child benifits UK girls....not good news

chicken is crazy expensive, thats why I buy the 2 chickens for £7 in asda, I can make each whole chicken last 3 days for 2 adult

it is the price of corn that makes the chicken expensive :(

If only that were true. Only corn fed chickens are actually fed corn and you pay much more for them. They have very yellow skins so are visably different. Commercial meat birds are fed pellets designed to make them grow as fast as possible and gain as much muscle as possible. Meat birds that are intensively farmed cost pence to rear. :nope:

And maybe my driving lesson costs..... and petrol costs... and..... the cost of chicken 'cause I buy alot of chicken................ :rofl:

i know have you noticed the price of chiken in asda £7+ for a pack of 4 breasts, last week they rolled back to £6 i still think thats alot

Asda sell 2 whole chickens for £6. (admittedly not free range but for £6 chicken breasts aen't free ranhe either) So why not buy two while chickens and cut the breasts off and then use the rest of the chicken to make soups/casseroles etc?

i thought about that, but by the time i'd have tried to cut the meat off it probably wouldnt be edible, i do roast chickens though and then put the meat in the slow cooker and make curry

Everyone is paying back the debt that's what the VAT rise is meant to do.

Some people can just afford to pay back more than others, and I think if you and your OH are living apart so you have more money, that you're kind of out of order commenting on other people who are on benefits. Because quite clearly you and your OH are not entitled to that much childcare help.

Everyone does what they have to do, I know. You just can't go around judging other people when you're using it to suit you, too.

The VAT isnt going to clear up a hell of a lot of deficit thats why we are getting cuts. My OH has his own bills and we arent well off at all. I have sometimes nothing out of my wages after paying bills and all that comes with having a family.
We dont have 'more' money. If cuts are being made to childcare element, CB, and whatever else then what is being cut from benefits. We all have VAT to pay so why should that be it for benefits?
I have never said I dont get help I said I didnt get benefits and with that I meant JSA and income support. I have been in work since 16 and have never been out of a job.
If we are going to pay back the debt everyone has to do something and not just with VAT! There has to be more. Like I have said and will keep saying if the working are having to pay so should everyone.

Tax Credits are benefits. You're claiming more from the system than you pay into it, tbh. The system is helping you.

Yes I know but it wasnt about tax credits so I didnt say tax credits. I am not saying I dont get anything or I should get more I am saying that I have had to take a cut so if I have had to then so should everyone. Why does it just have to be working that have to pay back.
So we pay back VAT, Cuts to what help us work, CB which was a universal benefit and people on benefits such as JSA and income support only pay back VAT.
Do you see my point? Why is it the working are singled out every time.

No I do feel your pain, honestly. I just think you have said a lot of things in this thread that have contradicted yourself. (I know I'm guilty of that so many times before but I'm glad people pick up on it.) Not many people on benefits can afford to pay back into the system, and as frustrating and unfair as it is, I could easily give up my CB and Tax Credits and be... not fine, but able to live. There'd be food on the table still.

The problem with this country, IMO, is peoples desperate need to have everything they want right away. They never want to save for anything so they want to constantly have enough money to go out and buy an xbox.

I don't know anyone on benefits who can't afford to buy their children presents and take them for days out, but I wouldn't want them to not be able to afford that.

So from where I'm standing, my grass is green. I have somewhere to live, people who love me to live with, and if we have to struggle while the country sorts itself out then I'm going to be fine, and so will you.

I could sit here and tell you all the things in the system that piss me off, but it isn't going to make it better x

^WSS especially the bolded part. People don't care about money like they used to, they just want everything RIGHT NOW. Even though we earn a decent wage, eif I want a haircut or some new shoes we need to budget it in. Thats why we're not in loads of shit financially. Because we think about what we're spending.

This thread has left me feeling bad, not because of the benefits thing (I am a SAHM, my ex lives with us and supports us financially, I claim CTC and CB, I am lucky we can live like this and be friends, it works for us and I dont give a toss what any one else thinks to do with that) but because of the not trusting nursery's excuse stuff. I dont, I dont trust any one with Kaysie, and I am sorry if that makes me a truly awful person but I cant control it. It isnt that I think they will hurt her but more the fact that I think she will die if I am not there to protect her. Kaysie is always with me or her Dad, she has been left with my brother once and my sister once, in her lifetime (she is two years eight months), so you see I dont even trust my family, really. I wasnt like this with the older two, I had an assessment in September and he said it was because of losing Honey, and that I need counselling for it before she goes to Nursery/school (which I am still waiting for). So others may see that I am 'wrapping her in cotton wool', but I dont want this to be me or for her to miss out on things because of me, but as I said I cant control this, I wish I could.

I dont know, just feel as if everyone is saying oh dont judge me and my situation, but then judging others for theirs or things that may well be beyond their control :shrug:

You don't need to justify youself at ALL hun, everybody's situation is different!!! xxx

I just get annoyed because we pay so much into the system but I get no help when I want to start training to be a teacher. We have to pay for everything, including childcare I think!

Agree again!! I want to train to kick start my career again and I get bugger all. In order for my to qualify to the level I want to its going to cost me £16k. No government support, no benefits, nothing. I don't care usually because I don't expect things handed to me like that BUT it seems silly that when people qualify into better positions we can be paying more tax back into the country!! So eventually if you work out the amount of your grant and then the amount your salary would increase by & the tax you'd pay... itd be paid off again very quickly!! They don't seem to want to encourage people to better themselves at all. Only if mummy & daddy can afford to help you obviously. But I literally cannot pull £16k out of my arse, I wish I could would solve a lot of problems :rofl:

And maybe my driving lesson costs..... and petrol costs... and..... the cost of chicken 'cause I buy alot of chicken................ :rofl:

i know have you noticed the price of chiken in asda £7+ for a pack of 4 breasts, last week they rolled back to £6 i still think thats alot

Asda sell 2 whole chickens for £6. (admittedly not free range but for £6 chicken breasts aen't free ranhe either) So why not buy two while chickens and cut the breasts off and then use the rest of the chicken to make soups/casseroles etc?

i thought about that, but by the time i'd have tried to cut the meat off it probably wouldnt be edible, i do roast chickens though and then put the meat in the slow cooker and make curry

It's super easy to cut the breasts off a whole chicken. You just slide the knife along next to the breastbone and keep it close the the ribcage. It takes seconds, It's quite easy to bone a whole chicken too. You can probably find a 'tutorial' online somewhere.

chicken is crazy expensive, thats why I buy the 2 chickens for £7 in asda, I can make each whole chicken last 3 days for 2 adult

If only that were true. Only corn fed chickens are actually fed corn and you pay much more for them. They have very yellow skins so are visably different. Commercial meat birds are fed pellets designed to make them grow as fast as possible and gain as much muscle as possible. Meat birds that are intensively farmed cost pence to rear. :nope:

well thats it, since we are going OT now :winkwink: I just wanted to add that although i'm on a tight budget, cheap food is something i will not do. I need to know the animal has lived well, eaten well and killed well. :wacko: Ok back to benefits eh :thumbup:

well thats it, since we are going OT now :winkwink: I just wanted to add that although i'm on a tight budget, cheap food is something i will not do. I need to know the animal has lived well, eaten well and killed well. :wacko: Ok back to benefits eh :thumbup:

Me too, we are on a tight budget but eating well is important.

Love how this thread has gone lol, :rofl: bok bok..... cockle doodle dooooooooo

But it costing more doesn't mean any of that happens, unless you go to the farm where you buy your meat from (which you may do), nothing is for sure. Free range means they most likely had a better life, organic means no chemicals in their food but it doesn't mean that the food they were fed was any good for them, and neither of the above has any effect on whether or not they were killed humanly

Me too, we are on a tight budget but eating well is important.

Thats why we use lentils now in spag bol, curries etc so we can have nice meat but use less lol x

I dont really have time to comment on my opinion of SAHM's and benefits but will lossley say that I believe bringing children up to be well rounded and supported people with a strong sense of morals and values is a great service to society. I'm not saying by going to work we are neglecting to do so, but i am saying that when statistics of working mother went up, youth crime also rose in accordance. Like i said im not condemning any working mother to be neglectful but I think it's outragous that someone can condemn others for choosing to focus their energies on bringing up their child. It's all very well to say 'well i can do it' but people are different. Well done you, but do you suggest that someone without the same ability to juggle decides it is more appropriate to put their children last and work first?
Also in regards to 'ridiculous' excuses about not trusting nurseries. I for one do not trust nurserys due to knowing someone very close to me in my family who was sexually abused. For this reason, no. I do not trust strangers to spend hours on end with my son while he is uncapable of tellingme what has gone on, that may be unfair on nursery staff or whatever but i don't particularly care. I know what can happen in trusting strangers almost first hand and I choose not to take the risk with my child. I'm not judging anyone that does but my experience in watching the fallout of such an awful situation and seeing the hirt it causes everybody I cannot bear to even take a minor risk. My son will stay by my side or my mothers untill he is old enough for me to teach him to talk to me about everything, until then you can judge my reasoning for not trusting nurserys as ridiculous as you like. I don't care, but I do think maybe you should consider that the world is not always black and white.

(For the record I actually work part time in a bar when my mum can watch my LO and I use the rest of my time to do a home learning degree. However that isn't the point, i am very lucky to have the oppertunity to do both of those things and still stay with my son)

I regret leaving Harrison so young, but I don't regret working. Statistics can say what they like but that doesn't mean my child won't be well rounded, fair, or law abiding.

I'm doing the best I can for him, and statistics implying that a working parents child is more likely to be a criminal Is a little insulting to be honest...how can it be that a child from a hard working, focused, mostly better off family will raise criminals?? Who on earth made that study!

Kris this isn't aimed at you, merely the stats you quoted. :)

Can't say I know many criminals, but I highly doubt the majority come from a hard-working family.

"When statistics of working mother went up, youth crime also rose in accordance."

I have to wonder if the number of people on benefits rose, too?

^^ my point exactly. All the kids I know that hang around in street corners fighting and stealing are following in their families footsteps of doing the same. NOT saying that people on benefits do that, just that the bad families I know breed more bad kids.

Also... Criminals can come from any background at all. No one is "exempt" from it, if your parents work or not. I'm just talking about the people I know.

Google can't help me, so I'm hoping Kris can. I've never heard anything of the sort.

I cant fathom it to be honest... I mean, perhaps kids who are neglected are more likely... but neglect can occur when parents are home too.

Kids who are bored... but the same situation can occur when parents are home.

Kids who have no money.. that can happen to anyone. Depends on earnings and generosity of parents.

:shrug: Im drawing a blank here. Nothing is telling me "oh yeah, that would cause crime!" that only a working family would come across. Every reason i can think of are universal.

So, no i dont think kids of working mums are more likely to break the law. They are just as likely to as a kid who's mum is at home.. whatever they are doing.

I work FROM home some days... where do i fit in :lol:

Oh well, if I go to work my child might possibly nick a chocolate bar, but I'll be sane :lol:

I would go mental here all day while Caitlyn was at school tbh.

I haven't read everything ladies so i hope i'm not repeating anything!. I think your talking about "latch key kids". Basically means teens that come in from school to find no one home until 6ish so they can run riot "apparently"! And also because mums "have" to work full time they feel guilt that the child has been left for so long, so they let them do what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->