Christian ladies TTC needing prayer and positive thoughts!

I got my BFP a couple of days ago! <3 If you girls could please pray for our LO to stay snug in there for the entire 9 months it would be much appreciated <3

I got my BFP a couple of days ago! <3 If you girls could please pray for our LO to stay snug in there for the entire 9 months it would be much appreciated <3

Congrats!!! In your sig it says you've been trying since April 2011, what's your story? How'd you get that bfp? Any tips?

Franco,
we started TTC in April 2011, started charting in June 2011, and started OPKs in November of 2011. Everything pointed to normal so I wasn't worried at that point. But I started getting discouraged as we reached a year of TTC, then I got my first BFP! It was very short lived, though, and the tests never got darker and faded before my period was due: A chemical pregnancy. I was devastated but glad to find out that I could at least conceive. So I had some hope.

3 months later I was getting discouraged again, SO sure it wasn't our month again (felt AF'ish and had spotting), but tested and got my BFP! I was elated! This time the tests got darker, period went on by without a hint, and everything seemed to be going well. At about 6 weeks though I started spotting every day (single incident), and after a week it turned into light period flow bleeding. I had 2 ultrasounds the week it started bleeding and both showed a healthy baby (healthy heartbeat) and everything looked good except the bleeding. A few days after the last ultrasound the bleeding got heavier and I started having miscarriage cramps (waves every so often). I knew at that point and was devastated once again. We lost that baby at 7w 4d and baby measured ahead a couple of days even.

7 months later it hadn't happened yet and we were nearing 2 years of trying, so I went ahead and made an infertility appointment. They tested my hormones, gave me an ultrasound, did a SA on DH, and did an HSG on me on CD 7 of this cycle. The results were my tubes and uterus were perfect and open, but I have PCOS, so they put me on Metformin. DH has a lower than average count and his morphology was low as well. I really didn't think it would happen this month because I wasn't able to 100% verify my O date and it was later than usual, but 11 days later BOOM BFP! <3

When we got the BFP in July last year I had been taking lots of herbs/supplements to help my fertility. I was taking Maca Root, Dong Quai, Evening Primrose Oil, a baby aspirin, and a prenatal vitamin. I put DH on Fertility Blend for Men in June of last year and Maca Root every day (about 2000 mg a day). He quit taking them after I got pregnant, so he hadn't taken them since the miscarriage in August. When we found out he had issues, he went right back on the Fertility Blend for men and the Maca Root. He even doubled up the dosage (you can do that with the Fertility Blend for the first month or so for faster results). I was taking my Metformin, baby aspirin, and 2000 mg of Maca root every day :) I honestly can't say exactly what did it, it could be a combo of things (supplements for him, meds for me, HSG, etc.). Whatever the case this baby is our little miracle <3 :)

HTH :) Good luck!

I also want to add that with my history of miscarriage, I called my doctor right away as soon as I found out and she put me on progesterone suppositories to hopefully help this baby stick! :)

Thanks for the info, I'm super happy for you - even though I don't know you - and it's encouraging to hear from someone who had to actually try for a while. Seriously, everyone I know seems to have gotten pregnant immediately except for one friend who went through IVF, and I'd really like to not have to go that route (I'm sure she would have as well). This is my 11th cycle ttc and I am expecting af tomorrow. I'm fresh out of hope for this cycle. I'm making an appt with an RE in July when it will have been a full year. I've had some preliminary tests and hubby had an SA, everything has been normal. I think the next step is the hsg which makes me nervous because they inject "radioactive" dye into your uterus... seems not so good! And I'm so paranoid about ANYTHING now that could make me infertile.

Did you go to an RE or your OBGYN?

I'm assuming things are so far so good for you and I'm asking God (right now) to make this one sticky and bless you with a healthy baby!

Thanks for the info, I'm super happy for you - even though I don't know you - and it's encouraging to hear from someone who had to actually try for a while. Seriously, everyone I know seems to have gotten pregnant immediately except for one friend who went through IVF, and I'd really like to not have to go that route (I'm sure she would have as well). This is my 11th cycle ttc and I am expecting af tomorrow. I'm fresh out of hope for this cycle. I'm making an appt with an RE in July when it will have been a full year. I've had some preliminary tests and hubby had an SA, everything has been normal. I think the next step is the hsg which makes me nervous because they inject "radioactive" dye into your uterus... seems not so good! And I'm so paranoid about ANYTHING now that could make me infertile.

Did you go to an RE or your OBGYN?

I'm assuming things are so far so good for you and I'm asking God (right now) to make this one sticky and bless you with a healthy baby!

No problem and thanks so much Franco <3 I'm glad I can bring encouragement. It definitely took us awhile the first time, and, again, the second time (let's face it, 8 months is still quite awhile, especially when you are thrown back to square one after trying over a year and finally achieving pregnancy). If it doesn't happen for you soon I believe the RE is a great step for you to take. And at least you are ahead of the game in that you've had some preliminary tests done already <3 Honestly the HSG wasn't too bad and I've heard it can actually make you more fertile for the first 3 months or so (I've actually known several girls who got pregnant the month of their HSG and I did too). I have confidence it will happen for you soon! <3 and will be praying for it!

I went to my OBGYN to get the testing done. :) they have been amazing so far and I can't wait to use them for prenatal care now (first appointment is in 2 weeks!).

And thank you SO much for the prayers! <3 I'm giving this little bean to God and trusting HIM to take care of him/her and keep him/her safe <3 :hugs:

sorry ive been MIA ladies!

the chemical really messed with my emotions so I took this month off! Well mostly anyways.. I haven't temped, opk, check cervix, check cm.. nothing at all just bd when we felt like it and hope for the best!

I'm in my tww now (I believe) this past week I've felt my body temp up. I've been trying that long that I can tell these things which is kind of sad to me. Plus my cycle days run right along with the day of the month this time so its easy to keep track of what cd i'm on! today i'm cd23! So I could be anywhere from 3-7 dpo!

How is everyone else doing?

I was wondering about you guys too! I recently had an HSG which was normal. Of course it's a relief, but it's one more thing adding to the frustration of not seeing a bfp. I have an appointment with an RE when we get back from vacation in July and I'm hoping the vacay will be lucky.

Currently 7dpo and Lord knows we were "busy" enough this month that I think we hit our window! I pray every day that God would bless me with a healthy pregnancy and I know he can answer prayer, but I also know that sometimes he doesn't. I'm just kind of confused and sad.

aww.. i know how you feel hun! i'm there constantly!

but good news though. i have read that a lot of women get their bfp right after having the hsg done! so praying that you are one of those women!

aww.. i know how you feel hun! i'm there constantly!

but good news though. i have read that a lot of women get their bfp right after having the hsg done! so praying that you are one of those women!

Yeah, there's a slightly higher chance after an HSG but I don't know if that's if your tubes were blocked and the HSG cleared them (mine were not blocked). I'm of course hoping I'll get lucky like that too, but also trying not to put too much stock in the HSG factor.

How are you? At least the chemical tells you that you can get pregnant! I know it's small consolation.

I know what you mean! but I read that even if you tubes aren't blocked the hsg can still open them up better or something like that. I hope it works for you!

that is what I keep trying to tell myself, but I had one at 5 weeks in October after like 14 months ttc and it took until april to get pregnant again and this one didn't even make it to 4 weeks. So in some ways it helps me realize that things are working, but also makes me wonder if theres another issue..

So sorry about your chemical! Praying that God comforts you in all the right ways and gives you a baby soon!

I originally joined this thread because my AF had been missing for 3 months. It finally showed up on CD89. But nothing since...currently on CD43. Please pray that everything will normalize soon! It's hard to TTC when you aren't even having a cycle!

Would you guys make an appointment with a doctor at this point? Off BCP since December...only 2 periods since then.

So sorry about your chemical! Praying that God comforts you in all the right ways and gives you a baby soon!

I originally joined this thread because my AF had been missing for 3 months. It finally showed up on CD89. But nothing since...currently on CD43. Please pray that everything will normalize soon! It's hard to TTC when you aren't even having a cycle!

Would you guys make an appointment with a doctor at this point? Off BCP since December...only 2 periods since then.

Thanks hun! i'm trying to take the positive from it and learn from it.

I would def. make an appointment. They can usually give you something to help bring on your period and then I would definitely ask to try clomid. If you aren't having a period that means you aren't ovulating. Clomid will help you ovulate. My doctor told me at like my very first appointment that if the issue is simply not ovulating that is an issue that can be worked with. Your chances go up tremendously just by taking clomid to help you ovulate.

Good luck and i'll say a prayer for you!

Yes, I would see the doc too. If you're like me and want to avoid medications as much as possible, there are natural therapies that can help you regulate your cycle. I've heard maca root is good but never tried it myself or done much research since long cycles are not my issue. If you have a good doc they will listen and give you some ideas. If they tell you not to worry and to just keep trying then I think it's time to find a new doc.

Yes, I would see the doc too. If you're like me and want to avoid medications as much as possible, there are natural therapies that can help you regulate your cycle. I've heard maca root is good but never tried it myself or done much research since long cycles are not my issue. If you have a good doc they will listen and give you some ideas. If they tell you not to worry and to just keep trying then I think it's time to find a new doc.

yes there are natural therapies out there! Soy Isoflavens is supposed to be very similar to Clomid.

Thank you everyone! I am going on vacation next week and have decided to see my doc if still nothing by then. Hopefully we can get things in motion!

have fun on your vacation! keep us updated with what the doctor says if you have to go that route!

Thank you everyone! I am going on vacation next week and have decided to see my doc if still nothing by then. Hopefully we can get things in motion!

I'm trying that tactic too. I actually have an RE appt scheduled for a few days after we get back from vacation in July. I'm hoping I'll just be able to cancel it. :) Good luck to you!

I had an HSG done in April, the cycle I got pregnant! <3 And my tubes were not blocked, the doctor said it was a "textbook" HSG.

Also wanted to add that I was taking Soy Isoflavones too (2nd cycle). Can't really say what exactly did it or if it was a mix of things but couldn't hurt.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I had an HSG done in April, the cycle I got pregnant! <3 And my tubes were not blocked, the doctor said it was a "textbook" HSG.

Also wanted to add that I was taking Soy Isoflavones too (2nd cycle). Can't really say what exactly did it or if it was a mix of things but couldn't hurt.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Congrats to you! I don't think the HSG is going to do the trick for me, I really think I'm out this month.

Franco, don't give up hope. I've heard it can increase your fertility for the first 3 months, so even if this month isn't it, hopefully next month will be! <3

And thanks <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->