Chinese Accupuncture

Vonn -good luck with the transfer. Keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks, gingmg! Weird things are happening. I went on BCP on CD 3 back on Sept 26. I was on it for 17 days. Then, I started Lupron on CD 16 and am still on it. Pretty standard procedure, I believe. Despite being on both BCP and Lupron, and it being CD 31, I am about to ovulate. I have 2 follicles (25 and 18), one on each ovary. I can't f-ing believe it. I could barely get 2 follies when I was injecting stim meds and now against all odds (and medication) I magically produce 2.

I was supposed to transfer on Nov 2 (and prior to that Aug 26 and prior to that May 21. . .). Now, I'm looking at Thanksgiving time. I just can't believe every time I start to get close something pops up. It is really hard to stay positive, but I'm trying. I've signed up for a Qi breathing class to help get zen through all this craziness.

gingmg--hope you're well. How's parenting going?

Briss--how is the cycle coming? Getting back to normal yet?

Oh Von, wow. So sorry it always feels like something. Maybe some cosmic force is at work and your baby is picking his or her time to be born. Not sure exactly what I believe in but sometimes it's comforting to at least think there is a reason when things don't work out how you were planning. What is that Qi breathing class like? Do you like it? I participated in a mind body group when I was TTC and I did find it helpful in helping me to feel calmer, look at things differently, and overall just feel better.

I'm ok. I lost my grandmother a few weeks ago so that has been tough but its ok. I'm going in the morning to have my labs drawn to start the process of our FET. I still think we are a couple months away from actually doing it, but it does feel kinda exciting in any case.

Any recommendations on things to do to encourage a good, thick, healthy lining?

Vonn- I was thinking of my last post to you and I didn't in any mean to trivialize this for you. I know it's beyond frustrating and heartbreaking to keep getting put off when you have your heart and mind set on something. I think I've just been feeling reflective lately and trying to find meaning in things. I have no doubts you will find your way to mommy hood . I used to tell myself "it's not IF, just WHEN." xx

gingmg--I am so sorry about your grandmother. It's never easy to lose someone dear to us, even if s/he lived a long life, so take care. Exciting news about upcoming FET, can't wait to see it work for you!

No worries & no apology needed. It's good to have a voice of postivity/calm/not looking on the negative side of things in this process. That's part of what I love about BnB. I appreciate your interest and support! I have the Qi breathing class tonight, it's just one class for an hour and a half. I'll let you know if I learn any awesome tips.

RE: lining--Do you know you have lining problems and you are ptrying to be proactive leading up to FET? I looked into this at one because I thought I had a really crappy lining because my AF is so short/light. Turns out I don't have lining issues, just clotty AF which means flow is lighter. Anyway, I added rasp leaf tea (also just for overall hormone balancing), pomegranate juice, yoga poses like legs up the wall to stim blood flow, and some abdominal massage for the same reason.

AFM--even though the ultrasound showed all systems a-go for ovulation, my LH level was not very high, indicating ov was not imminent. Yesterday my nurse called and told me to take one shot of PIO to get a big surge of progesterone, which, when followed by a major drop in progesterone level, should induce AF. We chickened out last night and couldn't do it. I have been calling all the clinics I go to to try and get in to have a nurse do it/help us the first time. Call...wait for someone to call back...they have to ask someone else, so wait...then they have to call back...then transfer me a different location...repeat...gahhhhh!!!

Did you get someone to give you the PIO shot? I never had to do that one, I bet that needle is intimidating.

I think my lining is okay, just trying to think ahead.

Vonn-are you doing your FET soon? I saw your other post in the AC section about antibiotics. What did you decide? I just had my appointment yesterday to talk about my FET and that's not part of my protocol. I hope everything is on track to transfer soon for you.

Hi, Ging! I started to take them, in large part because my DH doesn't have the same apprehension and was feeling very uncomfortable with me taking the chance of infection. I had messaged my nurse with a bunch of questions and she got back to me saying I shouldn't bother with them, so I stopped. i don't think there's a problem with taking a couple and not the whole course (thus creating antibiotic resistance) since there wasn't actually an infection to treat. A couple days later I went to my integrative primary care dr I love and she was like, "Don't take those things unless you absolutely have to." Of course, I just started some new meds and one on the list is cleocin, another antibiotic. I didn't start it. I've checked in with the nurse about it, but she hasn't gotten back to me.

My transfer is next Tuesday. Woo hoo!! DH and I are turning it into a cross-country road trip. We will leave Saturday morning. First stop: Detroit. Second stop: Niagara Falls.

Ging--How are things with you? Gearing up for an FET anytime soon?

Briss--how are you doing? Has your cycle normalized at all? Any word on doing a natural IVF while still breastfeeding?

Vonn, Niagara Falls sounds dreamy :) I'd love to see it. re AB, i actually think it's a good idea for both partners to take a short 2 week course of AB at the start of a cycle. there could be lots of infections that can prevent conception but no one can test for everything. this is something i was going to do when I found out i was pregnant.I'd do it now but can't cos of BF.

we started our natural IVF cycle, had my first scan on day 9 and things looked OK but a bit uncertain. however, we had an honest discussion with DH this morning cos I have been very concerned about sperm situation and he finally admitted that he has been drinking excessively and is also worried about going through IVF now. we will probably have another scan and SA tomorrow but i think we both feel it would be wiser to put it off until January to give it some time to work on sperm situation. have mixed feelings at the moment. wasting two more cycles does not appeal to me but having gone through mc makes me worried about sperm/egg quality. but then there is no guarantee his SA will be any better in January.

Von- glad you decided something you are comfortable with. Tues is sooo soon! And then off to niagra falls sounds nice!

Briss-Sorry to hear that your DH has been drinking again. Has he had any recent SA, maybe it's not as bad as you think? If the SA looks ok tomorrow will you still move forward this cycle?

really annoyed with my clinic, they did not respond to my day 9 results, i chased but there were no further instructions. I repeated bloods on day 11 and my LH is way too high so the surge is started and I am most likely going to ovulate on Monday so should have triggered today for EC Monday. we will see what fertility monitor says tomorrow but this cycle is a miss. there is a small part of me that feels relieved actually because of our sperm situation. My Dh was drinking a lot on my first IVF and it ended in chemical. I actually think we were lucky that time it could have been worse. feel deflated cos i was hoping to start in September and now it looks like Jan. also not happy with my oestrogen levels, much lower than usual (which could explain lack of sex drive after birth) but this may indicate not brilliant egg quality. i just hope this is temporary. I'll do another scan on day 12 just to see whether there is a dominant follicle ready to ovulate to have a better picture of my cycle. we should also get DH's SA results tomorrow so we should know what we are dealing with.

Briss--it's exciting that you guys are starting again! But, of course that means the start of all the stress of ttc and working with a clinic far away. Lack of prompt communication is my chief complaint with my clinic. It drives me bonkers when I don't get responses. I hope the SA comes back better than what you might expect. Sorry for the lost cycle.

Ging--Anything happening on your front? Besides your crazy, busy life with a little one?

AFM--we have made it to Syracuse! Stopped in Detroit and in Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls was fun, but it has been really cold. And some snow to contend with on the drive today after crossing back into the US. Counted 8 cars in the ditch and one semi. Turns out when you are driving halfway across the country, it takes your mind off of what you are driving to do. I haven't been thinking about the transfer all that much, but now I am getting nervous and excited! How will I be able to sleep tonight??? Tomorrow morning we transfer one 4AA embie. It was REALLY hard to decide between one and two. I'm still not certain, but the decision is made and that is that. No regrets.

vonn, I'm keeping erything crossed for your transfer to go well. lots of baby dust, best of luck!!

Thanks, ladies! Everything went really well. Had acu before and after, which was nice. I got a little teary at one point (during acu) just thinking about finally getting to this point, but overall I was totally calm. DH got a little more stressed out with some nerves. I have my blood hcg test on Dec 1st. I'm not sure yet if I'll test early.

Congratulations Vonn on being PUPO! Hope you find some nice ways to spend this time.

So happy you have got to this stage Vonn. I'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks xxx

Hello ladies

Not sure if you will remember me but i just wanted to pop on and say how happy i am to see that Vonn is PUPO. I have kept up with this thread and a couple of others on BnB but rarely post nowadays.

Vonn - i have everything crossed for you and will keep my eyes peeled for your updates x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->