Changing from Infant Carrier to Big Kids Car Seat....

Was it Crown Point Ali???? I'm gonna hunt her down if it's the same bird....:trouble:

No it was Meadowhall... Although I've had shit dealings with Crown Point too. I would deffo get that seat and then it cuts out any other fannying about. They should really train their staff better. It was like getting blood out of a stone finding this info out. Ridiculous.

Anyway if Hebe has Pythagoras Theorum sorted and Fin has Jung's Modulus of Elasticity down pat then we can definitely move them. xxx

I hear ya MO3! :D I wish they all said the same thing when they advised you :dohh: I'm gonna get a rear facing bigger seat like the one Ali and Hevz mentioned :D

I've just looked on Mothercare's effin website and the First Class is on offer too!!! I'm gonna take it back an stove her swede in with it.

She's 9kg thats a fact but she cant sit for 10 mins on her own Ali - she's almost there but not just quite. :( She knows pythagoras theorem though.....does that make a difference or are we still looking at rear facing at this point....:dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

Good luck finding the one you want! I like the way y'alls carseats look, really modern and cute boyish ones, here it seems like we have tons of cute girly prints but then boys its either black/grey or brown...not the cute black and blue, red and black I've seen some of you post before lol. And I've seen really nice chicco ones? We only have chicco infant seats and I love them, I want a bigger one

If it was only to do with weight, Kaya would still be in her infant carrier lol! She's only just over 9kg. We moved her when the straps wouldn't fit properly any more and her head was just about at the top of the seat, she was able to sit unaided by then though. This is why we bought a convertible seat this time round. I would still have turned her round by the time she was walking though - I think it's mental to keep them rearward facing until 3 or 4.

The straps on her current seat have to come over her shoulders from about a third of the way down her back so she can jolt forward :(

Our rules on as far as height say if their heads are at the top of their seat they should be in a different one. And then straps if they are rear facing they should be at or below their shoulders and when they move forward facing they should be at or above their shoulders. But def not that far below, def sounds like she's getting too long for your current seat. She's a big girl though..how tall is she? Hayden is 19mo and finally reached 22lbs this month lol, he's a small thing though at just 30 1/2in

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/mommyof2co/April%202009/DSC07526.jpg

He still looks comfy right? That was last week. We won't leave him rear facing until 3-4 for sure though, probably until around hs 2nd bday depending on if he ever decides to grow lol, making 22lbs meant he has finally gained 2 1/2 whole pounds over the last 12mo..so since 7mo. We def couldn't have our now 4yr old rear facing, he's way too tall...would have been by Hayden's age since it's 36in for the limits and he was that around 18-20mo

Thanks MO3. He looks so comfy up to Hebe - she looks a screwed up ball!! She's just a few ounces off 20lbs now and about 30 inches long. I'm gonna get a pic of her in it tomorrow so you can see if I'm being silly. :)

No but she was showing me alsorts of Britax ones and with my 'predicament' I'd have thought she might have suggested it instead of being all 'oh no - she needs to be performing unaided triple salco's while reciting latin conjugation before she can even cast an eye over THAT carseat......'

We've just got the bog standard 'Eclipse' :D

:rofl:

When zane was 4 months he looked like he was gettin too long for his baby carseat so we looked in argo and got him a big boy car seat that faces both ways and also leans back and he loves it they go from 0 yrs plus

from 4 months he has been facing forward but leaning

i have never heard about sitting unaided just outgrowing the height and weight.
i ended up buying a 3 in 1. ie: from birth to booster seat. so now its facing backwards and reclining when he gets to a year ill put it upright and face it forward.
i used to have a peg perego infant seat which went up to 10 kilos.

I am/was in this predicament, we bought a new car seat for the next stage and were all ready to move her over, she is just a lb or 2 off the weight limit. Well we put her in it and drove around the block really slow and her head just bobbed around wayyy too much! She looked tiny in it and we have now put her back in the maxi-cosi original one.

Apparently they can stay in it up to 1yr and even though she is a little scrunched i think it is far safer than being too small for the other. I can just imagine going over a bump and her getting a bad neck.

So we are gonna wait until she has really really outgrown the first car seat before changing.

x

i got the britax first class plus one too, i have it rear facing too and its fine, i was told it was more support there head for the 10 mins not sit unaided but you know what they are like useless.
hope you get it sorted for hebe soon hun

Lou
xxx

Well after all that the First Class ( and any other forward AND rear facing seats ) wont fit my bloody car!! :hissy:

Nevermind....

Well after all that the First Class ( and any other forward AND rear facing seats ) wont fit my bloody car!! :hissy:

Nevermind....

Looks like a great excuse to buy a new car if you ask me!!!:rofl:

I've tried that one.....:dohh:

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swa...abric-set-worth-almost-900-a.html#post1949633

Nevermind....

Now you have to have the Range Rover no questions asked :D x

:lol: Lola's not even near 9 kgs! Athough she can confidently sit up all by herself, I still won't move her because of her weight and height (she's a small baby).

So in an exactly opposite situation than you :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->