Chinese Gender Calendar?

FaithnHope41

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Hubby and I have decided NOT to find out the sex of our baby as this will be our 3rd and probably the last, and we want it to be a surprise. DH has such a big feeling that it's a girl this time (we have two handsome boys, 4 and 5), my gut of course says boy because I always joke about how we only know how to make boys. lol Anyway, DH texted me the other day and said every Chinese gender calendar he looked at says we should have a girl. Does anyone swear by the Chinese Gender Calendar? Is there any science behind it? I guess now I am curious :) Just curious if anyone has actually had accurate results from this!!

-Curious mommy :)

I’m wondering the same! I have a 3 year old boy, and my husbands family haven’t had a girl born into the family in over 90 years so I’m interested to know whether it’s going to be right as the calendar says girl for me too lol x

1st baby - girl
Chinese calendar said boy

2nd baby - boy
Chinese calendar said girl

This pregnancy said boy but I'm adamant it's a girl!

So I think it's a pile of shit hahaha

The chart I did yesterday was right for my other two. I put the information in from their pregnancy and it was right. Put info in for this one and it said girl. We’re not finding out but everyone except me and my dd think it’s a boy. She and I think it’s a girl.

1st baby - girl
Chinese calendar said boy

2nd baby - boy
Chinese calendar said girl

This pregnancy said boy but I'm adamant it's a girl!

So I think it's a pile of shit hahaha
Bahaha! I would say so in that case! :lol:

I need to see what it says about my first two!

I’m wondering the same! I have a 3 year old boy, and my husbands family haven’t had a girl born into the family in over 90 years so I’m interested to know whether it’s going to be right as the calendar says girl for me too lol x
Oh wow! 90 years?! Your family is sure deserving of a girl! <3

It's so weird that it goes by your age and month you conceived. I said to DH, surely not every single woman my age who conceived in the month of february is going to have a girl lol

Oh wow! 90 years?! Your family is sure deserving of a girl! <3

It's so weird that it goes by your age and month you conceived. I said to DH, surely not every single woman my age who conceived in the month of february is going to have a girl lol

That is exactly what I thought! Theres quite a few people who conceived In February that I know of, 3 of them are my age and surely we wont all have the same gender baby hahaha

So with DS it said boy and he was a boy but with DD is said boy and she was a girl
Its saying girl this time but it will probably be a boy hahaha.
I've done the baking soda gender test and it fizzed like beer indicating a boy result.
HB is fast so that indicates a girl so I havent got a clue hahaha.

I'm going to have a privet gender scan at 16 weeks and find out. Hubby is convinced I'm having a boy. But everyone else is saying girl so we shall see. It's so exciting.
I have my dating scan on Tuesday and I'm hoping they get a good profile pic because sometimes u can tell the sex using the skull theory.
Saw baby briefly on a scan yesterday but it wasnt a baby scan so I only got to see baby for a few seconds.

Oh I did the ring test as well. And that said girl.
My DD who is 6 really wants a sister but my DS wants a brother hahaha.

I don't believe in stuff like that anyway but did do it out of curiosity and it was wrong for both of mine. :shrug:

It was definitely right for our second which is a girl, our first is questionable with the dates being so close. We had a boy though and this time it’s saying boy and I think my husband wants to find out as this will probably be our last unless God’s plans are different!

It was wrong for all 4 of my pregnancies, last pregnancy being twins.

It always baffles me how it goes on mothers ages and month considering it's the dad that ultimately determines the sex of baby lol x
YES!!! lol That's what gets me too. And my DH only knows how to make boys! :lol:

it was accurate for my two girls but not for my son.

1st baby calendar said girl and it was right

2nd baby and this pregnancy calendar said boy and their also girls.

So I “should” have had 1 girl and 2 boys but I’ve got 2 girls and this baby is also a girl :)

I saw the accuracy was reported on the website I tried and said 50% accurate. So it's as accurate as any random guess. haha Still fun to try though, mine said girl and that's what I think it will be.

Mine was correct for both my dds

It says boy this time around but I'm convinced it's another girl. I'm staying team yellow so only time will tell

I saw the accuracy was reported on the website I tried and said 50% accurate. So it's as accurate as any random guess. haha Still fun to try though, mine said girl and that's what I think it will be.

That what makes me chuckle!! Of course its going to be 50% accurate, it's only 2 genders to choose from and half the time they could guess right hahaha its such a crazy pile of poop

I know it probably doesn't make any difference in the accuracy but:
1. The month you conceived should be according to the Lunar calendar. We did it in March but it was the second lunar month = February.
2. Mom's age needs to be counted in the traditional way: when a baby is born it's already 1 year old and then each birthday one year is added, and also, with each new calendar year you're already a year older (if that makes sense). So, I was born Sept 1986 but according to the traditional calculating, I'm 34 years old right now.

I know it probably doesn't make any difference in the accuracy but:
1. The month you conceived should be according to the Lunar calendar. We did it in March but it was the second lunar month = February.
2. Mom's age needs to be counted in the traditional way: when a baby is born it's already 1 year old and then each birthday one year is added, and also, with each new calendar year you're already a year older (if that makes sense). So, I was born Sept 1986 but according to the traditional calculating, I'm 34 years old right now.

That is waaaaaay to much thinking for a Sunday morning hahaha I knew there was more to it than just your standard age and month you conceived, being Chinese I guessed there was more logic behind it than it let on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->