Christmas and New Year Baby Buddies!!

I'm thinking Girl, DH thinks Boy. I've put the 1st Jan for my sweepstake. I would like baby to arrive before christmas but if not then new year would be good.

So far I've been really lucky. Getting a few aches the last few days but I think that's from decorating.

Trying not to buy too much, Friend is lending us a bassinet, my SIL gave us a car seat, we are getting a cot from Ikea. I'm going around in circles with the stroller. I think I've decided then change my mind. There is a new stroller out which I want to look at but there isn't anywhere that stocks it yet. Fortunately my MIL has offered to buy it for us.

Our main thing is decorating and sorting. We're getting there but it's very daunting. CAn't believe you are moving. Are you moving far?

Hello ladies :wave:

Lol @ all the crazy baby dreams i'm always having weird dreams but they are mainly about my DD and not this baby, some of my dreams have just been so freaky since being pregnant!

I'm betting on having a 2013 baby for sure, i went 10 days over last time and dont think i'll be lucky to go on time.

Bean i also worked until 37 weeks but then i sat behind a desk all day :dohh: This time i dont get a break! :laugh2:
re. the cot, we got the mothercare bedside cot when it was on offer and i had some money off codes too so got that at about 17 weeks.
Converting one is a good idea too. We have a wooden edge around our bed so i already have a big foam wedge to go down the other side so it will be flush with our mattress.

How are all the bumps coming along, share some pics ladies!!

Hey Heidi :wave: How much was the mother care cot? Hadn't thought about voucher codes.

Yep I thinking I'll be having a NY baby but I have heard of lots of ladies having their babies early. You never know! So exciting! I wonder which of us will drop first?

Here are my 26 and 27week bump pictures. I think I look smaller in my 27week pic?! 26 week pic on the left with the longer sleeves.

I wish I could work for longer but just don't think I'll manage. Need to be able to reach my patients. :haha:

Attachments

• 26WeekBump.jpg
    26WeekBump.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 27Week Bump.jpg
    27Week Bump.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2
lovely photos, looks like baby might have moved position or some thing because there's not so much of baby at the top in the 2nd photo.

I cant remember the exact price as we got the mattress and a couple of other things with it, but it was in the sale with i think £50 off and then they had a 20% discount code on orders over £100 so worked out allot cheaper! They have sales on all the time though.

In my head im thinking things will go pretty much the same as my labour did before (minus the CS if possible!!) but i know each labour can be different so there is hope for me yet :laugh2: i would love to go early.

My 26 week photo, will do a 27 week tomorrow :D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/dirrtynasty/SAM_6524_zpsa9df9f35.jpg

Lovely bump Heidi.

You have everychance of a vbac. I'm reading Ina mays guide to childbirth. A little 'fluffy' in places, esp 1 section but really helping me get into the right frame of mind.

Thanks bean. Im going to get a vbac hypnobirthing cd soon in hope that it helps the hospital are all up for my vbac so fingers crossed x

Thanks bean. Im going to get a vbac hypnobirthing cd soon in hope that it helps the hospital are all up for my vbac so fingers crossed x

That's great. I have just started reading the Maggie Howell Effective birth preparation book, it's great. I'm also reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It's a bit 'fluffy'in places but great at explaining why/how our bodies were designed for childbirth.

you guys look great in your pictures how exciting!!!

Bean66- Cute so does that mean you have more girls' names picked out than boys'? I have like 5 girly names but no boy names set in stone yet. :haha:
That's awesome that you're getting stuff from friends and family! :thumbup: OH's mom also offered to buy us the stroller I guess it's a mom thing. :) It seems like there is so much to get done and it'd all be fine and dandy if we were given an exact date but baby can come whenever in December and January it's nerve racking! :dohh: lol
The thing about moving is we're not exactly sure where to yet! OH wants to watch the market for a bit to see if any nice properties come up to buy but I'm losing my mind wanting to have things all set up and organized like NOW! lol

Bean66- Cute so does that mean you have more girls' names picked out than boys'? I have like 5 girly names but no boy names set in stone yet. :haha:
That's awesome that you're getting stuff from friends and family! :thumbup: OH's mom also offered to buy us the stroller I guess it's a mom thing. :) It seems like there is so much to get done and it'd all be fine and dandy if we were given an exact date but baby can come whenever in December and January it's nerve racking! :dohh: lol
The thing about moving is we're not exactly sure where to yet! OH wants to watch the market for a bit to see if any nice properties come up to buy but I'm losing my mind wanting to have things all set up and organized like NOW! lol

Wow you are thinking of buying a place before the birth? NOt sure which country you are in but buying is blooming stressful. Don't think I could do it when heavily pregnant or with a newborn. It took us 4 months from out offer being accepted and actually moving in. Saying that, lots of people do it.

Actually I've had a girls name since before I was pregnant. :blush: It's the only thing giving me a slight preference. I keep thinking I'll chicken out of using it but know I'd regret it if I did. Boy's names we have 2 or 3 options but still looking.

I wish we could have a set date, life would be easier but it's just not meant to be. Maybe that's a good thing?! I've meant to have done stuff this afternoon but been watching TV and gaffing on the internet instead. Oops!

Yeah I think it's traditional for the grandparents to buy stroller and cot.

YaY!! for the third trimester :) 10-12 more weeks... very exciting!

How are u all doing?? Lovely bump ladies!! You guys look cute!!!
Main update with me is that i am fighting gestational diabetes :-(

Hi bean just wanted to say :hi: and let you know i am still watching you!!!:happydance:

Beans66-
Yeah we actually got a place! OH and I live in Canada in British Columbia. :) It's been soo much work and so many hoops to jump through but looks like baby's going to get his/her first home! :D
And that's adorable you should definitely go with that name then. :thumbup:
Just found out that I'm a gestational diabetic. I have a class tomorrow that's like 3 hours long about it. :shrug: At first I really fretted about it but when I poured that glass of fruit loops this morning, I could really care less. Is that bad? :p
Anyways I hope your pregnancy is still going well!

Hey ladies. Sorry is trend has been a bit quite. I've been really busy and only poppin gon BnB quickly.

Bayflower - Sorry about the GD - that's sucks. Are you managing to keep your levels stable. My friend found the best thing was always have protein with meals and to go for a 20 minute walk after all meals. How are you otherwise?

Hey Joeys - Thanks for thinking of me. I'm good. How are you doing?

Suzie - Great news about the place. So exciting, new home, new baby. Glad everything is working out for you. Sorry you have GD too. It is inmportant to try and keep your levels down. As I siad above a bit of protein with meals will help to slow down the sugar release. they probably told you all this at the class. How did it go?

How is everyone else?

I can't believe how fast time is going. The weeks are flying by. I'm good. Still have lots to sort but getting there one step at a time. How are the bumps doing? I'm not sure how baby manages to kick me in the ribs and the privates at the same time but she/he some how manages it! I cna't believe how much my stomach can move!

Sorry to hear you have GD too Bayflower. It's a pretty stressful ordeal. :/
The class was alright Bean I got that finger thingy and have been avidly poking my finger and levels seem to be fine with a proper diet. :thumbup: Glad to hear your pregnancy is still going well despite the kicks! :) -Then again kicks are apparently a good thing but ouch lol.

Hey ladies. Sorry is trend has been a bit quite. I've been really busy and only poppin gon BnB quickly.

Bayflower - Sorry about the GD - that's sucks. Are you managing to keep your levels stable. My friend found the best thing was always have protein with meals and to go for a 20 minute walk after all meals. How are you otherwise?

Hey Joeys - Thanks for thinking of me. I'm good. How are you doing?

Suzie - Great news about the place. So exciting, new home, new baby. Glad everything is working out for you. Sorry you have GD too. It is inmportant to try and keep your levels down. As I siad above a bit of protein with meals will help to slow down the sugar release. they probably told you all this at the class. How did it go?

How is everyone else?

I can't believe how fast time is going. The weeks are flying by. I'm good. Still have lots to sort but getting there one step at a time. How are the bumps doing? I'm not sure how baby manages to kick me in the ribs and the privates at the same time but she/he some how manages it! I cna't believe how much my stomach can move!

I have been away from this thread for awhile. But I'm back. :) I'm due January 1, but since I was recently diagnosed with GD, Dr. thinks baby will have to come early. I've been on the new diet and checking blood sugar for three days now. I just can't get under the value for my breakfast. Tomorrow I'm going to try a different meal. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to work out after breakfast each day. I'm having a hard time walking, so my workouts have mainly been swimming.

How are all of you ladies doing?

I have been away from this thread for awhile. But I'm back. :) I'm due January 1, but since I was recently diagnosed with GD, Dr. thinks baby will have to come early. I've been on the new diet and checking blood sugar for three days now. I just can't get under the value for my breakfast. Tomorrow I'm going to try a different meal. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to work out after breakfast each day. I'm having a hard time walking, so my workouts have mainly been swimming.

How are all of you ladies doing?

My GD is mostly under control with diet. As Suzie and Babyhopeful mentioned been poking myself 4 times day with a needle.
For breakfast, if you like eggs those are the best. My nutritionist asked me to have 2 eggs. So i basically make an omelette with 2 eggs and add some bell peppers (or what ever veggies like mushrooms, tomatoes and even onions (if u like) or grilled chicken) and add some cheese makes a good protein rich brkfast and it mostly keeps ur numbers in check. You may have to experiment with few... i found that cereal is the worst for me. You can have Whole wheat toast but only a slice, you can def add a ptn to make it fulfilling.
Walking 15 min after each meal is also good. Even my OB recommended that but somedays i'm super lazy to do that. It is getting difficult to walk as well. I feel like i have to pee the minute i get up for a walk... looks like LO is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder:shrug:
I feel like crying sometimes..coz i crave all the unhealthy stuff. Hang in there.... just few more weeks.

Bean: I am doing fine other wise. Trying to find a name for the LO. Still team yellow so trying to find two names is getting harder. I literally started counting down the days...
I have to do all the baby shopping as well. Just waiting for my baby shower to be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->