Charlie Jack Costello has arrived (updated with birth story!)

emzul

Mummy to Charlie Jack
Reaction score
Had my little boy this morning!!! Will do a proper birth story when I get home, I am lying in hospital with him sleeping soundly next to me :cloud9: I am too tired for words but cant seem to sleep! Just want to watch him sleeping lol

I will do a proper story when I can and put some piccies on, just want to say a huge thanks to all you ladies for making me feel so welcome, offering some fantastic advice and making me laugh LOADS!!! xx

Birth Story of Charlie Jack Costello... long but I wont apologise because he is my fave thing to talk about LOL

Monday evening, DH was told he could leave work early as he was apparently a bit on edge with the due date getting closer, so he was home for about 5.30 and I was feeling bad that we hadnt DTD in a couple of weeks... so since I didnt really believe anything can induce labour (naturally of course) I suggested this, much to DH's delight LOL

We had tea, watched TV and I went for my usual bath about 9ish.. didnt feel any different at all... 10.30 and we headed for bed, I hadnt slept at all the previous week, too hot and uncomfy, so Sunday I managed a good sleep with the help of some herbal Nytol, so was looking forward to a nice long sleep! I was pulling back the covers and felt a gush.... waters!!! Looked at DH and said "erm my water just broke" he looked at me and said "no they havent" LOL "Ok either than or I have just p*ssed myself"!!!

I went to the loo and more waters gushed out, DH was rushing around, I came out and he had lined up the bags and the carseat and was fully dressed and ready to go! I told him not to get too excited, I couldnt feel a thing and it may be a while, so I said "dont go mad, but I am just going to put a bit of make up on and straighten my hair!"..... so I did that while he panicked... I thought if I stayed calm it would keep him calm... I tried the Maternity ward, was on hold for ages, so I said we may as well go in, I did warn DH we would probs end up being sent home... but while he called a taxi I felt pressure in my lower bump... so I got dressed and we left for the taxi.... this is when I got my first contraction.. it didnt feel too bad, but I started timing them on my I-phone... taxi took about 10 mins to get to hospital and I had 3 contractions in this time... lasting between 30 and 45 seconds!

Got to A&E and we were sent to the Maternity bit... was offered a wheelchair but I said I didnt want a fuss... but then got a contraction so took it in the end LOL we went to the delivery suite, and were met by one of the MW's, she took my details, looked over my notes and then asked for a urine sample. I went to do this, and lost my plug! Was now having stronger contractions....

Midnight and the MW checked me, I was 3cm dilated so she said we werent going anywhere, said she would check me again in 4 hours... asked if I wanted any pain relief, but I just said I would breath through and use G&A if needed... by 12.30 the contractions were getting very strong, and I said to the MW I may be needing something soon, not so much the contractions themself, but the fact they were coming every 2 mins or so and lasting about the same I wasnt getting any time in between them to relax.... she kept sayin g "Just keep breathing through it" all the while chatting to DH about Blackpool??? I was in alot of pain by now, the G&A was ok but it made me feel drunk and then tired! I buzzed and told the MW I kept feeling the need to push, but I think she though I was being dramatic.... by 1am I was really feeling the need to push but she was out of the room.... so I just kept breathing LOL... she came in at 1.30 am (now 3 hours since waters broke) and I said "I really want to push" she just kept saying "I cant check you again til 4am, keep breathing... and she peeked "down below" and she must have seen something because she said she would check me! By now I was 10CM!!!!!! DH said he face dropped and she suddenly started getting the delivery trolley ready, and was rushing loads! She said I was at 10 and it was too late to give me anything else for the pain as baby was ready!

After about 3 pushes, baby Charlie flew out!!! I had my eyes closed the whole time, but remember feeling very pissed from the G&A so just dropping it an breathing without... I didnt scream but remember saying I felt like I was going to "rip in half" :blush: LOL

I heard him cry and was like "oh my god, thats it? He is here?" and she put him on me, and I finally opened my eyes to see his big blue eyes staring at me!! :cloud9:

The MW seemed a bit flustered, she was trying to clean up, and said I may have torn slightly... so she checked while I held my baby and then said I had a tear and needed stitches. So DH held LO while she prepped me for the stitches.... I asked if it would hurt and she said "No, I will numb the area" little did I know she wasnt going to use a gel to numb the area, I looked down at just the wrong moment and she had a big F$%& off needle in her hand!!!!!

I can honestly say THAT was a worse pain than giving birth, I had my hands clenched the whole time and was seconds from punching her in the face because I kept saying how long and she was saying, thats it now, but I could see her going in for another stitch!!!!

So after 3 stitches, I was allowed to hold baby again, MW kept saying how well I had done blah blah (yeah well maybe you should have listened lady when I said I was ready to push LOL) had a brew and then was taken to the Ward.

Baby Charlie was born at 01.54am, 3 hours and 56 minutes after my waters broke, he weighed in at 6lb 13oz, she didnt measure how long he was but his head was 33 1/2 CM. He has his Daddies blue eyes, blonde hair like me and DH when he was little, and has very long feet and fingers, so we reckon he will be a swimmer or a pianist! LOL

On the ward, we tried feeding Charlie a bottle, but he was very mucousy, MW reckons he came out so fast, he must have gasped in some fluid, so for the first night he didnt take much milk and kept bringing up mucous.

DH went home at about 5am, and I just sat and stared at Charlie sleeping. He slept from 5am and pretty much all Tuesday!

We had to stay in Tuesday night as they didnt want us to leave until Charlies eating was better, we are now home (discharged Weds at 2pm) and he is an angel! He sleeps in his big cot, is eating much better and only cries when he needs something.

Sorry this is so long, but I have literally been dreaming about writing this story so for those who have managed to read this far, thank you! I have had about 6 hours sleep since Sunday, think I am still worrying something may happen if I sleep and dont keep an eye on him, but getting better now!!

I just wanted to say another huge thanks to you all, the past 8 months on BnB have been awesome, and you are all so wonderful, and for that hugs to you all!!!!!

Thanks for reading, again sorry its so long but as I said at the beginning (if your head hasnt fallen off with boredom yet!! LOL) Charlie is my new fave thing to talk about!!

xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Charlie Jack.jpg
    Charlie Jack.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 265
  • boring Daddy!.jpg
    boring Daddy!.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 263
  • no hands!.jpg
    no hands!.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 265
  • the boss!.jpg
    the boss!.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 266
Awwwwwwww lovey congrats!! Looking forward to the story & pics!! Yay! Xxx

congratulations!!! :happydance:

Aww congrats hun, cant wait to see some pics xx

Congratulations! Cute name :D Look forward to reading your story and seeing the little fella x

Congratulations. Can't wait to see some pictures and read ur birth story xx

Awwww congrats bumpless buddy!! hehe I take it he looked like a Charlie then?! Soo happy for you - can't wait for your birth story and some pics, bet he's gorgeous!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->