Charlie Jack Costello has arrived (updated with birth story!)

Congratulations, hope you've managed to get some sleep you'll need it lol

Bumping as birth story now added on Page 1! xx

Aww such an ace birth story, you did so well hun!! Can't believe we're now mommys! Haha And its a good job I had a c section I think, Leo's head was 36.5cm!! Ouch! Lol x x x

Aww such an ace birth story, you did so well hun!! Can't believe we're now mommys! Haha And its a good job I had a c section I think, Leo's head was 36.5cm!! Ouch! Lol x x x

I know, it still feels strange to say "my baby" or think that I am someones Mother!! Feels like we are just looking after him for someone else!

Wow, he is going to be a clever chap with all that brain space!!! :thumbup: how was it having a Section? Bet it was sore after? I only had 3 stitches, but in a place no stitches should EVER be put LOL :haha: and that is sore so bet you were xxx

Haha yeh I feel like we're babysitting sometimes too!!

To be honest - the recovery was soooo much better than I thought it was going to be! I expected to not be able to move for at least a week or two.. but the next day I was up and in the shower and walking around rocking Leo to sleep etc!! It was a bit painful to laugh and sneeze for a couple of days but that was as uncomfortable as it got really!

I can imagine stitches 'down there' feeling a lot worse to be honest!! lol I bet you're so chuffed you got through it all naturally, you should feel really proud hun!! x x x

so I said "dont go mad, but I am just going to put a bit of make up on and straighten my hair!"
xxxxxxxx

This is brilliant! Exactly what I would say down to the T!
My partner hates when I straighten my hair or put make-up on so I would too have to add the "Don't get mad.."
Anyway :) Congratulations, he is beautiful!!
x

Haha yeh I feel like we're babysitting sometimes too!!

To be honest - the recovery was soooo much better than I thought it was going to be! I expected to not be able to move for at least a week or two.. but the next day I was up and in the shower and walking around rocking Leo to sleep etc!! It was a bit painful to laugh and sneeze for a couple of days but that was as uncomfortable as it got really!

I can imagine stitches 'down there' feeling a lot worse to be honest!! lol I bet you're so chuffed you got through it all naturally, you should feel really proud hun!! x x x

Oh thats good, I always thought you would just be unable to do anything for about 2 weeks, so thats ace that you recovered so well!

Yeah.... the cleaning up and stitching down there was worse pain than the birth!! I was using G&A but because my contractions started so quickly and close together and just got longer and stronger, the G&A was making me feel a bit out of it, and then sleepy, so I stopped using it when I was pushing him out! LOL but when she was poking around down there after, the pain was so bad I was nailing the G&A and crying! :blush:

I am quite proud I delivered with just breathing.... I was asking for something more but silly MW didnt listen LOL

xxx

so I said "dont go mad, but I am just going to put a bit of make up on and straighten my hair!"
xxxxxxxx

This is brilliant! Exactly what I would say down to the T!
My partner hates when I straighten my hair or put make-up on so I would too have to add the "Don't get mad.."
Anyway :) Congratulations, he is beautiful!!
x

Ha ha I told him weeks ago that when I start to feel something, I would most likely have to put a bit of slap on and sort my wig out.... so he wasnt too mad.. he just kept looking at me like I was a ticking bomb about to go off!

The part that DID annoy him was when he said "can you at least go and get dressed so we can leave as soon as we need to?" and I toddled off.... and then sneaked back into the kitchen 10 mins later to put something in the dryer :blush: he went a bit mad at me then LOL saying "surely you have something you can wear and dont need to be drying clothes at this exact moment!"

Aww thanks, he is a little star and we love him sooo much!!! xx

Midwife came today (right mardy cow she was aswell! LOL) and weighed Charlie.... he is 6lb 12oz, so has lost an ounce since birth but MW said anything up to 10% loss is considered normal, so he is doing well.... she did the heel prick test on him, and said "no babies like this, they always jump and then normally scream...." but he didnt even flinch! bless him he just lay in my arms, chilling out!

Such a happy baby, he likes to lay on his mat and do what I call his "physical jerks"!! where he does all his leg stretching and arm flailing! LOL

xx

aaawwww very well done to you hun!!! so proud of you!! He's absolutely gorgeous :)

I can't believe how quick your labour was too - wow I thought my 8 hours and 4 minutes was a fast labour!!

enjoy every second of him :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->