Changing to a toddler bed

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
My little guy turned 2 in March and has still been sleeping in his crib. I've been thinking about converting it into the toddler bed mode. He does great in the crib, doesn't try to climb out or anything but I don't know if I should keep putting him in there or if i should let him be a big boy with a toddler bed. Thoughts?

I changed my DD's cot into a cotbed when she was 16 months. She's nearly 20 months now and I've never had any problems. She doesn't get out very often and she sleeps all night. She never tried to climb out of her cot either, I just thought she'd like being able to get in and out of bed on her own so changed it over.

14 months the first time. 18 months this time.

We converted DD's crib to a toddler bed at 18 months. When she turned 2 I was ready to ditch the toddler bed and switched her to our queen size guest bed. The best advice I have is a door knob cover so they aren't roaming the house without your knowledge. One morning my DD woke up at 8 and was roaming the house before I realized she was awake.

Wow these all seem so early to me! My dd is 25 months and I haven't even had a single thought or desire to switch her over. She does so great in her crib, she's a good sleeper and we rarely have problems with bedtime. When she's free to roam she does not want to sleep but when she's in her crib she has no issues with it.

I also have a baby on the way so I know things will be changing quite a bit for her. I don't know if I should switch now before the baby comes to give her time to adjust to that or wait until after baby. We haven't started potty training yet either so I'm not sure what to do at all lol.

My children Co slept so they went from my bed to a toddler bed x

Wow these all seem so early to me! My dd is 25 months and I haven't even had a single thought or desire to switch her over. She does so great in her crib, she's a good sleeper and we rarely have problems with bedtime. When she's free to roam she does not want to sleep but when she's in her crib she has no issues with it.

I also have a baby on the way so I know things will be changing quite a bit for her. I don't know if I should switch now before the baby comes to give her time to adjust to that or wait until after baby. We haven't started potty training yet either so I'm not sure what to do at all lol.

id do it before baby hun.. one battle at a time ;)

DS1 switched to toddler bed at 15 months and ds2 i switched him at 13 months. both love their big boy beds.. DS2 loves getting up by himself in the morning now and usually toddles through to the front room wth a big smile on his face. sometimes getting him to sleep can be a hassle but every baby is different x

Same here. Ciara is 25 months and I've not really thought about changing her cot to a bed yet. She's never climbed out yet, or even tried to, and settles to sleep well the majority of the time. I worry that we'll definitely have a spell of disturbed sleep whenever we make the switch.

Same here. Ciara is 25 months and I've not really thought about changing her cot to a bed yet. She's never climbed out yet, or even tried to, and settles to sleep well the majority of the time. I worry that we'll definitely have a spell of disturbed sleep whenever we make the switch.

with ds1 we had a week where it was quite bad (hed never been a great sleeper though) but ds2 took to it like a duck to water.. he slept through for ages and only started getting up through the night since hes been ill.

I think it helps if you involve them in the process... both my boys have "helped" me build their toddler beds so found it all really exciting. By "helped" i mean climbed all over and generally got in the way :haha: but it did the job and they were both super dper excited to have a nice duvet x

We switched at about 19 months. Ashley tried to escape though so we had to. I'd say switch when both of you are ready, there's no rush. My LO has a few friends who are 2 and a half and still in their cots.

Dd1 was around 18months. We switched when she started trying to climb out. Dd2 is a climber already. If she is walking in July when I have two weeks off work then we'll switch her then so I can cope with disturbed sleep if it isn't as smooth this time.

First son was just turned 3 when I changed him to toddler bed. He had no desire ever to climb out but we thought we should allow him to be a big boy. No problems ever and only had a bed guard on for a few weeks. This time my son just turned 2 and he's going into a toddler bed this week, as his new baby sister will need to the cot and I don't want him to feel like baby has taken it, so want him to have time in the new bed before she arrives x

Hi! We co sleep too! How old were your children when you moved them to a toddler bed and how did you do it?! Thanks x

Hi! We co sleep too! How old were your children when you moved them to a toddler bed and how did you do it?! Thanks x

My daughter was 14 months and my son was 22 months. He took much longer to come around to the idea than she did. I literally let them help build their beds, spent a few days telling them it was their bed then after a few nights after bath time I'd say can you find your bed? Then they'd go to their bed and I'd say "can you get in your bed?" And they'd get into their bed. My daughter had a story and held my hand and never got upset. My son was a bit upset the first night but we sang songs and read stories and the second night he was fine. I can't do the whole pushing and demanding thing I'm too soft x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->