Christmas BFP

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Eeeeeeh! I'm getting twitchy again. Mainly because OH said that if I wanted to we could try for a BFP for christmas. Well, I ovulate in just over a week and this'll obv be my last cycle to get a BFP FOR christmas. Next time I ovulate is around new year...

I know chances of getting pregnant first cycle are slim. But it's an opportunity, ain't it? I don't wanna miss out!!! :hissy:

I'm kinda tempted to agree with OH's decision of "Try once for christmas, if it doesn't work, we'll wait til next year"... But I don't know if it's just because I don't think it'll come out positive; what if it does?!! I'll be mega excited but omfg work coincides! Bad time all around really, I start work officially April (could be earlier, but that's my official contracted..months Apr-Dec) so I'd be taking maternity leave only a few months after starting my job.. Not great. Obv OH and I are not in an amazing place at the moment, but if I got pregnant I'd stick with him...it feels like it's in my hands. We should have a house v soon, but no guarantees..

Grrrrrrrr, he's given me my first opportunity, but I'm gonna have to pass it up aren't I? :cry: Or shall we give it a go as a 'practice' run? And if it turns into realism, be happy!

It's work I'm most concerned about though...unfortunately...it's a job I really want long term, and they certainly won't be happy if I go in and am showing/heavily pregnant already on my first day!!!!!!!

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Pooey.

xx

:hugs:I can't be of much help but it sounds like you aren't quite ready.. I hope you can get it all figured out though! Sounds like it is just falling at a bad time. It never hurts to practice TTC though. :happydance: Good luck hun!

:hugs: Sorry it's happened at the wrong time! I kinda know how you feel though, my OH told me a little while ago we could start trying now if it's what i really want. But i knew it was only to make me happy and not what he truly wanted. So in the end i said no. xx

Yeah.. I'm so tempted.. =/

I start work December 15th now and the woman said 'term time' which sounds like December to April, rather than the original April to December.... Still not very thoughtful, starting a job for one year, then having to take the next off though. Pooooooooooey!!!!

I guess, but i think once you've worked there for the year you'd be entitled to maternity pay. You'd need to take a year off at some stage to have bubs...xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->