Chicken and Veggie stock - help please

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

Can only stay for a quickie (nanna's here and only got 3 days left :) time goes too fast), got loads of catching up to do with you all later this week.

I was going to make a chicken casserole for Gabbi, using a chicken breast and basing it around the Annabelle book. Now I don't have time to start making chicken stock or vegetable stock, need chicken carcass or some chicken and also veg, but the veg and chicken I have is for the casserole and don't have spare time or the food for the stock. Is there any way I can make it without the stock? Or would it be too bland? I know our normal stock cubes contain to much salt, so does any one have any suggestions please??? Could I add a few herbs to add a little flavour, if yes, which ones?? Oh I am no good at just throwing food together, hopeless!

Thanks girls xx

You could add water instead of stock and add some tymme and a couple of bay leafs if you have them? (dried is fine) the juices from the chicken and the vegetables should make a nice stock in the pan when it's cooking anyway.

Hope that helps you a bit xx

Thank you, big help. I best start cooking then :) Well, gonna make it tomorrow as no time to cook ours and then Gabbi's, was going to do it together, but very tired and have decided to do one thing only, no multi tasking for me today!!!! lol

Thanks again x

Question, can I freeze the stock/juices from the bottom of the pan at the end of cooking? So this is stock?? The loss of one hour yesterday has really thrown me, brain is non functioning!!!

hmm not sure about freezing but I wouldn't see why it'd be a problem

I made a chicken recipe for Hannah yesterday and just added water to the chicken and veggies...it ended up having lots of flavor

BTW, you can buy organic baby stock cubes in Boots if you ever need them again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->