Checking In after having first baby @ 44.

44npregnant

Reaction score
I'm finally having the time to post after having my first child at 44. Of course, I obsessed over every little thing during my pregnancy but I had a normal pregnancy. The only issue I really struggled with was carpel tunnel syndrome at night and had to wear some wrists thingys. I had an uneventful c-section and my son seems to be your normal 14 month old. So don't lose hope! I'm proof it can be done!

Congrats 44! I'm 7/8 weeks pregnant, turned 40 a few days after my BFP. I had DS1 at 35 and DS2 at 37. I then lost an ovary to ovarian ectopic pregnancy in January this year so thought that was it for me! Conceived again only 4 months after surgery.

Very nervous now. Have had an early scan to check baby in right place, and was dated at 6+1 with heartbeat :cloud9: I am still finding it hard to get excited about this baby yet because miscarriage statistics for over 40's are pretty scary.

Congrats again hun xx

Congrats! I had my first at 46 and she's a happy healthy 2 year old now. Most people get all wide eyed when I tell them I had her at 46 and wasn't on fertility meds, wasn't even trying to get pregnant, but yep it happens! Never thought I'd be a single mom to a 2 year old at 48 (49 later this year). I'm loving it though! Hope you're enjoying your time with your little one bc the old cliche is true...it goes by too fast.

Hey there! It's wonderful to know there are other women out there who had similar experience getting pregnant naturally. I hope I can make it to 2 years! My son is a handful lol

Wow thats encouraging. I had a baby at 44 w/o any fertility meds (tons of supps though) my very healthy baby is almost 2 and I'm 46 as well hoping to concieve another. I got my PP period back at 7 mos while breastfeeding but no luck TTC for 15 mos.

Wow thats encouraging. I had a baby at 44 w/o any fertility meds (tons of supps though) my very healthy baby is almost 2 and I'm 46 as well hoping to concieve another. I got my PP period back at 7 mos while breastfeeding but no luck TTC for 15 mos.

Good luck! I would also love to have at least one more but just not able to right now for financial reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->