Christian Momma's?

Thanks so much girls!
I'm defo working on it. ;)

Hope your all keeping well!!! X

hey ladies. i've just discovered this thread and wondered whether i could join?
i've been a Christian for about 6 years and am very excited about bringing our child up to know God. DH isn't a Christian (yet!) which can make things hard sometimes. He's the most amazing husband though, super supportive, and we're so excited about this baby. Getting pregnant was something of a miracle too as the doctor had said it almost certainly wouldn't happen without medical intervention, yet we got pregnant almost as soon as we started trying! God clearly has a plan for us!

welcome albs!!! Dh and i prayed your DH gets saved very soon :flower: when i got saved 4 1/2 yrs ago, my DH wasnt a christian either. i remember praying and crying so much for him. it took about a year, but im soooo glad his eyes were openned. God has a good plan for your family, keep your faith strong!!!!

huge congrats on your new blessing :cloud9:

Welcome to the board, and congrats Albs!!

Hey Albs! Glad to see you over here too! It is so amazing to think about life from the perspective that God created that little one! He is truly wonderful!

thanks for the welcome guys!

and peacelikeariv, you're right, it is amazing to think that God created this little wriggler inside me, and He already knows what he/she is going to be like.

i've had a tough time of it so far, especially early on when i ended up in hospital and was told there was only a 50% chance of the baby being ok. i don't know how i could have gotten through it on my own but i just kept focussing on Jeremiah 29:11, God has everything under control, and I need to remind myself daily of that fact.

and when i feel myself slipping into worry i put this song on really, really loud and belt it out, especially the line 'i never, ever have to be afraid.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_jrjd2agU

i seriously don't know how people do life without Jesus on their side!

albs, I don't know how people do it either. I think back at the days when I was on the fence and I was so miserable and little things made me upset. With Him I can get through anything and he just carries me through everything.

Yep. I feel the same way! Its just incredible the Joy He can give in even the hardest of times!

I just want to say thank you to all the people that answered my post from a few weeks back. I'm pleased to say that without even talking to the FOB about this he has asked me to marry him. :happydance:

It will also be in church which he agreed to without any arguments (!) The only problem is we might not be able to do it before the baby arrives because he is not allowed leave from the army, however it will be very soon after and we are already looking at somewhere to live together.

Oh and another thing, what are regulations on lent and pregnancy?

I heard that pregnant women are exempt from giving up something or fasting and I was wondering what everyone else will be doing about this?

Congratulations!! That is so wonderful!! :happydance: I'm so happy to hear that! I wish you the best!

When it comes to fasting our church always says "of course f you're breastfeeding or pregnant don't do it, be sensible". Lent isn't a full on fasting thing, some people choose not to eat certain things that aren't good for them. But it doesn't say in the bible "you must give up something for lent", we choose to do so to remember Jesus' time in the desert, and we do that for the 40 days before Easter.

I've found myself in a routine of watching rubbish on tele, so i'm wanting to give up that time this year for lent and plan to spend that time more constructively doing something God is pleased with :)

A few years ago I stopped giving things up and started taking something up for lent.

Congratulations Nightshade! So happy for you :-D

Churches in Cambodia don't celebrate Lent (I work in a very international Christian school and only the British kids have ever heard of it!) so I've only just cottoned on to the fact it's Pancake day today. Guess what I've been craving ever since seeing a friend's Facebook status...

You could always go down the giving up one food type route, but then there's so much that pregnant women should and shouldn't eat that that's probably not going to be much use! I've heard of fasting time - either to spend extra time praying, or to volunteer for something. Or you could try to set some kind of Bible reading goal to complete between now and Easter.

Still not sure what, if anything, I'm going to do this year. Guess I have 6 hours to decide!

Oh and another thing, what are regulations on lent and pregnancy?

I heard that pregnant women are exempt from giving up something or fasting and I was wondering what everyone else will be doing about this?

Although I myself am not catholic, I work in a catholic school and am very close friends with a VERY strong catholic who basically knows her books backwards and forwards. She told me that pregnancy is exempt from the lenten fast, and I think she might have said that pregnant women are exempt from the fast before mass, as you would be if you are ill and needed to eat. If this is wrong, its probably because I heard it wrong!

hey ladies,

hope your all ok. we have had a weird week. in the UK you get a 12 week scan with the option of downs syndrome testing. The scan measures the babies neck and then some hormones in my blood.

It comes back as either high risk ( risk being 1:2 to 1:149) , low risk (1:151 to 1:30000 and onwards).

i came back as being perfectly borderline at 1:150.at my age / weight they expect you to be at the highest 1:9000. So we are pretty shocked to say the least.

The hospital said the babies measurement looked normal but my hormones were so high they went off the charts. I am (bloody typically) only one of three women in 6 years to have the HCG hormone so high. everything else was fine but my hcg was 5.1 MoM which as i have since found in research is literally off the scale.

sooo after a few days thinking and praying we ave decided NOT to pay for private testing or get a amnio / cvs.

The rate of miscarriage is just to high and although it would rock us a baby with downs syndrome is still our baby. I keep flitting between praying the baby is healthy to feeling guilty that i dont want a ds child. Its such a head mess.

we have a scan at 16 weeks and one at 20 which will give us a clearer picture as the babys facial structure will be more obvious.

anyhoo i am on here less and less at the moment but your all in my thoughts

please pray for me to be strong and follow Jesus through this.

xxx

Praying for you and hubby, Happy, You will be strong in what the Lord gives you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->