the surprise this time.

i will send you my number on private message so we can keep in touch.

I just cant wait to start putting stuff in babys room. said we will wait till about 32 weeks to do all that tho. will get room decorated before then tho. got our pram and i love it but it is at MIL's so dont reallly get chance to see it!!! got some clothes but not too many. everyone keeps saying 'dont buy too much coz other people will buy for you' and im just thinking its my child, i will buy what i like!!

xxx

Weve decided with number 2 that we will find out what s/he is and just have the surprise this time.

I cant even think about the room yet :( as i still live at home with my dad.. but hes on about moving further into nottingham end cause of work and my sister goes uni down there so its all better so i have to wait to see what he decides to do which is annoying as i dont want to be rushing :(

and all my bits and bobs are all at my mums appartment but my room there is really big and can store everything in there til iv sorted my self out at home id go live there but apparently land lord only allows 2 people in the place even though it can fit 3 cause theres double bed room and another double bed room its annoying lol.. and my family have all told me the same about dot buy too much baby will only grow out of it all and youll have wasted money lol and then family will buy you lots of stuff aswel lol

and that sounds actually better surprise to start with then 2nd baby find out cause then you can keep stuff from 1st baby if its same gender .. but ah well second wont be coming yet for me lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->