Christening/party help please-ideas, food, decorations etc

topsy

Reaction score
Hey

wasn't sure if to put this here or in the baby club bit.. but figure the same info would be needed for party parties, so settled on here :flower:

LO is getting christened at end sep :) unfortunately several family members have put a damper on this for who we have chosen as god parents and the date we chose But hohum! I am determined to try and make the best day for LO.

We have the church booked for a 10 am service, and a hall (about 10 mins drive away booked for after). we are doing our own food ( purley to TRY and keep cost down!) for around 60-70 people argh! ( about 10 children) the hall has a bar so no need to worry about drinks phew :wacko:

We have to clear up the hall at the end, so have got loads of plain white and blue table clothes, so we can just collect up everything at the end and bin them. Have 100 each paper plates, spoons, bowls ect.

Where is the best bits to get food from? I am thinking of ordering 10 sandwiches platters from sainsbury's that works out to £110 ( my uncle is picking them up the morning of the christen :)) I have never done anything like this so have no idea where to start.Please help?

also decorations I have some christening banners from the card factory and some balloons, any other ideas, the hall is part dark wood, so wanted to brighten it up a bit? Was thinking about ordering a canister of helium, but not sure, anyone done this, will the balloons stay up for 5-6 hours???

Any ideas would truly be welcome, what have you guys done for parties on a smaller or bigger scale?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

xxxxxxxx

Hi, with my last LO instead of sandwiches i got a Massive joint of Beef and a Ham from the butchers- worked out about £60 and there was loads left at end (had about 60 guests) after we had cooked them the butcher told us to take it back and he put them through his slicer. We then got some nice breads from Morrisons to go with it.

We had friends offer to help so one did the trifles, one did a Caesar salad and a greek salad, another did a potato salad, a coleslaw and a waldorf salad. And then we cooked up sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, chicken nuggets etc at home. We had bowls of crisps and dips, prawns, little fairy cakes for the kids, chocolate fingers etc, and then some Gateaux and Eclairs etc for the sweets to go with the trifle. Cant remember what else but asda etc doloads of frozen party stuff- mini spring rolls, pizzas etc, they always go down well.

Decorations- ebay is brill, we got personalised banners with their photos and name on, sparkly confetti for the tables, balloons- i would recommend do on the day, we did ours night before n most were half deflated lol xx

I went to Aldi to cater LO's first birthday, everything was cheap, cheerful and got eaten :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->