christening...

I have no idea, sorry, but I'm going to hijack your thread and add to it. :blush: Do the godparents have to be Catholic if you're christening your LO under the Catholic religion?

Hiya, it all depends on the church and the vicar. I've had both my children christened in different churches and haven't had to attend church before hand (but i did go once so i knew what the church looked like).

My cousin lives in a different area to us and has got to attend church for 3 months before!

So i'd ring your local church to find out. A christening is free. We had to share my sons christening with two other families but for my daughter it was just us.

Also i'm pretty sure that the godparents have to have been christened and they do like at least one to be confirmed, although none of our childrens god parents are.
Usually its 2 men and a woman for a boy and 2 women and a man for a girl. My 2 have each got 4 godparents but i did have to ask.

Sorry no idea about catholic religion.

Hi!
Some churches will ask you to attend for a couple of weeks before the christening,some won't.
And Lady,again that depends on how strict your church is.Only one of Ophelia's godparents have actually been christened but our church doesnt seem to mind!
xxxxx

thnx everyone,
its just not as straight forward as i thought lol x

It all depends on the church. Some are stricter than others.

Our church wanted us to attend 2 sunday services before the christening... just me the OH & our daughter.

Some like the godparents to attend too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->