Checking in with my midwest girls!

jocelynmarie

Reaction score
I think all of us have moved or are in the process of moving over to 2nd tri, so I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is!

Hope everyone is past the sickness and enjoying life for a little while! :hugs:

I will officially be here in second trimester on sunday. I don't remember are you finding out sex of baby? and if so have you found out yet?

Definitely going to find out! Have about 6 weeks until my scan though :(

Are you and hubby finding out?

oh yes for sure we have 12 week scan Friday along with genetics scan. So, we are hoping for an early Potty Shot. Then, since I am high risk with Diabetes I have another scan at 15 weeks so sex will be told then if they don't give us a guess of at least 80% accuracy Friday. Then at 18 weeks we have another scan with a Pediatric cardiologist to check baby's heart and spine and verify nothing is wrong due to my Diabetes. So, very soon one way or another. Another one that was in our 1st trimester thread was liz0012 she is having a girl! She found out a couple weeks ago at 14 weeks and had a 3D done today. I can't wait til Friday then Sunday to be over here in 2nd trimester. How are you feeling?

I had my gender scan with my first at 18 weeks and they only gave me a 60% accuracy then, not trying to discourage at all, just saying to be prepared that it might take a while to know for sure! But then again maybe she was just cautious about it. I told my ob the results after and she said the tech had been there forever and ever and was never wrong even with the low odds, so I bought blue!

I feel mostly pretty good. My back has been bothering me a lot, but other than that, really not many complaints. Need to go shopping soon for new clothes. I love my comfy lounge pants but I think OH is really sick of seeing me in them. :haha:

I have been wearing maternity since week 7ish. I couldn't stand anything pushing on my tummy at all so I went with comfort and cute at the same time LOL. Although I wear my lounge pants at home all day long. :)

Hi...was there already a midwest group somewhere else? Just wondering if I could join in the discussion. I'm actually from Texas, but moved to La Crosse, Wisconsin to be with my fiance about a year ago. :)

yippee!! WI I am in Rochester, MN how are you today Zoey?

I am doing okay. I felt a little bit lightheaded earlier, but I think I just needed to get out of the house. Fresh air definitely helps. Nothing really new with me, OH, and baby. We heard his heartbeat on Monday and it was at 156 bpm. :)

I was going to say, I don't know if I was in it, but I am in Iowa. 16 weeks tomorrow and ultrasound on May 9th I'll be 18 weeks :) Wea re team yellow..not sure if Im happy about it

I was going to say, I don't know if I was in it, but I am in Iowa. 16 weeks tomorrow and ultrasound on May 9th I'll be 18 weeks :) Wea re team yellow..not sure if Im happy about it

Yeah I remember you posting like maybe twice it wasn't a busy thread. I am naughty because I am technically not here in 2nd trimester with you all yet. But, 1st trimester is so full of after Christmas and January 2014 babies now that I feel so out of place. I have 29 Hours til 12 week scan and genetics and I am so anxious and excited. I hope they put me ahead.

Hi Girls!!!! Glad to see you all have or are moving on over! I came over last week, I am 15 weeks today! I'm still having good and bad days, lots of heartburn at night that makes me feel super nauseous. I am just taking life a day at a time and hoping for more good days than bad days. I remember feeling much better by this time with the other kids, so this baby must be a trouble maker!! I still feel so tired all of the time. I feel awful because DH has been doing most of the laundry folding. I manage to get it washed and dried, but a lot of it has ended up unfolded and sitting in a basket for a few hours.... I feel like my energy supply is still very very low and my bones just feel like they're jelly. Hoping soon I feel like me again. Today is another one of those nauseous days for me. I hope everything goes well at your scans peanutmomma and that you get to find out what you're having! Is Liz over here in 2nd tri? I don't think I've seen her yet, but so happy for her that she's having a little girl. Girls are so much fun! Weren't one of you guys having twins????

Hello Zoey and Newatthis! I am team yellow as well newatthis! We have 2 other kids, a boy and girl, so this time I have opted for a surprise. However DH does not want a surprise lol. He is finding out baby's sex and keeping his lips sealed. We hope. For those who weren't in the thread from 1st tri, I am from White Bear Lake, MN!

Hello craftymomma, nice to see you too. I was pregnant with twins but one was a vanishing twin. The other is a jumping bean LOL. Yes Liz is over here in 2nd trimester. She has a thread over here that I believe is called, "Is this really a girl" She has been in Milwakii for the past 10 days visiting family. She is so elated about the little girl. She had a 3D u/s done while visiting family and Friends there this week and they confirmed a girl. She will be 17 weeks on Sunday. I hope Tomorrow they move me up a few days. Otherwise I will be 13 weeks on Sunday. Liz and her DH have a name picked out already I will let her know you asked about her and see that she finds this thread when she returns home.
DH and I are really leaning towards a boy feeling. less than 24 hours and we have all the fun stuff. I will be posting the pic here and see what vibes you all get boy/girl? And hopefully when I go back for my followup in 2-3 weeks I will get a confirmation scan.

Glad to see you in here craftymama and newatthis! I don't know that we officially had a group, but just happy to have others close by and to keep in touch!

I haven't had heartburn with this one yet, but I had it bad with my first. Did you suffer with it in all your pregnancies crafty? I think I pretty much lived on the smoothie Tums for a good 6 months! So far I haven't had it yet, so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays away.

Anyone having serious cravings? I'm cranky today because all I want is chocolate and I have to wait for OH to get home with some. LO isn't feeling well so I don't want to bring him out just to satisfy a craving, but its killing me!

Oh and nice to meet you Zoey!!

Newatthis and craftymama... I commend you for staying team yellow. I don't know if I could do it! Maybe I could if I had one of each like you do crafty, but probably not. lol... I'm too impatient!

It's nice to see that there's a Midwestern thread! Do ya'll mind if I join? My name is Keely and I live in Springfield, MO. How is everyone? :D

It's nice to see that there's a Midwestern thread! Do ya'll mind if I join? My name is Keely and I live in Springfield, MO. How is everyone? :D

I grew up in St. Charles, MO and lived in St. Louis the past few years til last summer when I moved too MN with now DH!! welcome I am happy a Missourian is here too. I worked as a private cok for the Cardinals and the Rams the past few years. And I had quite a few friends attend college in Springfield.
How is the weather? St. Louis is finally getting Spring my mom told me last weekend. :hugs:

Hello craftymomma, nice to see you too. I was pregnant with twins but one was a vanishing twin. The other is a jumping bean LOL. Yes Liz is over here in 2nd trimester. She has a thread over here that I believe is called, "Is this really a girl" She has been in Milwakii for the past 10 days visiting family. She is so elated about the little girl. She had a 3D u/s done while visiting family and Friends there this week and they confirmed a girl. She will be 17 weeks on Sunday. I hope Tomorrow they move me up a few days. Otherwise I will be 13 weeks on Sunday. Liz and her DH have a name picked out already I will let her know you asked about her and see that she finds this thread when she returns home.
DH and I are really leaning towards a boy feeling. less than 24 hours and we have all the fun stuff. I will be posting the pic here and see what vibes you all get boy/girl? And hopefully when I go back for my followup in 2-3 weeks I will get a confirmation scan.

Oh I'm so sorry! Glad to hear the other baby is staying healthy and active though! I will have to look for Liz's thread. My visits here have been more limited lately now that the weather is getting nicer I'm sure it will be even less. Doesn't surprised me I missed her post! It's funny how a mother's intuition works. I had that "feeling" with both my first two babies, I just knew what they were. And I was right both times. So far this time I've got the "girl" feeling. We shall see in a 22-25 weeks! I'm nervous for the 20 week scan, moreso than the 12 week scan. If my cervix shortens this time as it did last time, doc will be putting in a stitch if I'm not too late. But I don't believe my cervix had shortened until well after the 20 week mark last time. It wasn't caught until I was 27 weeks with my son. I am taking it a lot easier this time and trying to be sure I stay hydrated better than I did last time in hopes it helps, and I no longer have to lift in my job so hoping that also helps. We shall see! Good luck at your scan and I hope you get a peek at what baby's sex is!!

Glad to see you in here craftymama and newatthis! I don't know that we officially had a group, but just happy to have others close by and to keep in touch!

I haven't had heartburn with this one yet, but I had it bad with my first. Did you suffer with it in all your pregnancies crafty? I think I pretty much lived on the smoothie Tums for a good 6 months! So far I haven't had it yet, so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays away.

Anyone having serious cravings? I'm cranky today because all I want is chocolate and I have to wait for OH to get home with some. LO isn't feeling well so I don't want to bring him out just to satisfy a craving, but its killing me!

I did have a lot of heartburn with my first two pregnancies, however not so much this early. I've had it since about 10 weeks and it's been horrible. Daily. I live on tums as well, the tropical fruit ones. That old wives tale about baby having lots of hair if you have heartburn? I've proven that bad boy wrong over and over. And I am quite certain I will again lol. My kids come out with very little hair. And CRAVINGS! Oh man I have the worst possible. Pickles and Pickle Juice. I crave it something fierce. I have had days where I just stare at the jar longingly, telling myself no, while my body screams yes! I want them soooo bad, and I have had a few days where I had some willpower but most days I cave. I'm not that big a pickle eater normally. I've been through 2-2 quart jars, and 5 1-quart jars in the last month. It's terrible. Hope you get your pickle soon! (YOUR CHOCOLATE! See...now I have pickle brain...)

As of yet I don't have this intense desire to know what baby's sex is, though it may change once I know dh knows. But I think my desire to experience that surprise will be stronger!

hahaha!!! I actually tried to cure my chocolate craving with pickles... had 2 of them and they were super good, but the craving is still there! OH will be home in about an hour and a half with my cookies I told him I absolutely HAD to have.

Hi Keely! Nice to meet you!

I had my gender scan with my first at 18 weeks and they only gave me a 60% accuracy then, not trying to discourage at all, just saying to be prepared that it might take a while to know for sure! But then again maybe she was just cautious about it.

That's a bummer to hear! I have my gender scan at 18 weeks but mine will be with a 4D sono. This is my first pregnancy so I would assume those have a bit better of a chance to determine????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->