Children Given Bleach Water To Drink.... OMG

addie140910

Reaction score
https://www.woai.com/news/local/sto...ach-water-cleaner/0PWbnvbeYUaAKUUoZ8Cawg.cspx

This makes me sick. How can people , especially those who are being PAID to watch your children make such a horrible error...

The woman thought it was water... How can you not think that it is water and not bleach? Can you not smell the bleach?

The children who were given the bleach to drink are still attending the said daycare. I would be furious if someone gave my daughter bleach to drink and would take her from the child care facility and not taken her back.

moved over to news and debates :flow:

I can see how it happened, here in England we dont make up bleach solutions in jugs, we use dettol in a spray bottle which cant be mistaken for drinking water!

it was an accident, i dont believe someone purposely gave children bleach to drink.
The manager(S)/company are to blame ultimitely and changes need to be made to ensure it doesnt happen again. x

I can see how it happened, here in England we dont make up bleach solutions in jugs, we use dettol in a spray bottle which cant be mistaken for drinking water!

it was an accident, i dont believe someone purposely gave children bleach to drink.
The manager(S)/company are to blame ultimitely and changes need to be made to ensure it doesnt happen again. x

When I make bleach water typically I just make it in the sink, clean everything down and then drain it. I just honestly don't know how you couldn't have smelled it? I put 1 cap of bleach for my entire sink and the smell is strong enough that you know it is not just plain water.

I would assume the place smelt of bleach anyway, i hate the smell, it gives me a headache and i never use it but like i have said i can see how it happened, i think it was an honest accident, they shouldnt be making it up and storing it in the same jugs they use for drinking water, thats just stupid, but thats down to the managment/company. x

I used to work as a cleaner and it is a no-no to use bleach in professional cleaning anyway because of the potential for it to interract with other products, which can give off lethal toxic gases. Bleach can sit in drains and in the bottom of pipes long after you think it is rinsed away xx

I used to work as a cleaner and it is a no-no to use bleach in professional cleaning anyway because of the potential for it to interract with other products, which can give off lethal toxic gases. Bleach can sit in drains and in the bottom of pipes long after you think it is rinsed away xx

So can ammonia... : ) I know this from personal experience. My cat had been peeing down the drain and when I went to clean it (with bleach no less) I accidently made mustard gas. (I didn't know she had been peeing there until it happened.)

I don't think there is any excuse, tbh. It's a pretty lethal error. If you are working in a childcare setting, there should be steps and procedures with chemicals, and clearly, there wasn't, or they weren't followed. I am on my workplace Occupation Health and Safety Comittee, and this would have gotten people not only fired, but certainly, fined. I also, would not send my children back there.

So can ammonia... : ) I know this from personal experience. My cat had been peeing down the drain and when I went to clean it (with bleach no less) I accidently made mustard gas. (I didn't know she had been peeing there until it happened.)

Yes ammonia is one of the things bleach can react dangerously with, oxygen bleach and acid based cleaners are others. Xx

When I was going to do foster care (my husband and I) we had to take a class and were told that all chemicals (cleaners,etc) have to be placed in a child proof locked cabinet or at least 5 ft high (so the children cannot access them.)

I worked in a preschool where we didn't have hot water so we had to use diluted bleach solution. The bottles were all clearly labeled and we never stored it in jugs :wacko:. I don't know how this mistake could have happened and I would have pulled my child out of the daycare. It's inexcusable in my opinion.

That is horrible! I don't understand how someone could do something like that. If I had something like that happen to me then I would NEVER have my child got back there again, and I would warn others about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->