Chase- Born 35 weeks with pneumothorax

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had my baby boy 3rd of May at 35 weeks, weighing 5lb 8oz. Still got to do my birth story but with 4 kids I don't get alot of me time any more.
All seemed fine the special care doctor checked him over and said all was fine and handed him back to me. Then the midwife took him off me and said something wasn't right and he was grunting. My heart sank as I had been here before with my second.
He was rushed off to special care and needed CPAP but all seemed ok. After going home the next morning I phoned the hospital to see if he was ok and told he was off CPAP and doing well, which I was over the moon about, but nothing prepared me for the next phone call I made that evening they said he was on a ventilator he had trouble breathing and they did an xray which showed he had a pneumothorax (air the wrong side of his chest) He then needed a drain in his side to drain the air then he needed a second drain because the first blocked. But once it had ddrained out he made a very quick recover and after 11 days he was home with us. I had him weighed today and he is 7lb 13.5oz so doing really well especially when he lost alot of weight to start with he went right down to about 5lb his Due date was tomorrow the 4th June xxx

Welcome over ere Cheryl ( and cheers for the fb add) Chase is gorgeous and a great weight! You must have got a fright when they took him from you after thinkin all was ok! :hugs:

Welcome to the preemie club. Not a club anyone wants of be part of, but its a ruddy good club! :rofl:

Hi Hun, Thank you and thanks for accepting me, I thought i had best make a post in here why I have a spare minute. Im triyng to add some pics on here but photobucket wont let me sign in. Yes it was really scary, i had my second at 33 weeks but he was just small and I was prepared for him to be took to special care because he was so small and was told before but everything happened that quick with Chase it was a huge shock, The midwife kept telling me I wasn't in labour because my contractions were irregular but i knew he was coming being my 4th. So it was a huge shock for everyone when he popped out lol xxx

Congratulations.

My little one spent some time in special care with a pneumothorax too. She's now a happy and healthy 18 month old.

Nice to meet you hun, Glad your LO is doing good. Great to hear from other mummy's that have been through the same I don't feel so alone xxx

I forgot to say, Chase had a heart murmur which seems to have gone but he has to have a scan in a month or 2 xxx

Hiya Cheryl! Chloe had a heart murmur!! When she had her scan done it had gone too! I am glad Chase is well and thriving

Thanks hun, The last doctor who listned to it said she couldn't hear it so fingers crossed its already gone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->