checking your cervix

leximo

pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if any of you ladies have tried successfully or unsuccessfully to check your own cervix during the last few weeks of pregnancy to check for dilation or changes?

I used to check when TTC but now can't seem to reach it?? Is it much further back now?

Thanks

I used to check mine when we we're TTC so i know what to feel for, i've started to check mine a few time's this past week and it's that high i can't feel it, i think it stays high and then move's down when your close to labour but i'm not 100% sure :)

It moves high and towards the back during pregnancy, it only starts to move around during the final weeks/days. First it moves forwards and down, then it starts to dilate :)

Thanks, so I guess once we start feeling it we may be getting close...
:happydance:

I checked mine last night and it was soft and I think about 1cm dilated. However, I know this can happen just before labour or can stay like that for ages. Seeing as I don't have ages now before baby HAS to come out one way or another I'm hoping something will start sooner rather than later!

well hubbi accidently checked mine for me lol. probably tmi but during sexytime ;) he felt my cervix and his finger even slid in so i assume that means i'm probably 1cm dilated. since then i was curious so i tried to feel it and could only feel it sitting on the loo, could just about reach it, but its very soft and has a hole about the size of a finger. x

Ooh that sounds good! I'll be checking constantly now, but can't even feel when sat on the loo at the moment :nope:

mines been like this for about a week though and no change since so i dont think anything is happening for me really. they say that it can just happen all of a sudden. i keep wanting to check all the time now but i'm trying not to as i dont wanna irriatate anything. x

I was 2cms for at least two weeks before birth but went from 2cms to 10 in 1 hour 45 mins so it can definitely happen quickly :)

is it safe to do this yourself? doesn't sound safe at all to me....

As long as your hands are clean and don't have sharp nails! It's safe to check your own cervix.

I wouldnt know how too !! lol... I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone checkin their own before . Sounds silly but how would you know what your lookin for.
By the way this is my third pregnancy. Has anyone been told they can check this by a midwife or doc ? xx

EEK....im too squeemish to do this myself.
Might have hubby try to take a feel.

The other night when we were fooling around he claims he felt something...but most of the time he doesn't know what he's talkin about

:rofl: It's amazing what difference going through long term TTC makes!! Checking your own cervix seems completely normal to me after doing it every month throughout every cycle for 5 years!! I mentioned it to my best friend though and she couldn't believe it! :rofl:

As for me- mine is still far back and unreachable too and today's my blooming due date!!

Yup, checking my cervix is so normal for me too - I checked it regularly while TTCing and so I know what I'm looking for. Can feel it now although it's quite alot higher.

this seems so foreign to me. I dont think I would trust myself to check my own cervix... sounds painfull.. had the nurse at the hospital do it once when I was having some pains and thought she was going to stick her entire hand inside me!

Doesn't hurt in the least for me and I only have to stick one finger in fully.

I can honestly say I have never heard of checking your own cervix! Wow, I'm godsmacked haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->