checking your cervix

We learn something new everyday! ;)

Here are a few links on Google: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=checking+cervix&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

I wouldn't recommend anyone who hasn't checked their cervix before (prepregnancy) to start checking it now.
I think it's prefectly safe to check (I mean.... if your OH's willy can get up in there, I'm sure a clean/gentle hand couldn't do any harm, lol), but, if you've never done it before, I'm assuming it wouldn't make much of a difference (because you don't know what you're looking for, changes, position, etc.)
:flower:

Yes there isn't much point if you haven't done it before - it's all squishy now so it's hard to tell everything apart unless you know what you're looking for from before pregnancy. I shared the links mainly for people who say they've never heard of it before - to illustrate that it isn't uncommon.

this seems so foreign to me. I dont think I would trust myself to check my own cervix... sounds painfull.. had the nurse at the hospital do it once when I was having some pains and thought she was going to stick her entire hand inside me!

I agree...the two internals i've had hurt like the dickens!
Can't imagine me or my husband could be any gentler

i do it every other day its not hard really and i dont see how it would hurt.. a penis would do more damage..

i cant really feel mine atm i think its comin down though from bein posterier?? been losin my plug i think ?? i use to do it whilst ttc to so i think for ppl that are use to it its not a big deal lol.

i been checking mine too :) and mine is low and very soft and squidgy and can get a fingertip in there too

Yes there isn't much point if you haven't done it before - it's all squishy now so it's hard to tell everything apart unless you know what you're looking for from before pregnancy. I shared the links mainly for people who say they've never heard of it before - to illustrate that it isn't uncommon.

i have had a little look in the mirror and a little feel and your right i cant tell anything apart as i dont want to look for. Everything is really squishy and looks like its protruded, i can feel something really hard about 1 inch to inches up do you think it could be the head?
Any other comments appreciated also :flower:

This made me think back to ttc to I always had my finger up there lol :blush: I may have a go close to my due date tho god old times sake lol xxx

i have had a little look in the mirror and a little feel and your right i cant tell anything apart as i dont want to look for. Everything is really squishy and looks like its protruded, i can feel something really hard about 1 inch to inches up do you think it could be the head?

At your stage of the pregnancy, your cervix might be lower than mine but I'm not sure if it will as low as 1-2 inches from the opening of your vagina (is that what you meant?).

Have you tried gently sticking one (very clean, and very trimmed) finger in all the way until you almost can't stretch anymore? The cervix is often towards the back and feels like a pair of soft, closed puckered lips.

I checked mine during TTC...seems like if its your cervix, you can touch it if you want, lol as long as you have clean fingers :) I prob will start checking mine around 37 weeks. With my first DS, I could feel his head it was low and pretty round and hard...I was just able to touch it lightly and it was a really cool experience...why should the MW and doctors be the only ones to experience that :)

Thank you for this! I used to check when TTC and I knew it was supposed to be soft and squidgy now, but I really couldn't tell from how cushioned everything is up there now, what is what. I thought I could feel it still and this just makes me more confident I have now. x

This made me think back to ttc to I always had my finger up there lol :blush: I may have a go close to my due date tho god old times sake lol xxx

This really cracked me up :) xx

i wish i could check mine but i wouldnt have a clue what i was feeling for lol, il leave it to the expersts lol

At your stage of the pregnancy, your cervix might be lower than mine but I'm not sure if it will as low as 1-2 inches from the opening of your vagina (is that what you meant?).

Have you tried gently sticking one (very clean, and very trimmed) finger in all the way until you almost can't stretch anymore? The cervix is often towards the back and feels like a pair of soft, closed puckered lips.

Thanks for your reply! everything just feels really squishy like you said if i lay down and put my finger in untill i cant stretch anymore i can feel something really hard almost like its babys head covered by a layer of skin? when i went into labour with my son i started to bleed i had a check and i felt a similar thing. I went into hospital and i was 8cm and my waters didnt break untill last minute when i needed to push i was only in labour for 3 hours after i checked. Im wondering whether i cant feel my cervix as its already dilating which is why i cant feel anything, everything feels alot looser up there than it was before. Hopefully my midwife will have a little check for me tomorrow :flower:

:rofl: It's amazing what difference going through long term TTC makes!! Checking your own cervix seems completely normal to me after doing it every month throughout every cycle for 5 years!! I mentioned it to my best friend though and she couldn't believe it! :rofl:

As for me- mine is still far back and unreachable too and today's my blooming due date!!

The whole thing makes me very sqeemish, but I just wanted to say congratulations after trying for 5 years, that must have been really hard.

:rofl: It's amazing what difference going through long term TTC makes!! Checking your own cervix seems completely normal to me after doing it every month throughout every cycle for 5 years!! I mentioned it to my best friend though and she couldn't believe it! :rofl:

As for me- mine is still far back and unreachable too and today's my blooming due date!!

The whole thing makes me very sqeemish, but I just wanted to say congratulations after trying for 5 years, that must have been really hard.

Aww thankyou! :flower:

I checked mine this morning and it is not to be found anymore...other times i was able to feel it, not easy, but I was able to feel...and I know it was 1 cm dilated, but today is so high and I couldn't find it no matter what position I've tried...:cry:

Thanks for your reply! everything just feels really squishy like you said if i lay down and put my finger in untill i cant stretch anymore i can feel something really hard almost like its babys head covered by a layer of skin? when i went into labour with my son i started to bleed i had a check and i felt a similar thing. I went into hospital and i was 8cm and my waters didnt break untill last minute when i needed to push i was only in labour for 3 hours after i checked. Im wondering whether i cant feel my cervix as its already dilating which is why i cant feel anything, everything feels alot looser up there than it was before. Hopefully my midwife will have a little check for me tomorrow :flower:

Ooh, given your past experience, I would definitely check with the midwife tomorrow. How exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->