Checking in with my midwest girls!

I had my gender scan with my first at 18 weeks and they only gave me a 60% accuracy then, not trying to discourage at all, just saying to be prepared that it might take a while to know for sure! But then again maybe she was just cautious about it.

That's a bummer to hear! I have my gender scan at 18 weeks but mine will be with a 4D sono. This is my first pregnancy so I would assume those have a bit better of a chance to determine????

I think it all depends on the baby and the sonographer really. A 4D should be more detailed and easier to see I would think, but I really don't know. That was just my experience! I know there are lots of ladies that have found out earlier.

If my child is anything like me, they're going to be as stubborn and difficult as possible. :-k

Nice, it's great to meet another Missourian (er, original Missourian, hehe). And the weather is great down here, the weather was absolutely gorgeous today. I'm sure that people are finding morel mushrooms already. :)

I've got a feeling in my gut that says that this pumpkin is a girl (so does my mother) but we'll see when I have my ultrasound on May 6th. I think that DF is secretly hoping for a boy, but he's been saying that he doesn't know or have any feelings on the matter either way. It's probably a defense mechanism for just in case so that he doesn't experience gender disappointment, especially since I have a strong feeling that it's a girl.

What, am I the only Husker girl on here? I am from Nebraska and almost in my third tri.

I love this thread! I'm Lindsey and I'm from southern Wisconsin.

We have our beautiful daughter, Finley who is 15 months, and #2 on the way in September.

Its awesome to see so many gals from the midwest! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I have a feeling that this one is a girl, its so different from my pregnancy with my son. I could go either way though, I definitely won't have gender disappointment no matter what this time!

We have our beautiful daughter, Finley who is 15 months, and #2 on the way in September.

Hi :wave: minnesota here.
Im in a similar boat with you. I have a 14 month old and expecting in sept as well.
Very terrified to have 2 under 2!

Im in a similar boat with you. I have a 14 month old and expecting in sept as well.

It won't be for very long! My daughter will be 20 months when #2 is born, so 4 months or so for us with 2 under 2!!

We can do it!

Awww, its definitely scary at first have 2 under 2. My daughter was 15 months when our son came, and I was a bundle of nerves, I begged dh not to go back to work and leave me alone. BUT, I can tell you after about a week alone with them, it doesn't feel so scary anymore. You adjust quickly, and it is far scarier going from 1 to 2 than anything (at least I think it is). Once you've done it, you feel like "I got this. I'm mom I can do anything they throw at me!" I haven't felt that fear at all with #3 coming. Good luck ladies! You'll do great! Just make a special timw for Mama and the older child to have special time together where its JUST her and Mama, no babies allowed. It definitely helps avoid the jealousy. At that age they don't "get" babies, they just see they're being replaced. If dad runs to the store, baby has to stay home amd big sis gets to go all by herself. Its little things that help let them know they're still super special!

I see Liz0012 hasn't made it here yet. I will send her a PM and again and tell her about the thread. I hope all of you are well. I am really enjoying the nice weather we have all all weekend and so far this week. DH birthday is Thursday and they are sayin snow for MN and IA so that bites but what do you do? LOL ANyways, I just wanted to say hello.

Ugh, they are saying snow AGAIN?! Noooooooooo, that makes me want to cry! Its been so gorgeous, I can't handle more snow! Heck, I even got a sunburn this weekend!!

Mine aren't going to be quite that close together, Aidan will be about 26 months when this LO comes, but I am worried about how he is going to deal with it jealousy wise. He is so used to being the center of the universe.

yes they are saying 2-4 inches of snow for South East MN and 6-8 for North near Canada. But, then it is suppose to warm up later Thursday to 64 degrees. So, go figure. I feel like I amback in MO where you will Literally see rain in the morning, sun and 70's in the afternoon and snow at night. Even in May on occasions. Maybe it will not come as I am loving the fresh air and getting outside and enjoying it all.

My son has literally spent the last few days outside ALL day. He is going to hate it if he can't go out and run! I've let him go out barefoot so that he can be a boy and get all dirty. He's not loving having to take a bath every night though! lol

That's weather in the Midwest for you. If you don't like it, wait a few hours and it'll be totally different.

Thanks surprisedmama and craftymama. My ds will turn 18months on my exact due date. I am a sahm for the time being...planning on going back to work full time some day...daycare is just soooo expensive!

thats a great idea leaving hubby home with baby and taking the older one with for shopping!

Do any of you know if you can swim in lakes while pregnant? Just wondering because in laws have a cabin and im hoping to take ds there alot this summer for some swimming.

I wouldn't think that there should be any problem with it! I swam in the ocean and a pool when I had my first. I don't think I went in any lakes, but I don't really remember!

I can see a whole slew of people poo pooing the idea of swimming in a "dirty" lake while pregnant, however before pools were invented, I am guessing Moms everywhere swam in lakes to cool off while pregnant! There are so many things they tell us not to do, I think sometimes they'd prefer we all live in a bubble for 9 months. I say go for it! I was mostly pregnant in fall/winter months, so there was no lake swimming for me, however I would have jumped in in a heartbeat!

I am hoping DH takes me to the cabin that his family has and he said it's near a lake. That sounds like fun. I want to go swimming now. I suppose that''a what I get for having lived in CA as a child then, when we moved to MO I grew up with a swimming pool. I am a water baby for sure. LOL Although, I need to teach DH how to swim. Maybe I can teach him and the baby at the same time.

We have a pool in our complex and I'm itching for it to open back up so that we can go swimming. Maybe they'll open it up before the end of May if the weather stays consistently hot for a couple of weeks. They kept it open until October last year, so I think our pool is open sooner and closed later than most pools in MO. They've already got the tarp off and they've been cleaning it, so I figure that they'll have it open pretty soon.

I would think that it's perfectly fine to swim in a lake while pregnant. :D

I spent the weekend in Kansas City visiting my mom. It was great, and I know that my mom loves spending time with my DF. She adores him, probably because they have a lot in common and they have a similar sense of humor. I can't stand my best friend's new girlfriend, but he seems happy, so I don't know how to tell him that I don't like her. I feel like she's mentally unstable and a compulsive liar and I find her personality unbearably annoying, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->