Changing energy suppliers

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Scottish Power have just royally peed me off and its given me a kick to have a look at other suppliers.

Basically I was paying £120 a month over winter, its now summer and on recent meter readings I was in credit by £40.00. I appreciate that I should probably just leave it on account as come winter it will be spent. However I am seriously skint and need that credit - after all the money is mine right ? I tried to get hold of SP to reduce my bill down for the summer months to cut costs for a while. I know I will have to put it up again come the winter but cant really afford to pay £120 right now and if I don't need to why should I.

So online it says that if I was to reduce the monthly dd I have to pay them money ?? erm no thanks ! Ive been trying for weeks to get through on the phone at all times of the day and to no avail, so I emailed and they have said I cant have the credit back - because I couldn't get hold of them on the phone I canceled the dd and made a one off payment of £70.00 they have said that to re start a dd I have to pay them money ?? wtf ??

so I will pay their suggested £83 from next month and have emailed them asking them to call me to discuss as I would prefer dd but im not paying them for the privaledge

what do I look when looking at other suppliers ??

We are with eon after having a NiGHTMARE with british gas.
I just came across a man in town and switched that way so didn't look into it much. But how about a comparison site?
We are in credit with eon and I just put in regular meter readings on my online account and changed the direct debit on there too. It doesn't say anything about paying to do it(which sounds crazy to me?!) it comes up with a suggested amount but I can amend it.
I put mine down for summer months and will change it again sept time x

Eta it does take a little while to change we had one more payment before it changed but will probably depend how close to your dd date it is x

if you go on a comparison website it will show you which would be cheaper for you hun. Im with EON.. they have been fine so far and i get tesco clubcard points too which is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->