Chicken pox

nicki01

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.

My neice has just gotten over chicken pox and now my nephew has them, my little one is almost 15 months and spent a few hours with him the day before the spots came out which is fine, i know it is quite likely she will get it. However i have just been informed that my OH hasnt had chicken pox!

Ive googled this and OMG! ive scared myself shitless! It can be so so bad in adult males. I know this is really selfish but im desperate for another baby but OH isnt ready yet, google says he can become infertile from chicken pox!!

Does anyone have any experience in adult males with the dreaded pox? :wacko:

Fortunately not, but why don't you ring up your GP and speak to them about it? It may be possible to have a chicken pox vaccination for him? I'm not sure, but they'd be able to give you professional answers. The internet can scare you by giving you rare worst case scenarios.

My DH got them when he was 25. He had them bad too....lots of spots, very itchy, feeling horrible, but he didn't get extremely sick. I got them last November and I am 20 (darn my mother for telling me I had the vaccine when it wasn't even out at the time she said I had it) and I had lots of spots, couldn't eat, very sick, and it took the spots like 20 days to heal up, but also I wasn't as bad as some adults get. The thing with getting them as an adult (male or female) is that it feels 10xs worse than when a child gets it. You get more spots, you feel more sick, and have the risk of ending up in the hospital. I was completely freaked out about this. Just make sure if he does get it, you put anti-itch cream. My pharmacist recommended non-steroid Sarna and it really did work. Make sure he doesn't scratch them because the risk of infection is high, just as in children. If he doesn't scratch them, he should be okay. If he gets a really high fever or really bad flu symptoms, get him to see a Dr. Also, this should have been said first but if you take him to get the vaccine now, even after he is exposed and within 24 hours of seeing any spots, it can reduce the outbreak. They may also give him antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection. Hopefully this helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->