Chickenpox and the 1st trimester?

babytots

Reaction score
My son has come out in what looks like Chicken pox. Now I think I had them as a child so I should be immune right? Is there a test the doctor can do to check immunity.

I can't risk losing this baby after all the heartache I went through before my sons I can't go through that again. x

Yes there is a blood test.

You should call your doctor ASAP though, I happen to not have the antibodies for chicken pox (I've had the vaccine and it didn't take!!) and when I was pregnant the last time, my son had been exposed at daycare, and my doc had told me that if my son showed spots, that I was to go to the hospital (within 72 hrs), and they would give me a special shot.

No no need to panic, most people (99%) have the antibodies, but it's worth a call because if they are going to do something it has to be very early :)

Good luck and I hope your DS is okay :)

Kim

You should be immune. I knew I had never had it and worried about it when pregnant last time. I was told i most likely would be immune as I could have had a mild case or just be a carrier so naturally immune. As it turned out, I had no antibodies, I never had it and cought it off my 1yo who had 3 spots over a 24hr period while I looked like a leper, lol!

I agree with the advice above, If you are worried go see the Dr but it is really rare not to have been exposed to it (like me ;) )

:hugs: x

Wow OMI here I thought I was the only weird one to not have the antibodies hahaha I've been exposed, and during my first pregnancy they tested me and were surprised that I didn't have them, so after I was done breastfeeding him, I got the vaccine and the booster. When I was pregnant with my second DS they said "oh you've had the vaccine, you're fine" I pushed to have the blood test and they were all floored that I still didn't have the antibodies...

You are right most people have the antibodies even if they think they've never had the chicken pox..

sorry you got it so bad!! :)

While most people would be immune after having it, not everyone carries the immunity their whole life. I had chicken pox when I was 5 and again when I was 26. Both were full blown chicken pox. Get yourself and your son checked. I hope you're both ok!

Thanks for the replies. I'll ring the doctors up and try and get an appointment for Wednesday when my doctor is next in. My girls had it when they were younger and I didn't catch it back then so fingers crossed I am immune. x

My cousin had it 3 times before shit hit 30 then she got the shingles. I've always thought once you got them that was it. Now I'm worried as I have NEVER had them and I have 2 kids in school this year :/ oh man.

Hoepfully your children will avoid getting them Ama. My eldest two got then when they were 4 and 3 so same age as what my son is now.

Wednesday can't come around quick enough so I can request a blood test. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->