Chinese Accupuncture

I'm so sorry to hear this. I wonder if your doctor will say the same? Maybe your doctor will have a different view on what is and is not ok to proceed with? I bet it feels like it's one thing after another after another. If you do have to wait I hope the time passes quickly.

Vonn, I am very sorry, so gutted for you. Did they do the test on day 4? could the debris be just your lining coming off cos you have AF? with regards to polyp it's really hard to see sometimes, the lining could be uneven and this may create an impression of a polyp. Could you get second opinion? although I do agree that considering the cost of DE cycle you really want your lining to be perfect to maximise your chances.

Jazzbird, you can do AMH here for 90 https://www.thepathlab.co.uk, they usually send you the results within 2 hours. i used this place a lot when I had my IVFs.

I am struggling with my cycle, my LP stays at 11-12 days :( not good. i need it back to 13/14 days before I can do my natural IVF.

gingmg, you are right re french book, the more I read the more I realise that it must involve a lot of crying, people just do not make a big deal out of it. I know this is not something I can do, my baby won't stop crying, she does not know how, once she starts it escalates very quickly and can get really bad unless I works out how to stop it. i simply won't be able to do any kind go controlled crying/sleep training. French do seem think babies need to be able to cope on their own and there is a lot of waiting that starts from early on.if babies cry they let them work out their issues on their own before rushing in to help. I did a little waiting but it did no good. my daughter initially cried than tuned hysterical but after a couple of tries she started turning hysterical almost immediately, If I delay by 10-15 seconds to attend to her crying she escalates into hysteric and it is harder to settle her.

Thanks for the support, ladies. My IVF clinic also looked at the saline sono results (done on CD 3, by which time AF is basically over, just spotting) and said it is possibly a polyp and because of that they don't want to move forward. They agree that I should have the hysteroscopy. They weren't as sure about the "debris," said that could be old lining, but the polyp was enough to stop me for moving ahead.

The donor will still start stimming, though. They aren't going to hold her up anymore. This means DH will either have to ship a sample or fly out there on retrieval day and provide a fresh sample. We will decide this tonight. Estimated retrieval day for the donor is Sept 2. They will fertilize the eggs and freeze any embies that make it.

My surgery is August 26. We will have to see about how long we wait to do the FET (provided there are embies to freeze), that hasn't been decided yet. Depends on how the healing goes and if we want to wait for my cycle to come back on its own, or go on bcp to shut everything down. That would allow us to move forward more quickly. I don't want to get ahead of myself, there are A LOT of what ifs in the above scenario.

Thanks, gingmg! The surgery went fine. I feel good. The Dr says it was residual stuff leftover from the surgery from last year. Because they don't want to dig too deep and cause scarring, she thinks the Dr last year didn't quite get the whole polyp/fibroid out. I had a monitored IUI cycle last December with multiple ultrasounds and two ultrasounds in May, and no one noticed this before. Not sure if it's because it didn't show up or if no one else was as conscientious as this Dr. I'm glad it's all out now. The Dr. that did the surgery said to wait one complete cycle before the FET cycle. My IVF nurse said she'll have me start Lupron on day 21 of my next cycle. I'm CD12, so hopefully this cycle stays on track and doesn't go all wacky.

How's everyone else doing?

I'm glad everything went ok and that it is all sorted out now. You know how some people have an endometrial scratch before their cycle? I wonder if having this surgery will act in the same way, I bet it would. Hope you can find things to do to enjoy this time and stay busy. It's such a nice time of year weather wise.

Gingmg--I had asked about an endometrial scratch, and didn't get a really straight answer back as to whether the surgery basically amounts to one or not. I think it sorta does. . . but I'm also waiting one cycle longer before FET (hopefully), so I'm unsure if that means the repair response has already played out or if there might still be some benefit. Thanks for thinking of this!

AFM--donor's ultrasound was good yesterday, she has a final one tomorrow to confirm, then retrieval on Friday (so long as things still look good on Wednesday). DH is getting nervous about his part. I was super obsessive yesterday checking the message portal waiting to hear about the ultrasound. I asked the nurse to let us know the results yesterday, but she didn't respond until this morning. First thing, at least, before we were even up. They really know how to make you crazy! I can't imagine what I nervous nelly I will be waiting on fertilization/embryo growth reports. Yikes! :wacko:

Hope everyone is well. :flower:

I think I'm going to start taking co Q 10 again for egg health in case we have to start over with ivf. I forgot which one to take and how much?

Gingmg--I was prescribed CoQ10 by my GP, so I was taking it for overall cell/mitochondria health. I think early on I was taking 400 of the ubiquinol. When I read about it helping fertility, I increased the dose to 600 of ubiquinol daily--that's ubiquinol, not ubiquinone. Ubiquinol is the more concentrated form that's more readily bio-available. And more expensive. I'm back down to about 200 a day; sometimes I take 400, but generally it's 200 for overall health. Do you have some eggs or embryos remaining that you aren't sure will thaw, or why might you have to do IVF all over again? Sorry, I can't recall.

How's the cycle, Briss? Returning to normal yet?

AFM--just heard from the clinic lab about fertilization. They collected 7 eggs and 6 successfully fertilized. YAY! :happydance: (They recently changed from offering 5-7 eggs to now offering a flat 6 eggs, but I think they grandfathered us in and gave us all 7. At least that's what I am assuming.) We are beyond thrilled! Starting with what could be a small number, I was nervous about how many would get past the first hurdle. I know we still have the torturous wait until day 3 (Tuesday) and then day 5 (Thursday), but we can at least breathe easy about fertilization. I actually haven't been as anxious and nervous as I thought I would be, so that's good.

DH just kept saying "Wow" when I told him over the phone. He was in shock, in a good way. Of course, he hasn't done as much research and doesn't have a support resource like BnB, so he said he was hoping for 1 to make it. Silly boy, if we only had 1 fertilize using a 24 yr old's eggs, that would be a very bad sign. I've talked with him about fertilization & growth rates, but some of it goes in one ear & out the other. Poor guy is hanging out in NYC with a pounding migraine. We just got off the phone because he said he was going to look for someplace to throw up. He only gets 1 or 2 migraines a year, so he's refused to go to the Dr about it to try meds. Maybe now he will if it ruins a vacation day in a city he loves.

One other thing...DH saw the donor. I don't know if she showed up late or what, but he said she was in line behind him checking in and when she checked in, they took her right back. I would hope the clinic would actively try to avoid that from happening. I will ask our nurse about it. He thought she didn't seem to recognize who he might be, but that the woman with her who waited in the waiting room after she went in was eyeing him up. I was very curious about her, but he didn't want to share much aside from she was "normal looking." He felt super uncomfortable on the ethics front and wished he hadn't seen her.

Sorry for the long post! Writing about all this is apparently therapeutic for me. . . :wacko: I hope everyone's having a great weekend! And to those in the US, happy Labor Day. Hope you don't have to labor on it.

Vonn- great news! I hope all is still well with your embryos. Is today day 3? I hope you get good news today. It's so hard to wait. Hang in there! Must have been weird for your husband to see the donor, I hope you both are feeling better about that now.

I agree and waiting to hear day 3 results Vonn. Hoping those embies are doing their thing and growing :happydance:

Thanks for your interest, gingmg and ps! Here's the update:

We FINALLY heard from someone and got a day 3 update today, on day 4. I was so irritated. Didn't hear from anyone yesterday, despite leaving voicemails and portal messages with both our nurse and the embryology lab. :growlmad: A receptionist did look at our file and give me a little info right at the end of the day, though she couldn't explain it. She said we have:
2 -- at grade 4
2 -- at grade 3
2 -- at grade 2
I researched online and every site I looked at said "1" was the best and "4" was the worst. I also read the number of cells in each was just as important, and I didn't get that info. We weren't sure what to think. DH went from really pumped when I told him all 6 were still going to downright dejected when I told him what I thought the grading meant. Thank goodness someone from the lab just called. She said they use "4" as the best and "1" as the worst, so it looks better now!! She also said all 6 were between 6-9 cells, which is what they want. This is a much better scenario than what I was thinking! I think we have a legitimate chance at getting 4 blasts. They will freeze ones tomorrow that make it to blast/expanded blast, and there may be some that need to go to day 6 to get there. We probably won't have a final count until Friday. :coffee:

Great news Vonn! Hang in there, I know this wait is a killer. Almost there! Sending good energy to your embies to grow grow grow!

Update for Day 5: So far 5 out of 6 have been frozen and the 6th is still growing & hopefully will be frozen tomorrow. I am thrilled! And relieved! :happydance: Here's what we have so far:
4AA -- excellent
4AA -- excellent
4BC -- good
3AB -- fair
3AC -- fair

vonn; fantastic news I'm so happy for you. how many are you going to transfer?

Vonn- that's fantastic!! As long as they are normal embryos even lesser grades can become healthy babies, these are great results!!

Embryo #6 made it to freeze as a 4AC, so we have 2 excellent, 2 good, 2 fair. I am so glad we have multiple tries, it takes a little of the pressure off me. Now we just wait for AF so we can plan the cycle.

Briss--I think we plan to transfer two. No hard decision made yet, and we will listen to the Dr's recommendations, but that's what we have been leaning towards. Twins is scary, but so is the thought of starting all this back up again to try for a second. I am completely torn and go back and forth about it. :wacko:

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->