Chicken pox!!!

S

Serene123

Caitlyn's little boyfriend has chicken pox. His rash started today and the NHS direct website says he was contagious from yesterday when they were hugging and kissing!

Chances of her getting it are high, I know, I'm just wondering how long I should wait for before concluding she's not going to get it? I obviously don't want to go out and give it to other people! x

I think it takes about 2 weeks?? Not sure though. x

It doesn't usually appear for 2-3 weeks after contact. That's why chicken pox spreads so well, you can't really keep them cooped up for so long!

my friends little boy just got exposed at his childminders and she looked it up and said incubation is 3 weeks so she has avoided me for that long so isabel doesn't get it in case our baby decides to be born as apparently it's risky for newborns!?!?!

Problem with chickenpox is that by the time you get the rash the most contagious stage is over. I wouldn't keep her cooped up that long though, does it say whether it's just close contact that spreads it?

Erins cousin had chicken pox and the day before it came out she was at my house for the day and playing with Erin. They shared bananas, drinks, toys, biscuits etc and Erin never actually caught it. xx

Nah no need to keep her inside. She may not even get it. Just keep her away from any "at risk" people if you're concerned.

You can't be staying in! I think tell family and friends so they can choose if they want to be in contact with you. I'd be round with dd like a shot so you'll probably have lots of toddler guests!! Everyone else will be at low risk ie, people in a shop, at the park, maybe steer cleat of small closed groups like toddler groups in case of pregnant mums who haven't gone public or newborns.

Xxx

dont have to keep her in hun, just away from pregnant ladies and newborns if you can. she might not even have it, its spread so easily tho and if she does get it soon you can never be certain who she got it from anyways.

dont have to keep her in hun, just away from pregnant ladies and newborns if you can. she might not even have it, its spread so easily tho and if she does get it soon you can never be certain who she got it from anyways.

Also from the elderley, as it can be nasty for them too.

Bless, my eldest had chicken pox when she was 8 weeks old and altho she didnt suffer too badly with it, I still felt awful for her :(

i hope she doesnt get the chicken pox. i caught it from my niece when i was 6 years old and until this day i remember how awful it felt trying not to scratch.

I hope she does too. The younger the better. Adults with chicken pox is a lot worse than a little toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->