Christmas cards or no christmas cards

CountryBumkin

Mummy&Fiancee :) x
Reaction score
Hello...
Each year christmas cards get more and more expensive.
My nan passed away 3 years ago and before she went she was in the most fantastic hospice that really don't get enough recognition.
So this year instead of buying cards i would rather donate to the hospice.
Do you ladies think this is a good idea?
How do i word this in a little facebook post?
x

My cousin is doing the same this year and literally put on Facebook "I'm not doing cards I'm giving the money to charity. Please don't be offended when you don't get one." I don't think she even mentioned the charity she's giving the money too. If you maybe put the message you wrote above with more information about the hospice or a link to their web page I think that would be enough.

I think it's a lovely gesture and I'm sorry to hear about your nan though even though it wasn't recent x x

The year my Ds2 was born (has health issues) we sent cards and put a note in them to say it was the last year we wud be sending cards as we would be making a donation to the childrens hospital that he goes to. My mum and nanny also done the same

The year my Ds2 was born (has health issues) we sent cards and put a note in them to say it was the last year we wud be sending cards as we would be making a donation to the childrens hospital that he goes to. My mum and nanny also done the same

What a lovely thought, I hope your lo is ok? x x

I think that is a great Idea!

I think a nicely phrased post like that on FB would be just fine, explaining your donation to that charity instead of cards.

I don't do cards, my family never did. My in laws do them though.

I think I will do the same this year as well. All of my family is in the US and it cost £1 per stamp from the UK to the US. So I could give £30 to £40 pounds to Charity instead of paying all that postage. I will probably still send one to my parents and Grandmother.

I usually do cards but this year decided against it, I think the universe agrees with me because my address book has disappeared. :haha: I really like the idea of giving the money to charity instead.

Now I just have to decide on a charity...

Yeah we do a similar thing at work. I work in care so our service users usually make a huge card in a craft group. If people want to make a donation they can sign the card and we give the total to a local charity. Saves staff and service users so much money as a lot of clients bought for all the staff and their friends at the centre. There were always tons of cards left and forgotten too. Seemed such a shame.
I think if you just put a bit on facebook people will be more than happy. Its a lovely gesture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->