Children and alcohol in their own home

I would never in a million years give a 5 year old an alcoholic drink however small. Infact I would wait until they were 14-16. Five years old seriously... why would you do that?

I personally think it helps them appreciate it more when they are older and not kick the arse out of it

A 5 year old does not understand the consequence of their actions, nor do they understand the concept of alcohol.

Neither do most teenagers or adults. How are they going to learn if you don't talk to them and explain it?

So if you lived in amsterdam - would it be ok to give a child a slice of space cake

Cannabis is a lot different to alcohol, you can't really enjoy a spliff or a bong with yor roast dinner

Exactly, so surely its like spiking them with alcohol?!?! They dont know what it does!! i think that law is stupid!!

It's not like spiking them at all as I wouldn't just give it to them with out explaining what it is. If they didn't like it I wouldn't force the issue until they asked to try it again.

It's not like I'm going to be dosing him up on drugs or making him breath in second hand smoke.

You cant explain to a 5 year old what alcohol is, and the detrimental affect it has, and what binge drinking is. They don't understand those concepts. You can tell them as much as you like, they wont have a clue what you're on about.

a spliff is great with a meal!

also at 5 no matter what u say a child wont understand and even when adults understand what booze can do it wont stop them!

Ok so at 5 years old if you tell a child that something is hot they are not going to understand it so whats the point in telling your children anything until they are 8-9 or even 10?

hot is completly different to alchol which is something that we dont need in life so why introduce it especialy so early its ridiculas

because as much as we don't need it alcohol is still a part of the society we live in.

Tbh my neice is 5 and she knows the affects of smoking and what it does to you!! so surely if someone explained to her what the affect of drinking is she would understand aswell?:shrug:

Ok so at 5 years old if you tell a child that something is hot they are not going to understand it so whats the point in telling your children anything until they are 8-9 or even 10?

Telling a child something is hot, and them feeling the heat from something is different from you telling them that they should drink alcohol moderately and not binge drink when they're older.

Alcohol is a poison, that is a fact. Introducing it to a underdeveloped, still growing body is never a good idea in any amount.

People who don't drink until they are 18 are not all binge drinkers as a rule. Saying you have to introduce your child as a 5 year old to alcohol to prevent them binge drinking is ludicrous.

a 5 year old will have no concept or understanding that what they drank 18 hours before is why they feel ill now, or that what looks like juice is actually not, and bad for them.

I personally wouldnt not give a 5 year old child alcohol. I think it is a stupid law. x

alcohol isnt a massive part of everyones lives so thats a false comment right there. i have afew mates who have never drank and dont plan on doing ranging from the age of 19-25.

the use of alcohol is basicaly just common sense so if u bring ur kids up right they will have the brain the make the right choices but in life we have to make mistakes to learn from them.

so tellin a 5 yr old isnt goin to stop then actin silly when they r older.

persoanly ive not read such rubbish in awhile

Tbh my neice is 5 and she knows the affects of smoking and what it does to you!! so surely if someone explained to her what the affect of drinking is she would understand aswell?:shrug:

I can understand that they know the effects of smoking but you wouldnt give her one to try .... so she doesnt need to try a drink to understand the risks of alcohol... xx

Telling a child something is hot, and them feeling the heat from something is different from you telling them that they should drink alcohol moderately and not binge drink when they're older.

Alcohol is a poison, that is a fact. Introducing it to a underdeveloped, still growing body is never a good idea in any amount.

People who don't drink until they are 18 are not all binge drinkers as a rule. Saying you have to introduce your child as a 5 year old to alcohol to prevent them binge drinking is ludicrous.

a 5 year old will have no concept or understanding that what they drank 18 hours before is why they feel ill now, or that what looks like juice is actually not, and bad for them.

The telling them to drink moderately is something that comes over time, it's not like I'm going to get him completely hammerd on his 5th birthday and I never once said you HAVE to introduce alcohol at an early age to stop them binge drinking in later life, I said I think it helps deter from the binge drinking attitude.

alcohol isnt a massive part of everyones lives so thats a false comment right there. i have afew mates who have never drank and dont plan on doing ranging from the age of 19-25.

the use of alcohol is basicaly just common sense so if u bring ur kids up right they will have the brain the make the right choices but in life we have to make mistakes to learn from them.

Yes that is a false comment, I never said it was a massive part of everyones life. I said it is a part of the society we live in. And if I'm completely honest I think the biggest load of crap I have read for a while was your comment about a spliff being great with a meal but hey who's complaining? :shrug:

Exactly, so surely its like spiking them with alcohol?!?! They dont know what it does!! i think that law is stupid!!

It's not like spiking them at all as I wouldn't just give it to them with out explaining what it is. If they didn't like it I wouldn't force the issue until they asked to try it again.

It's not like I'm going to be dosing him up on drugs or making him breath in second hand smoke.

But from the age of FIVE, come on!! hear what your saying!! How would you explain it to a 5 yr old?

i dont think a child of 5 needs to be scared like this anyway with the bad side of things in life they r innocent n i wana keep it that way while hes still a child, he can learn about the bad side of life when hes older

Very well put.

Yes that is a false comment, I never said it was a massive part of everyones life. I said it is a part of the society we live in. And if I'm completely honest I think the biggest load of crap I have read for a while was your comment about a spliff being great with a meal but hey who's complaining? :shrug:[/QUOTE]

u made a statement about splifs n i made a comment of experience not sayin i still do it my sons far too important to me.
like all bad things in life we dont have to try them to no they are bad or start young so we no how to use them right, its a stupid concept and i think its bad parenting to give a small child alcohol

In RL I think if a Mum started telling people she gave her 5 year old alcohol to teach them a lesson about binge drinking then social services would get involved.

You don't poison your children to make them aware of the dangers. You can effectively raise your children to understand right and wrong without harming them.

In RL I think if a Mum started telling people she gave her 5 year old alcohol to teach them a lesson about binge drinking then social services would get involved.

You don't poison your children to make them aware of the dangers. You can effectively raise your children to understand right and wrong without harming them.

You make it sound like I am going to force my son to drink alcohol. I would never force it on him and certainly wouldn't use it to "teach him a lesson about binge drinking" I am not a bad mother, I do my damned best by my son and will not have anyone tell me otherwise, especially people who don't know me or have not even made the effort to get to know me. I honestly thought people on here were happy to let other members have their own views. I was obviously wrong

So how would you introduce it to him then? You yourself said you would put it in his bottle. He simply wont wake up one day as a 5 year old and say he thinks he's ready to try some vodka. You yourself also said it's to help make them responsible when they're older, so they don't binge drink.

I said I think it helps deter from the binge drinking attitude.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own views but saying you'd put alcohol in your 5 year old juice is.....gobsmacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->