Checking in with my midwest girls!

We have a pool in our complex and I'm itching for it to open back up so that we can go swimming. Maybe they'll open it up before the end of May if the weather stays consistently hot for a couple of weeks. They kept it open until October last year, so I think our pool is open sooner and closed later than most pools in MO. They've already got the tarp off and they've been cleaning it, so I figure that they'll have it open pretty soon.

I would think that it's perfectly fine to swim in a lake while pregnant. :D

I spent the weekend in Kansas City visiting my mom. It was great, and I know that my mom loves spending time with my DF. She adores him, probably because they have a lot in common and they have a similar sense of humor. I can't stand my best friend's new girlfriend, but he seems happy, so I don't know how to tell him that I don't like her. I feel like she's mentally unstable and a compulsive liar and I find her personality unbearably annoying, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. ):

My older sister lives in Kansas City. well, Olathe Ks to be exact.

I can't believe this crappy weather! Not much snow here, but dang it is COLD OUT!

Cold here too! We lucked out, it snowed but no actual accummulation. It was a rain/snow mix moreso. I hear Owatanna got nailed hard though :( power lines and trees down since the snow is SO heavy. Can't wait for the warm up!

Looks like a couple more days and it should warm up a little. I need to get my pregnant butt outside and moving. I get so tired being cooped up inside!

We have my fiance's son and his son's half brother this weekend and this weather is going to make it to where the weekend may not be that much fun. We also had internet inside of our apartment for all winter now to get a WiFi signal, we have to go outside.

hey ladies!! Geez, I haven't talked with you guys in weeks!!! How are you all?? I am good. I finally woke up yesterday with a bump and got an even bigger one this morning:) I found out a couple weeks ago it's a girl. I am thrilled:) I feel good and my sinus infection is finally gone after a long painful month. When are you guys moving into 2nd tri??

congrats on finding out about the baby girl liz!!! How stinking exciting for you!!

We've had quite a bit of flooding within the last few weeks, a few days of 80 degree weather, but now its back to 60's and more rain the rest of the week :( NOT doing very good things for my allergies!

here is my bump ladies!! It came in over night yesterday and this morning!!

Attachments

• baby bump 17+4 .jpg
    baby bump 17+4 .jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
super cute bump!

Its SNOWING.. AGAIN... argh. I've had enough. My hormones are getting the best out of me and putting me in a super nasty mood.

LOVE the bump Liz! Super cute! I moved into 2nd tri about 2 weeks ago, I am now 16 weeks. Gkad you are feeling better! Congrats on your baby girl! I have had a bump for a few weeks, but this is my 3rd baby so I'm popping faster! I am feeling better most days, sunshine helped a lot for my mood last week, though now its back to that white junk everywhere. Snowing again here today too. I got all my gardens cleaned out and yard raked last weekend when it was beautiful so its only fitting that its all covered with snow again... its cold and snowing, and it makes me tired and grumpy!

Zoey I hope you guys find something fun to do indoors this weekend, it DOES sound like it will be cold and yuck. We are doing the MS walk this Sunday, so hoping the rain holds out a little for us!

Amsan stay safe, I hope the flooding ends as quickly as is possible for you all.

Well, we got about 22-23 inches of snow yesterday!!! It was DH 26th birthday and he got to stay home :) But, only because he got stuck driving in the snow about 3 houses down and his truck is now plowed in. We cuddled in bed all day til I made him his birthday dinner of meatloaf mashed potatoes and green beans. Everyone absolutely LOVED it. I cried because I thought it tasted like the worst thing ever to enter my mouth. Oh, I found i so horrible. I have been having issues lately with everything I eat is so gross to me and I am never ever hungry. I don't see how others that are as far along as I am can just eat and eat all the time.
Sorry, for the rambling.. I hope everyone is doing well. I looked in the mirror this morning and thought I don't look pregnant at all. I guess the remainder of bloating has finally left or something. I can feel my uterus and have a little tiny round belly, but I just look healthy and no longer pale. Maybe it is the beginning of a pregnancy glow? Yeah, right!! Question since I think all of you are at least 3 weeks ahead or more than I am. Did your boobs start to get all sensitive and painful all over again when you got closer to 14 weeks? My boobs have decided that what I felt at like 6-8 weeks was just a ploy and now OMG I am in pain. I have had the blue veins going on since week 6, but now my areola are actually turning blue and my sports bra has become my only bra to wear. I have some nonunderwires, but they hurt too. I think I am experiencing more worse round ligament pains now too as there are times when I can barely walk it hurts so bad. I suppose these are just more joys of pregnancy?

Cold here too! We lucked out, it snowed but no actual accummulation. It was a rain/snow mix moreso. I hear Owatanna got nailed hard though :( power lines and trees down since the snow is SO heavy. Can't wait for the warm up!

3/4 of Rochester was out of power yesterday. Many didn't get it back til about 7-8pm last night either. we lucked out we had power and stayed in bed watching movies all day. There is a pet store in Rochester that didn't open til 12:45pm because none of the employees could make it there. And I heard this morning many of their newer fish died because the power had been out so long. Sad for them.

hey ladies!! Geez, I haven't talked with you guys in weeks!!! How are you all?? I am good. I finally woke up yesterday with a bump and got an even bigger one this morning:) I found out a couple weeks ago it's a girl. I am thrilled:) I feel good and my sinus infection is finally gone after a long painful month. When are you guys moving into 2nd tri??

Liz my friend you made it home and on here Yippee!!! I have missed you but didn't want to keep bugging you on your visit with family!!! I am so happy now. I have my 12 week scan pictures I want to show you. So So sO glad you are here with us now

Whew 22INCHES!!! I am no longer complaining about the little snow I have lol. Sounds like you two had a nice snow day though! Anyone else feel like we might as well put the Christmas trees back up?

I too struggle with food, can only eat certain things and most of my favorite foods are out of the question. However I am not just hungry all the time, I'm ABSOLUTELY STARVING all day. But NOTHING seems to look or taste good so mostly I end up eating pickles, a bagel, fruit, or cereal. A few times I've eaten just mashed potatoes the entire day lol. Its hard fighting these pregnancy aversions and being super hungry all the time! Both my first pregnancies the food aversions didn't really get better. Once I couldn't eat it, I was done for the whole pregnancy. Wish I could say with certainty it gets better, but sometimes it doesn't :(

3/4 of Rochester was out of power yesterday. Many didn't get it back til about 7-8pm last night either. we lucked out we had power and stayed in bed watching movies all day. There is a pet store in Rochester that didn't open til 12:45pm because none of the employees could make it there. And I heard this morning many of their newer fish died because the power had been out so long. Sad for them.

Oh no!! Those poor fishies! :'( yeah that snow had to be just a wet heavy mess. Snow this late in the year is never welcome...

I was just telling DH we might as well put the Christmas stuff up then we have 7 months to get it perfect!!! I thought Missouri weather was crazy. I was just starting to get to where I was not FREEZING all day long with this MN weather. We had the windows open all last weekend and started yard work. BRRR!! Now I just want to see the snow melt and stay away for a few months then I would be happy

Hello ladies! :wave: I am loving this thread! I love seeing other Midwesterners around here :thumbup:
My name is Katie and I live in Apple Valley, MN. My DH and I got married last October. I have a 4yo DD. Looks as though #2 is going to be a girl as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->