Chest Pain?

juhnayrae

Reaction score
Is this something I should be concerned about? I woke up this morning with really sharp chest pain. It wasn't just my boobs, it was my entire chest. DH helped me sit up and I paced a few times by our bed - not sure if that helped any, but it eventually went away after about 10 minutes.

I didn't call our midwife, but now I'm wondering if I should have...I've never heard of chest pain as a common issue in pregnancy and this isn't anything I've ever experienced before either. :shrug:

Does it feel like a tight band across your chest? I have been getting this feeling where it feels really tight and my ribs hurt - i think it's because our uterus is at the stage now where it's starting to push out our ribs and squash our lungs. I was so scared on Saturday, I thought about going to the hospital but I lay down and took my bra/top off and felt better after about 10 mins... Hope you're feeling ok

I've been doing this too it also takes my breath away and shoulders tence up.

I had some last night and almost had DH take me to the ER. I laid on my side for awhile and it went away though. I had a tiny bit this morning also. I'm wondering if it could be from the shot to stop contractions.

Mine were more in my upper chest and it was just sharp pain. Luckily I haven't had it since. Lying down actually seemed to make it worse! The pain started while I was lying on my left side, which seemed odd since that's what's supposed to be best for baby and me. :shrug: Sitting up and walking seemed to help. I wonder if maybe I rolled onto my back in the middle of the night and slept on my back for a long time without realizing it?

I'm scheduled to see my midwife for our regular check up this Friday. I'm going to mention it to her and see what she has to say. I've also been experiencing nausea and now my first Braxton Hicks. Pretty sure she'll tell me it's all just my body preparing for labor in a couple of months.

amjon, I hope your contractions stay away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->