child benifits UK girls....not good news

And the problem is, not everyone has a choice now, and that's people working who want the chance to be a sahm, or people who don't work not being able to afford to go back?!

I would leave my job in an instant to be a sahm to our little boy, but because of our financial position, and I mean
that in the sense of we have our own home, car etc not because of debt, I can't give up. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium for alot of people, which is a shame. :( xx

^^^ That is what I said though. The reality is that not everyone has the choice.

Just checking in this thread again after looking at it a few days ago and boy has it moved on! So I'm a bit behind but where there is chatter about feminism I want to be there!

Indy I totally agree with you about the choice issue and feminist as I would certainly consider myself I do think that the 'having it all' is too much pressure, we should be able to have what we want/need not have everything foisted upon us. Especially as working mums still do the majority of the housework as well as parenting and holding down a job...

I would love to be a SAHM but I'm the main earner so instead I have to miss out on much of my kiddies' lives. :cry: I have to bite my tongue not to think this is where my great education got me and I'd have been better off doing a meaningless job that didn't matter to me and didn't much pay so I could ditch it when the Mum time came. We don't even know if we'll ever be able to have any more children after this as DH might have to become a SAHD depending on how the childcare tax credits look in 2012 which will mean no possibility of maternity leave for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->