Choice of 3 Prams - Help me decide

katiekins2011

Reaction score
We really can't make up our minds on which pram to get the bump.

I was going to get the icandy peach but a couple of people have put me off it. I still like it but have looked at a few others as well.

So I have narrowed it down to 3:

1. icandy peach
2. obaby Zynergi Condor 6S
3. Baby Style Oyster

Would anyone recommend or not recommend any of these prams to try and help us narrow it down a bit. We were wanting to order it this weekend.

Thanks

what did the people say about the peach? this is my fourth baby and I have the peach its lighter than any pram I have had in the past the carricot isnt bulky i can fold the chasis with just one hand and carry it on my shoulder& push and control the pram with one hand whilst walking my daog at the same time all essential reasons for me as more often than not my oh wont be around as he works long hours, we love the fact that the handle can extend for us tall people so we dont stoop as we push the buggy but equally can be made smaller for shorter people. The peach can also be converted into a double if yr going to have more children in the future.
The only downside of the peach is the cost, I would be interested in the negative comments on the peach as everyone I have spoken to seems to love it and those that have seen it want one:)
As to yr other choices the obay is a better one via cost as is the baby style oyster, the only thing I would say a pram is personal people can say what they like as what works for them wont work for you anyway so long as you have tried out every pram accounted for space in yr car when folded (the peach and we have tried this we have a people carrier and with all 7 seats in used the chasis fold down small enough to fit on the floor behind the drivers seat and not encrouch on any other passengers foot space and the carrycot fits in the small boot space remaining I would assume that most small cars would have more boot space left than we have with 7 in our car!) though more often than not our combined family wont all be together at the same time so i will have loads of boot space but on the times when we wont we will still be able to take the pram chasis and carrycot with us. Try them all out in person and decide from there good luck xx

If say out if those the iCandy peach. I've had a look at the lots of prams and just love the icandy's. I'm getting the cherry as need something fairly small and light plus it's a little cheaper. But the whole iCandy range is brill and I think they are the best. X

Id say icandy peach too it looks fab and is easy to push etc.. the only negative thing that I have heard about it is that the chassis marks easily.. Its the one Im going for I just love it x

Id say icandy peach too it looks fab and is easy to push etc.. the only negative thing that I have heard about it is that the chassis marks easily.. Its the one Im going for I just love it x

lol tbh i have has a silver cross graco britax and mothercare in the past and in my experience all chasis mark and at least the chasis is silver on the icandy range, i have had black and brown chasis in the past that get scratched up within 5 mins of use and can be clearly seen as all messed up, and when you go back to the manufactorur (i used to have loads of time on my hands lol and stuff like that upset me, sad but true:) and was always told the same wear and tear is to be expected! xx

If thats the only negative wear and tear cant be helped so I am even more pleased with the icandy range, tbh i loved them all i only chose the peach for the handle height and I could fold it easier than the cherry on my first try xx

lol tbh i have has a silver cross graco britax and mothercare in the past and in my experience all chasis mark and at least the chasis is silver on the icandy range, i have had black and brown chasis in the past that get scratched up within 5 mins of use and can be clearly seen as all messed up, and when you go back to the manufactorur (i used to have loads of time on my hands lol and stuff like that upset me, sad but true:) and was always told the same wear and tear is to be expected! xx

If thats the only negative wear and tear cant be helped so I am even more pleased with the icandy range, tbh i loved them all i only chose the peach for the handle height and I could fold it easier than the cherry on my first try xx

Yeah Ive had the same with my last pushchair, ur always going to get the wear and tear I think thats y its not affected my decision in buying it.. My friend is very picky tho and likes to point out the bad in everything anyway lol.. theyre bringing out a peach special edition soon thats lovely with black chassis and white with black sketches on the carrycot and stroller part Id love to have that but not sure if it will be out in time x

I HATE THE OYSTER i went and looked at one for my lo who was 9 months ans small in size she STRUGGLED to fit in the MAIN seat unit as the back of the seat and hood is low horrible she didnt look right in it at all

Yeah Ive had the same with my last pushchair, ur always going to get the wear and tear I think thats y its not affected my decision in buying it.. My friend is very picky tho and likes to point out the bad in everything anyway lol.. theyre bringing out a peach special edition soon thats lovely with black chassis and white with black sketches on the carrycot and stroller part Id love to have that but not sure if it will be out in time x

when is yr baby due? the only thing I can say is if yr having a summer baby then I hope it has more white than black as the darker colours absorb the heat making it hot for bubs, I had a multi patterned dark silver cross for dd and she was born in June and she seemed to get over heated all the time, for dd2 i bought a lighter coloured pram and a seperate double buggy for days when her sister had to do more walking than any 13 month old can reasonably be expected to do, for my ds he was December so dark green for him, lol and red and orange for this little man xx

Thanks for all your comments.

I went to one show and they said the Icandy was great (i went with my mum), so i took my OH last weekend to look at it in another shop closer to where we live. In the shop this weekend they said that "every season there is an in pram, this season its the icandy. It's not worth the money and you can get very similar prams at half the cost".

So that is what has really put me off. I don't mind about paying that much for a pram but after speaking to the people in the second shop I felt like a bit stupid wanting to pay that much for something they were saying wasn't worth it.

Which is why i then ended up looking at other prams and found the Oyster and teh Obaby one. The Oyster carry cot seemed quite low down (i'm pretty tall nearly 6ft) but the people in the shop said that i could get an adaptor for a few pounds that lifted it up a bit.

So I really don't know what to do.

Sorry I meant shop not show!

Due in May so have been told I need to get a move on with picking a pram!!

I have the peach. I had it for my daughter and am using it in double mode, even with a 3 yr old and an 18 month old in it it still pushes lke a dream and is light! I am using it again for this baby i just need to get carrycots for it. My vote goes with the icandy. I've had the apple which is just as good but heavier but the peach well i cant find fault with it. out of 5 previous children this is the only one i have kept for over a yr and that i am reusing!!! xxx

I think icandy is becoming more popular definately.. it depends on why you like the icandy I think..whether its because its the 'in' one at the minute or if you like the look of it.. I saw my friends and fell in love with it.. I looked around at other prams but nothing matched up to it in my eyes so I can justify spending the money on it x

Thanks for all your comments.

I went to one show and they said the Icandy was great (i went with my mum), so i took my OH last weekend to look at it in another shop closer to where we live. In the shop this weekend they said that "every season there is an in pram, this season its the icandy. It's not worth the money and you can get very similar prams at half the cost".

So that is what has really put me off. I don't mind about paying that much for a pram but after speaking to the people in the second shop I felt like a bit stupid wanting to pay that much for something they were saying wasn't worth it.

Which is why i then ended up looking at other prams and found the Oyster and teh Obaby one. The Oyster carry cot seemed quite low down (i'm pretty tall nearly 6ft) but the people in the shop said that i could get an adaptor for a few pounds that lifted it up a bit.

So I really don't know what to do.

everyone I have spoken to mainly got a good deal when buying the icandy and tbh i went to loads of pram stores and no one said that about the icandy to me and the cherry pear andd apple have been out for a fey years the cherry is much the same but a lot cheaper, than the peach and i got a £270 discount on the peach, the only reason we didnt go for the cheaper cherry was that my oh and i are both tall i am 6ft and his 6ft 2 so i was particularly looking for a pram that i wouldnt get back ache when pushing and there were some lovely more expensive prams than the one we chose that I would of loved but I think the £500 pound mark is the most I was prepared to spend this time though with my first pram for my dd1 I spent over £800, each to their own, I wouldnt take a shop's view on a pram or sales person I would read the reviews and try the pram out and go from their, the pram you choose will be yrs, if the icandy is the latest in pram and knowing where i live is very designer and trendy with about 30,000 people here i have seen an icandy cherry once and thats it, happy hunting xx

I had a good look into the icandy peach and I'm uber fussy about making sure it does everything and I think it looks brilliant. I haven't heard one person who owns one have any problems with it. I would get that one as you know the quality will be good.
The only reason we didn't opt for it in the end is we need something better off road and I like to have something a little different (they're quite common where I live), but they're obviously popular for a reason!
Another plus is, when you've finished with it, they always have good re-sale value.
xxxx

If you dont mind having a second hand pram i got my i candy peach off ebay! only used for 4 months and then sold and i got a real bargain, perfect condition! I bought a new matress for the carry cot and had it steam cleaned and its like new, saved a fortune!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->