Choosing names with OH

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
We are really feeling this one could be a girl and DH wants to use the name Jace would have had if he was a girl. I feel like new baby, new name though! I am sad we don't get to write lists, discuss names etc as it's already chosen lol

I feel it should be a mutual decision, as its not just about your OH... you're also part of this and in fact doing a very huge part of it. I don't think he should get to choose.... I think you both should mutually agree on the name and keep thinking of names until you do!

Even if you decide to go for the same name then you need to write lists and check it's still 'the one'. And he needs to at least show an open mind to other names....because that's the most fun part about being pregnant!

PS I think I need to read things more closely because I read it about 5 times thinking you meant you were going to call the next baby Jace. I was trying to think of a tactful way to say that your OH is totally bonkers if he wants two children called the same thing.

x

Lol no we had a boy and a girl name picked b4 finding out!
Jace Riley
Zoe Mckenzie
And he turned out a boy, so hubby thinks the girl name still stays in top position if we have a girl.

I know there's still heaps of time to decide though but it's fun to talk about and he won't! Maybe after gender scan he will though.

Lol no we had a boy and a girl name picked b4 finding out!
Jace Riley
Zoe Mckenzie
And he turned out a boy, so hubby thinks the girl name still stays in top position if we have a girl.

I know there's still heaps of time to decide though but it's fun to talk about and he won't! Maybe after gender scan he will though.

It really was my fave pregnancy related task. Can't remember when we decided on Joni, it was about 16 weeks I think. And after that I wanted to carry on looking just-in-case but OH wouldn't and I was very disappointed! Every day I tried calling my bump something different to see what stuck, and he told me off! They just don't get it.

Definitely should be a mutual decision. I have always loved (and still do) Emma for a girl but hubby has refused point blank so ive had to let it go.

We've picked a name for our little lady jointly now which feels better x

Jace must be popular this year we have friends having a boy pick that name out!!

In had a list of names on are laptop had been there for weeks so he could add or remove names he was not keen on but I texed him yeasterday (he is working away this week ) the name I likes including middle names lol and he was like ok i like it haha so that is are little girl got a name rather than bump all the time but we are keeping her name a secret till she is born :) xx we told family it was a girl we are having :) xx

I had had a girl name that I adore picked out for years, but really struggled with finding a boy name. When we found out it was a boy, it took a month to decide on a name for him. I will 100% be using my girl name if baby 2 is a girl! To me, I feel like I already know her and have named her even though she wasn't the one that decided to be sent to us this time.

I had had a girl name that I adore picked out for years, but really struggled with finding a boy name. When we found out it was a boy, it took a month to decide on a name for him. I will 100% be using my girl name if baby 2 is a girl! To me, I feel like I already know her and have named her even though she wasn't the one that decided to be sent to us this time.

That's exactly how I feel about my girl name. I really would be screwed if I ended up with more than one girl because I have no other name in mind for a girl. Just this one, and it means a whole lot of me despite having a boy.

The name we've picked for this baby wasn't even on the shortlist with our first. I still liked some of the other names we considered for our first but I wanted to choose this baby's name 'from scratch' even if we'd ultimately gone for one we considered last time.

When I was pregnant with DS, I really wanted a little girl and had a name chosen almost straight away - I didn't even look at or consider any others. When we found out we were team blue, I was still happy but told myself I would be using my girl name....one day lol!

As soon as we found out we were team pink this time, I told DH there was no need to discuss the name as it was chosen. All through our pregnancy I have been calling her this name and then last weekend I just changed my mind and think we are going with something else. It's very similar to the original name but just seems a little prettier iykwim. I think I have had the first name in my mind for so long, I just got bored of it and DH did too.

I would keep offering your DH some alternatives and hopefully one will stand out for him! If not, you can always play the 'I carried her for 9 months so I will choose her name' card?

X

I love the name Jace and the name Zoe... Will you go with Zoe?

I have a Chloe. And DH wanted our 2nd daughter to be Zoe, but I couldn't stand them rhyming and I loved Ella... So we put it together and got Zoela (Zo Ella). Which I really love and we call her "Z".

Now, I'm on the 3rd girl. :rofl: I really like Rylin Louise. But DH doesn't like how Rylin sounds... SO, I hope I can sell it because I don't like any other name.

My DD Madison doesn't have a middle name for this reason!!

There are only 2 other girls names we considered Quinn and Holly - I didn't want to use either in case the next one was/is a girl! I really don't like any others (enough)!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->