Charting question...

blessme

First time mother
Reaction score
Am I supposed to temp on the first day of my period... because I didn't!

Its not an important temp so no worries! Some ladies (especially those who temp vaginally) wait until AF has left the building to temp

They say you should so you have a record of how your temp behaves throughout your entire cycle. That being said if you missed day one or even all of af it's not too big of a deal. You want to start temping about a week before O is due as then you will have enough data to create a cover line and see a significant shift in the temperature.

Can I use the braun ear thermometer?

It needs to be a bbt thermometer that can be used orally or vaginally that takes the temperature out to two decimals. For example 97.41. Because the temp change is so small it has to be that accurate.

I started 3 days into my period this month, as long as you get a good few temps & then you can see the temp shift after ovulation:)

Does the thermometer have to be accurate to the 1/10th or 1/100th?

I never used a bbt therm but some have a smaller temp shift

Id defiantly invest into a Basal Body thermometer. I bought mine at walmart for 7$ not that bad. But I just got a positive ovulation Monday. My temps stay around 97.30-97.40 and today my temp was 98.42 that is why they say to use it. On an regular temp, I don't think we would notice 97.3 to 98.5 as much difference. It is just so much easier to tell temp rises with BBTs. Good luck!!!

Your charting app will interpret for you so even if it is a small temp shift, it'll pick it up. I used a regular therm in the two years TTC #1 and two cycles TTC #2 and it picked up every ovulation.
I got a basal and temped vaginally my last cycle and the shift wasn't near as obvious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->