Cholestasis for more than 1 pregnancy?

mrsjk

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy. With my first, I developed cholestasis late in pregnancy and had to be induced at 38 weeks as soon as it was confirmed.

Has anyone had cholestasis for one pregnancy and not for another?

When is the soonest you begin testing?

TIA!

I had it last pregnancy and unfortunately have it again this pregnancy but was told although the chance of having it again was higher it's not a definate. I'm not sure where you are but in the UK the first blood test they will do to check is normally around 16 weeks but that's only really if your showing symptoms as it usually starts in third tri. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who skips it this time! Good luck :)

My mum had it in her 1st pregnancy but not her other two.

Thank you ladies!!!

With my last pregnancy we found out when I was 37+6 and I was induced the next day, so I just want to take precaution and start testing earlier this time.

Maryanne1987 - were you induced with your last pregnancy? How many weeks were you? Are you being induced this time? Happy & Healthy Pregnancy to you!

Thank you ladies!!!

With my last pregnancy we found out when I was 37+6 and I was induced the next day, so I just want to take precaution and start testing earlier this time.

Maryanne1987 - were you induced with your last pregnancy? How many weeks were you? Are you being induced this time? Happy & Healthy Pregnancy to you!

Mine wasn't found till 38+3 last time, was due to be induced the next day at 38+4 but went into labour naturally that afternoon. I find out Friday if I'm going to be induced this time, but it's looking likely as im on blood thinning injections as well. I'm keen not to be induced but as long as baba arrives safely I guess that's the main thing. Happy healthy nine months to you too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->