Cheapest supermarket?

The problem I found with aldi is I couldnt meal plan, I do a 7 day meal plan and take an exact list that I try not to steer from unless there is a good offer, I could never find anything in aldi, I would walk around aimlessly and I found that they would do one thing one week but not the next. If I had one close I would go in and get what I could and get the rest elsewhere, but it isn't that close and tbh I don't have time to be going to numerous shops a week to save what will only be a few pounds.

If aldi started online shopping then I would be all for it! It's so much more fun shopping with a search box :haha:

Me and my OH have fallen out of love with Tesco they are so expensive the one near us and they dont sell as much as Morrisons or Sainsburys. I love Sainsburys but it would take us 20/25 mins to get to our nearest one. Im so glad Sainsburys do online delivery now its fab although its 4.99 a delivery slot. I love Sainburys clothes i think they have so much for the kids. But recently we have been shopping at Morrisons so many more offers on and its also getting the petrol vouchers aswell which is very handy :thumbup:

I just found Aldi and wow what a saving. I still buy meat from butches and top up fresh veg in a grocers and the odd bits from waitrose as it's close to me

The problem I found with aldi is I couldnt meal plan, I do a 7 day meal plan and take an exact list that I try not to steer from unless there is a good offer, I could never find anything in aldi, I would walk around aimlessly and I found that they would do one thing one week but not the next. If I had one close I would go in and get what I could and get the rest elsewhere, but it isn't that close and tbh I don't have time to be going to numerous shops a week to save what will only be a few pounds.

If aldi started online shopping then I would be all for it! It's so much more fun shopping with a search box :haha:

If you are meal planning per week then online shopping is way cheaper. I'm quite sad and enjoy going food shopping-it's a morning out for me especially now Waitrose give you a free coffee :haha:
But I did go through a phase of online shopping along side meal planning and I would spend £75 one week then £20 the next etc so I was spending £95 per fortnight as opposed to my usual £140 per fortnight if I shopped in store.

I struggle to find morrisons cheaper-we don't have one local to us but if we're ever away we usually shop in morrisons. The last time we did cost us £80 for 4 nights away compared with my usual £75-80 at Waitrose for a week.

I tried Aldi but it was so small.

We use Tesco's because I find it more affordable. We have a morrisons discount card and still find it much more expensive aside from their deals

i live near tesco too, and iceland, both are not bad. but if my parents are going to aldi id prefer to go there, the aldi brands are just as good as big brands if not the same or even better and the prices are good too..
i get nappies from there, cheap and chips, and good quality too, never had any leaks so far..
for frozen foods, id say farm foods or iceland x

We mainly use aldi and get some bits from lidl like meats. It's saved us a fortune compared to Tesco but I do miss the club card points x

i didnt find aldis meat any cheaper than anywhere else to be fair, a few things isnt as good, and they should bring bigger ones out, i think now they are more popular they will up market their stores and websites etc.. if they dont they should lol x

We shop at Aldi and wouldn't switch back to the bigger supermarkets now :).

I do shop around a bit aswel though as out Aldi is in the centre of town so I tend to get some bits in town aswel to spread the cost even more.

I do find though because Aldi is so cheap I spend more than I should as if that makes sense by not keeping to my list! But still way cheaper than tesco, asda and morrisons IMO x

We shop at Aldi and wouldn't switch back to the bigger supermarkets now :).

I do shop around a bit aswel though as out Aldi is in the centre of town so I tend to get some bits in town aswel to spread the cost even more.

I do find though because Aldi is so cheap I spend more than I should as if that makes sense by not keeping to my list! But still way cheaper than tesco, asda and morrisons IMO x

i said this to my OH, yes its cheaper by far, but as its that cheap you find your self buying things you dont really need or double up on things you get, but you get because its cheap and good quality, so in the long run, u spend what you would else where, but least you have lots of chocolate LOL.. well thats in my case anyway haha x

Is the meat good at lidil? Mac fruit and veg?
I'm quite funny with my meat. I alway think a butchers is more expensive?

Lidl fish is very good, I've never had a problem with any meat from Aldi or lidl xx

I think it depends what you want. Asda is often cheaper than Tesco for branded stuff like Coca Cola, but their smart price range is not as extensive as Tesco's everyday value. They don't seem to have as much in their 'world foods' section either. For us, that makes Tesco cheaper because I use the everyday value stuff and world foods stuff quite often and can't find a similarly priced versions in Asda. I buy in bulk when Tesco have the better offers on brands so it compares okay to Asda for them although it wouldn't compare well if I bought branded stuff every week. I could probably save by shopping in Lidl or Aldi but meal planning saves me a lot of money and I couldn't do that there, so it might end up costing more, plus I'd feel too disorganised - I'm not good at planning on the hop!

I go to Aldi and asda.
I do try and meal plan but if you go to Aldi regularly you can kinda meal plan as I know they will always have salmon, chicken, etc etc.
You get 15 free range eggs for just over a pound, I find it alot more in asda etc (boyfriend eats about 30 eggs a week!)

Things I get from asda are cheese, milk, baby milk, and sauces to put into meals as boyfriend is fussy with these.
Aldi also have really good deals on fruit & veg and now we are trying to healthy eat I can get heaps and heaps of fruit and veg for about a tenner. This includes veg to make soup, green juice ingredients, lots of fruit for baby, potatoes etc.

I also get treats from here as find they have really cheap crisps, biscuits etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->