Check your smoke detectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the why bird

Reaction score
One of mine had no batteries in it!:growlmad:

This is the time of year we light scented candles, cook big meals and overload our sockets with twinkly lights and new electronics. Make sure your smoke alarms are working before Christmas. You don't have to be irresponsible to have a fire. A few weeks ago the charger on my Dad's laptop suddenly went up in flames while he was using it, for no reason. Since we were right there we had it out in no time, but if we had been out of the room for a couple of minutes it would've spread. And let's be honest, a lot of us leave things charging or on overnight.

Please check yours then bump so we all have a safe Christmas. :thumbup:

Will check mine this aft. We moved in here 1st Oct and our landlord is a fireman so made sure they had new batteries etc. better to be safe than sorry xx

Keep meaning to check mine
thank you for the nudge will def do it when munchkin wakes from her nap.

Thanks for this reminder :)
I took one of mine down the other day because it was beeping and I've still not gotten round to replacing the battery. I'll do it when I get in :thumbup:

Great post! I work in the insurance industry and it's amazing how many people do not think to do this, sometimes with a bad ending!

I check mine daily....:blush: my toaster sets it off every morning!!

Great post though, so important. I'm going to put a FB status up too now after this reminder x

Checked and both of ours are in working order. Good job done!

my cooking is enough of a test for mine, set it off twice last week :dohh:

Bump xx

Keepingour beloved BnB community (and their families) safe <3

I really need to sort this!!! We only have ONE in our new house! And it's a big house! I heard the fire service will come and fit them free of charge...is this true and does anyone know how to go about sorting it?

https://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/hfsc It's true, I used to book these for my clients all the time. If your kids are old enough they will talk to them about what to do in a fire, too. Be warned, you will get told off (nicely) if you have overloaded sockets or mirrors over the fire. Despite what that site says I've never known them come in an actual fire engine.

Every year or so our local fire dept come round checking smoke detectors and install them if you don't have one or they're not in a good location. Lucas was made up last time because they took him up on the fire engine and put a helmet on him :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"