Charlie Jack Costello has arrived (updated with birth story!)

aaawwww very well done to you hun!!! so proud of you!! He's absolutely gorgeous :)

I can't believe how quick your labour was too - wow I thought my 8 hours and 4 minutes was a fast labour!!

enjoy every second of him :) xxxx

Aww thanks! Yep I was pretty suprised too, and so was the MW by all accounts LOL :dohh:

He is lovely, just looking forward to when he starts to go longer between feeds in the night, was better last night, he didnt have his usual bath, because he was sleeping so DH said to leave it... so then he didnt sleep after 6pm, got overtired and grumpy and was awake from 6pm to nearly 9pm... but when he went down he slept from 8.50 til 12.20.. which is alot for him at night! Then he went back down for 2 hours and then another 2... will be lovely though when I only need to get up once with him (or not at all would be awesome but I dont think thats very realistic yet! Ha).... how is your little guy doing? Does he sleep well or does he wake alot?

Charlie was weighed again today, last Sat he was 7lb 2oz and today was 8lb 4oz!!!! Little chunk has put on 1lb 2oz in 8 days!! LOL xx

aaawwww very well done to you hun!!! so proud of you!! He's absolutely gorgeous :)

I can't believe how quick your labour was too - wow I thought my 8 hours and 4 minutes was a fast labour!!

Aww thanks! Yep I was pretty suprised too, and so was the MW by all accounts LOL :dohh:

He is lovely, just looking forward to when he starts to go longer between feeds in the night, was better last night, he didnt have his usual bath, because he was sleeping so DH said to leave it... so then he didnt sleep after 6pm, got overtired and grumpy and was awake from 6pm to nearly 9pm... but when he went down he slept from 8.50 til 12.20.. which is alot for him at night! Then he went back down for 2 hours and then another 2... will be lovely though when I only need to get up once with him (or not at all would be awesome but I dont think thats very realistic yet! Ha).... how is your little guy doing? Does he sleep well or does he wake alot?

Charlie was weighed again today, last Sat he was 7lb 2oz and today was 8lb 4oz!!!! Little chunk has put on 1lb 2oz in 8 days!! LOL xx

oh bless him! thats fabulous weight gain!! Hayden was 8lb 13oz when I got him weighed last week, went up from 7lb 8oz the week before! Are you breastfeeding or formula? I was bf to start with but then the milk unfortunately dried up after 2 weeks, he wouldn't latch onto my left breast for some reason so he was draining my right one until nothing was coming out at his feeds so I changed him to the bottle then 2 days later I had a massive leak all over my pj's and bed sheets so I must've had a blockage.

He usually has a feed at 10pm then we put him to bed and he'll wake around, 1am, 4am then about 6:30amish. He had a few nights where he wouldn't settle last week and all weekend then last night he was golden and going straight to sleep after a feed and i didn't hear a peep out him until his next feed but I did move him upto 5oz so maybe thats settling him better :)

Has it sunk in yet that you're a mommy?? :) xx

oh bless him! thats fabulous weight gain!! Hayden was 8lb 13oz when I got him weighed last week, went up from 7lb 8oz the week before! Are you breastfeeding or formula? I was bf to start with but then the milk unfortunately dried up after 2 weeks, he wouldn't latch onto my left breast for some reason so he was draining my right one until nothing was coming out at his feeds so I changed him to the bottle then 2 days later I had a massive leak all over my pj's and bed sheets so I must've had a blockage.

He usually has a feed at 10pm then we put him to bed and he'll wake around, 1am, 4am then about 6:30amish. He had a few nights where he wouldn't settle last week and all weekend then last night he was golden and going straight to sleep after a feed and i didn't hear a peep out him until his next feed but I did move him upto 5oz so maybe thats settling him better :)

We are FF, Charlie doesnt really have a set time for his last bot-bot (lol) before bed, but he usually goes down between 8 and 9 and then is awake any time from 11-1... but he wakes a few times during the night, usually 3 or 4 times and is ALWAYS up and awake for the day between 6 and 7 lol

Think he has been having a growth spurt since yesterday though, Sunday night he was great, only woke twice, and was good all day yesterday til about 7pm when he started moaning all the time, wanted feeding constantly and was just very fussy. He finally went down at 9.45pm, woke at 12 took til 1.10 to get him back down, then he woke again at 2am, took another 45 to get him settled, then awake again at 4... and stayed awake til 6 :wacko: then went back down til 7am and was wide awake then..... he has been better today, but still a bit whiney and feeding lots again, but he has slept more today, he had a bottle about 7, hoping he sleeps til about 9 or 10 and has another big bottle and maybe will sleep for a bit longer!

It was so frustrating not knowing why he was fussing as he is generally very good and as long as he is fed, changed and winded he doesnt cry, so having him moaning and crying all day and night was horrible! But I googled and saw about growth spurts, they tend to have one at around 3 weeks (he is 3 weeks exactly today!) and the description of a growth spurt is identical to how he has been lately! Luckily they only last a few day, a week at most, so hoping by Thurs or Fri he will be more settled! Maybe thats why your little man was being hard to settle last week too?

Hopefully he will also be used to taking bigger feeds then too, and he will sleep for longer LOL xx

Aww im crying.. makes me thing back to 10weeks ago :0 i love reading these birth stories.. make sure you print it or the baby book xxxx

I love how you've written your birth story, thank you for sharing and for posting such gorgeous pictures.
Congratulations :D

We are FF, Charlie doesnt really have a set time for his last bot-bot (lol) before bed, but he usually goes down between 8 and 9 and then is awake any time from 11-1... but he wakes a few times during the night, usually 3 or 4 times and is ALWAYS up and awake for the day between 6 and 7 lol

Think he has been having a growth spurt since yesterday though, Sunday night he was great, only woke twice, and was good all day yesterday til about 7pm when he started moaning all the time, wanted feeding constantly and was just very fussy. He finally went down at 9.45pm, woke at 12 took til 1.10 to get him back down, then he woke again at 2am, took another 45 to get him settled, then awake again at 4... and stayed awake til 6 :wacko: then went back down til 7am and was wide awake then..... he has been better today, but still a bit whiney and feeding lots again, but he has slept more today, he had a bottle about 7, hoping he sleeps til about 9 or 10 and has another big bottle and maybe will sleep for a bit longer!

It was so frustrating not knowing why he was fussing as he is generally very good and as long as he is fed, changed and winded he doesnt cry, so having him moaning and crying all day and night was horrible! But I googled and saw about growth spurts, they tend to have one at around 3 weeks (he is 3 weeks exactly today!) and the description of a growth spurt is identical to how he has been lately! Luckily they only last a few day, a week at most, so hoping by Thurs or Fri he will be more settled! Maybe thats why your little man was being hard to settle last week too?

Hopefully he will also be used to taking bigger feeds then too, and he will sleep for longer LOL xx

oh blimey!! it definitely must be a growth spurt then as no sooner had we got him settled from a feed, he was wanting another!!

I braved going out on my own with him today in the car, took him into work to meet everyone. Only planned to be there for 15 mins or so but ended up staying 2 hours and I was like I really need to go his next feed is due!!! lol!! thank goodness for them ready made cartons - i just make sure i have a freshly sterilised bottle with me whenever i go out!

has charlie suffered with colic or reflux yet? thats when the fun starts lol! especially having sick projectiled all over your jeans xx

oh blimey!! it definitely must be a growth spurt then as no sooner had we got him settled from a feed, he was wanting another!!

I braved going out on my own with him today in the car, took him into work to meet everyone. Only planned to be there for 15 mins or so but ended up staying 2 hours and I was like I really need to go his next feed is due!!! lol!! thank goodness for them ready made cartons - i just make sure i have a freshly sterilised bottle with me whenever i go out!

has charlie suffered with colic or reflux yet? thats when the fun starts lol! especially having sick projectiled all over your jeans xx

He spits up occasionally and has a bit of sick, but just a tiny bit if he rushes his bottle? We struggled to get his wind up to start, but we bought some Infacol, just give him some of that before each feed and that seems to do the trick!

Yeah thats probs why he wanted feeding all the time! He was great last night! I took him for a walk along the Quays to feed the ducks about 5pm (no ducks around, just them scary Canadian Geese, so we gave them a swerve! LOL) and then had him bathed at 6... fresh baby-gro, bottle and he was asleep by 6.50pm.... DH made me go to bed at 9.30 because I was knackered from Monday nights escapades, and he came to bed at 10.30 and said he was still fast asleep! He slept til 11.40! Thats the longest he has slept at night! Then he woke again at 3ish and again around 5, then was up properly at 6.40 so last night was very good! He took about an hour to settle at 3, he was almost asleep so I put him in his moses basket and then he sicked a tiny bit, but threw his head back and some of the sick went up his nose :wacko: which made him cry and wake up, so took a little while to settle him after that

Think I am going to try the same routine tonight, but this time if he is still asleep by 10ish, maybe wake him for a feed so he doesnt go so long between feeds like last night? He has been good again today, feeding alot still but he isnt as moany as he was on Monday!

Oh scary going out the first time isnt it?! I took Charlie in to see my work people last week, and I was the same, planned to stay for about 1/2 an hour and ended up there for about 3 hours LOL xxx

He spits up occasionally and has a bit of sick, but just a tiny bit if he rushes his bottle? We struggled to get his wind up to start, but we bought some Infacol, just give him some of that before each feed and that seems to do the trick!

Yeah thats probs why he wanted feeding all the time! He was great last night! I took him for a walk along the Quays to feed the ducks about 5pm (no ducks around, just them scary Canadian Geese, so we gave them a swerve! LOL) and then had him bathed at 6... fresh baby-gro, bottle and he was asleep by 6.50pm.... DH made me go to bed at 9.30 because I was knackered from Monday nights escapades, and he came to bed at 10.30 and said he was still fast asleep! He slept til 11.40! Thats the longest he has slept at night! Then he woke again at 3ish and again around 5, then was up properly at 6.40 so last night was very good! He took about an hour to settle at 3, he was almost asleep so I put him in his moses basket and then he sicked a tiny bit, but threw his head back and some of the sick went up his nose :wacko: which made him cry and wake up, so took a little while to settle him after that

Think I am going to try the same routine tonight, but this time if he is still asleep by 10ish, maybe wake him for a feed so he doesnt go so long between feeds like last night? He has been good again today, feeding alot still but he isnt as moany as he was on Monday!

Oh scary going out the first time isnt it?! I took Charlie in to see my work people last week, and I was the same, planned to stay for about 1/2 an hour and ended up there for about 3 hours LOL xxx

I think we need to get into an evening routine, do you bath Charlie everyday? I usually top and tail Hayden daily after his poo poop and bath him every 2-3 days, think I should start doing it at night though, hubby will be home to give me a hand too, i've been putting a hand towel in the bath before I sit him down in it coz i've been petrified of him slipping out my hands!

I've just had a lovely sleep in bed with Hayden lying on top of the covers next to me, it was so lovely to have him so close and hear and feel him breathing :) xxx

xx

I think we need to get into an evening routine, do you bath Charlie everyday? I usually top and tail Hayden daily after his poo poop and bath him every 2-3 days, think I should start doing it at night though, hubby will be home to give me a hand too, i've been putting a hand towel in the bath before I sit him down in it coz i've been petrified of him slipping out my hands!

I've just had a lovely sleep in bed with Hayden lying on top of the covers next to me, it was so lovely to have him so close and hear and feel him breathing :) xxx

xx

Not at first because he absolutely hated it, and each day we would say "right we need to bath him tonight" but by the time we had sorted everything for the night shift LOL he was asleep or it was too late... but now I do bath him every day, always as close to 6 as possible and he has a bottle around 6.45-7pm.

I was terrified the first time I bathed him alone when DH went back to work, I just used a plastic washing up bowl, but he was so wriggly it was hard to wash his hair and hold him at the same time! I went to Boots though and bought a foam bath support, you lay baby on it, and its fab! It was only about £8 and its great! No need to hold onto a slippery baby, just put him on it and I just put my hand under his head and have the other hand free to wash him, I would definately recommend getting one..... he is soooo much better now, he doesnt make a sound when he is bathed anymore!!! In fact I think he secretly loves him bath time now! LOL

Ahh thats cute! Charlie is asleep in his Moses basket now! Its too damned hot to hold him, he keeps getting a sweaty head and neck from lying on my arm! Didnt think I would ever say this, but roll on winter and some cool weather! Feel like I have been hot for ever!

xxx

xx

Not at first because he absolutely hated it, and each day we would say "right we need to bath him tonight" but by the time we had sorted everything for the night shift LOL he was asleep or it was too late... but now I do bath him every day, always as close to 6 as possible and he has a bottle around 6.45-7pm.

I was terrified the first time I bathed him alone when DH went back to work, I just used a plastic washing up bowl, but he was so wriggly it was hard to wash his hair and hold him at the same time! I went to Boots though and bought a foam bath support, you lay baby on it, and its fab! It was only about £8 and its great! No need to hold onto a slippery baby, just put him on it and I just put my hand under his head and have the other hand free to wash him, I would definately recommend getting one..... he is soooo much better now, he doesnt make a sound when he is bathed anymore!!! In fact I think he secretly loves him bath time now! LOL

Ahh thats cute! Charlie is asleep in his Moses basket now! Its too damned hot to hold him, he keeps getting a sweaty head and neck from lying on my arm! Didnt think I would ever say this, but roll on winter and some cool weather! Feel like I have been hot for ever!

xxx

thats usually what happened with our 'bath nights' something else would crop up or he'd be suffering with trapped wind, I couldn't believe he actually enjoyed his first ever bath we were expecting him to scream the house down lol and since then he's stayed asleep during them, don't know if it's got anything to do with how often I went swimming when I was pregnant lol!! i'll have to have a look for the bath supports, did u say you got it instore or online?

oh my god yeah yesterday was soooo hot! He had just a vest on and was sweating like mad and when he was crying for cuddles I was worried bout holding him for too long incase he over heated! we're meant to be going to the seaside on sunday coz it's hubby's birthday but i'm worried bout what to dress him in, i'll def keep him in the pram with the hood up so the sun doesn't get to him!

I had such a strange dream last night that my mom looked after hayden for the day and I came home and he was sat in his bouncy chair scoffing a ham and cheese bake from greggs!! I had an absolute fit at my mom and she said that his milk wasn't satisfying him and I was like give him more bloody milk then!!!!! LOL xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->