Christian Momma's?

Happyh29, I know it’s hard when test results come back at a borderline risk. Praying for a healthy baby is excellent. Also, pray that the Lord will give you strength to handle what is to come. Remember these are just screenings, when you go for 20 weeks, they may be able to tell you more about your babies health. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

happyh29 - praying all is well with your baby. remember a 1:150 chance means you're still more than 99% likely to have a healthy baby. they're great odds. and with jesus, there's nothing you can't handle.

i had my 20 week scan yesterday (2 weeks late as they cancelled our original appointment).

we're having a boy which is so exciting. everything came back great except one of his kidneys was quite enlarged. we'll have to go back for more scans to check on it. apparently it's not exactly common, but it's not rare, esp in boys and can often correct itself before birth or soon after. however, there is the chance that it could be something more ominous, there could be something seriously wrong with his kidneys, or it could be a marker for downs (although i'm hoping that's unlikely as my 12 week screening came back at 1:40000).

i'm normally a huge worrier but i think i'm coping quite well and haven't stressed out about it. dh even commented on how cool i was being. i think it helps that kidneys come in pairs - it's like having your own back up. my grandad only ever had one and it never caused him any problems.

anyway, i'm praying that the swelling has gone by the next scan. i've had so many medical problems over the years, i don't want my boy to start his life with something wrong!

just have to start thinking of names now!!

Albs,

this EXACT same situation happened to a colleuge only 3 moths ago. they had numerous scans all of which indicated problems with the kidney.

After birth it took three months for the scans for them to be told that babys can keep growing internally at a amazing rate. And all was perfect.

I have total belief the same will happen to you.

i have made my peace with our boarderline results. Only special people have special babies and if we have a child with downs i know its all part of Jesus' plan

xxx

Happy, it's so refreshing to hear you say that! I don't know how many threads are on this board about weeping and crying, mad, etc because their baby MIGHT have Down's....I guess that's why we all lean on Jesus, he gives us that strength :hugs:

Albs, I'll send a prayer that the kidney isn't a problem.

Albs, It’s good to hear you are handling the news well. You’ve got peace about it and that’s good. I pray that your little one is healthy.

Happyh29, Great attitude!

hi all,
wondering if I can join you?
I'm pregnant with first baby, after over a year and a half of "leaving it up to God" in the contraception department, me and Husband had started to think it was never going to happen for us. I was doing a job I thought I prob wasn't meant to be in but was very slow to listen to Gods prompting-handed in my notice and next month I'm pregnant! PTL!
a little bit of stress about money now though bec now job-hunting or looking for temporary work till baby comes but I have faith that God will provide and that his timing is perfect.
God is good..all the time and all the time...God is good!

Welcome to the board, and congrats Fleebie!! Yes, God is good. We just need to LISTEN better! LOL

I am SO THANKFUL this morning. We've had some ups and downs with dh getting on unemployment for the past few months. And it's finally happened!!! wooohoo...thank you Lord.

welcome fleebie!!!! faith in the Lord is all you need, He will supply! :flower:

yay dorian!!! He is worthy of our praise!

:sad1:no sooner have I joined than I am asking for prayer!
stupidly forgot I was pregnant briefly earlier and jumped up and leaned my weight over kitchen counter (to reach something on other side of the bar) and put lots of pressure just over my mini bump-it was sore so obviously I realised and stopped but since then it's been a bit sore.
phoned oncall MW who says take paracetamol and rest and that it's unlikely I've done anything to baba but to phone back if pain gets worse or any bleeding.
I feel really bad that I forgot and that I might have done any harm.
if you ladies could add me to your prayers I would be so grateful! trying to not stress about it but kicking myself for stupid mistake! :sad1:

fleebie dont worry you will be fine, babies are soooo resilient.

but i will put a prayer in for you as well :)

welcome to the forum x

as happyh says, i'm sure everything will be ok. dh sat on me the other day without thinking, and he's a big boy! i was so worried until i felt baby kicking again. now bub's back to his usual aerobics on my bladder. but will send a prayer anyway, i know how horrid it is to be worried.

:happydance: Thanks ladies, tummy a lot less sore now and think I might have felt baby move for first time last night, just a kight swish over lower belly -not sure so waiting to see if I feel it again, but was so happy and thankful to think it probably was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->