chart help!? ugh!

sweetmere

Reaction score
I had 2 positive opk's the day before yesterday, both as dark as the control. I took one yesterday and it was darker, very positive. Then last night for two hours I had ovulation pain...very obvious! I woke up a few times last night and finally at 5:30 I took my temp - 96.89 which is a post o temp (coverline is usually 96.9) but I'd woken up 2x in the hour and a half prior and took a few minutes to go back asleep. Slept for 4 more hours with no wakeups and it was 97.53 which is a post-o temp for me (hypothyroidism) and my temps rarely go above 97.6. I temp at 7am normally so BOTH TEMPS are 2 hours on either side of my normal temp time. Idk what to do! It was suggested to add .4 to the first one and subtract .4 to the second (something about adding or subtracting .2 each hour it is esrly/late) which brings both to a post-o temp, around 97.2 averaged out. I also took an opk with smu at 11am and it was just slightly negative. Lighter than the past few days. I'm also feeling achy/sore where I had my ovulation pain yesterday.

Do you think I ovulated? I'm so confused! My first temp is confusing because I thought they're normally higher with broken sleep...but then with a 4 hour sleep it was post o. Agh! I have NO IDEA if I ovulated...we dtd 2 & 3 days ago and if I didn't ovulate I'm out because dh is working now and is too tired when he works. I also have no fertile cm so I know it probably won't live any longer and next month we are staying with my grandma visiting when I ovulate...then the next 3-4 months I ovulate during his work days. Dang it...

I would go with my first temp, but waking up multiple times is normal for me so I would think that temp is correct. However, you could try taking the second temp (since it was after 4 hours of sleep) and using the adjuster.

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

I'm not sure if that would be the same number you got when you did it yourself.

I hate relying on OPK's but I'm going to assume since you are getting negatives today after two days of positive's that you either O'd last night or will some time today.

Sorry that probably wasn't very helpful :/

Hey, I'm just glad to have a response lol. First one adjusted was 97.22 which is about what I put down on my chart (with a note of course) and second adjusted was 97.03. I'm gonna assume I ovulated...sure hope so!!!

You need at least 3 hours of solid sleep for a temp, and always use the first temp you have taken. It's the most reliable.

Yeah, I know...but that's why I was asking what to do here because in *this* situation the first temp wasn't reliable because I was awake a few times before I took it.

I went back and put the first temp in, but discarded it with a note as to why. I also charted my cm today (creamy) and cervix (medium and firm) and with that stuff and my opk's it still says 1dpo...but I'm just going to see what my luteal phase is and I'll know then when I ovulated. The month I got pregnant with my daughter, this same thing happened...no temp shift until days later.

I'd go with the first as well and wait to see if the temp increase sticks over the next day or two. You'll know for sure after a few days of elevated temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->