Children Ages 5-8

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
For those that have children in that age range, what are your children's favorite foods?

I have a 7 1/2 year old and her favourite meals are a roast dinner, spaghetti bolagnese with salad, and pizza x

My son is 7, bit of a poor eater really, is favs are spag bol, mac d's, cereal, toast, tom soup.

What are you childrens fav? are they good eaters?

I have a 5 and 6 year old .....

There ultimate fave is a Sunday dinner (DS likes chicken and DD likes beef tho)
They would also put Pasta, cereal, pancakes and of course pizza and chips at the top of there list :roll:

my 6 and 1/2 yr old is crazy mad about mince and potatoes. Thats her all time fav

My 6 year old just loves food!

He loves pasta, roast dinners, lasagne, and his favourite atm is steamed veg (any veg) with gravy!

my youngest is 4 and a half and hes the same! the only thing he dont eat is baked beans

Nicoles fave is a roast dinner. She also loves spag bol and mince and dumplings.
Her favourite fruit is kiwi fruit, she'd eat a full punnet if i let her!

My DS who turned 8 4 days ago, is obsessed with pepperoni pizza! And he loves cheesy beans on toast, roast dinners and lasagna.
My DD on the other hand, who turns 7 in 5 weeks, is seriously into prawns, paella, caesar salads.. she has a bit of a grown up taste, always has!

I babysat my cousins at that age.. they really liked:

- Enchiladas, made plain though - no spices, mild salsa (if any).. they just had black beans, corn, cheese, and tomatoes in them
- Raw veggies (cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, those little tomatoes {grape or cherry??}, celery)
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Peanut butter & banana sandwiches
- Pasta with plain tomato sauce (ie: Ragu)
- Chicken nuggets
- Ham

maddisons fave is:
macaroni cheese, pasta, sunday dinner pizza and obv chocolate lol

she absolutely hates tomatoes, onion, salad, strawberries and peppers.

h x

My son is 8 and he could live off of grilled chees sandwiches, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese annnnd, not much else, he's a poor eater!

My son is a great eater, i've always made sure of it :)

He loves:

My home made chilli and spag bol (he doesn't like jarred sauces)

My DB's homemade lasagne and macaroni cheese (West Indian style)

Veg, he prefers raw carrots but likes them cooked too. He likes Cabbage, peas, brocolli, cauliflower, sweetcorn, potatoes, cucumber. And used to like cherry toms, but says they make his "mouth itchy" so don't give him those anymore!

He also likes whole meal pasta and rice, chicken, fish, sausages and my Quorn products (I don't eat meat)

And he loves fruit!

Of course he also likes chicken nuggets, pizza and chips but he does not have them often.

He rarely drinks squash, it's water or apple/orange juice.

Some of the above healthy foods were difficult to get him to eat to begin with, but now he loves them!

And he gets choc and sweets as treats :)

My 6 year olds favourite foods are....

Pasta....any kind...cheesy, pesto, with prawns, bologneise etc

Home made chicken soup

roast dinners

mummy's special fried rice

and of course fish fingers too:rofl:

:happydance:

my eldest ( 8 ) loves sunday dinners and chicken in cream with pasta, my younger one (6) likes chicken korma or {sigh} fish fingers. Both love tuna mayo with pasta or jacket spud, or jacket spud with cheese :)

My son is 7 years old and he loves spaghetti and meat balls, pizza and chicken nuggets

I have a six year old who loves any kind of meat (and i'm a vegetarian lol) and she loves ice cream. But other than that she's very fussy

My daughter is nearly 8 and aside from the usual culprit - chocolate, she loves roast dinners, toad in the hole, spagbol and salad. She doesn't like pizza at all and just groans if we go to pizza hut lol, that really surprised me!

My 8 year old son loves a Roast dinner, Casseroles, curry's and Pizza when we go out to dinner he will always ask for "an adults 8oz steak- medium" lol....he doesn't enjoy anything sweet thou

My 6 year old daughter is a really good eater loves a roast dinner but will mainly eat the vegtables, loves salad, fish, and pasta and will devour our fruit bowl in a day... but she does have a slght addiction to chocolate!

Reading through everyones replies it seems the boys generally like the same things and the same with girls!

I have 3 kids that age range (5,6 & 8) they love a sunday roast, they love pizza & chips, spaghetti bolognese and hamwiches from iceland! xx

My 5yr old has a huge love of cabbage salad. Lots of different veggies, and he likes Raisen Bran cereal. And of course any and all junk food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->