Christmas carol opinions

mum2be257

Reaction score
I really want to take my 2 daughter's carol singing, is it considered considered rude?! I would make sure they say something like "Merry Christmas, please can we sing you a Christmas song?" As I know some people can be very rude!

I would love it if someone with children knocked on my door but people are a bit mean/rude so can see why you're not sure.

Maybe see if there are any local groups that do carol singing, I know out local church does something (not that I've ever been)

X

I would love it too. Maybe you could ask a couple of (friendly) neighbours beforehand if it's okay, then you can give them a rough idea of when you will be there. I've never seen anybody out carol singing but I think its so festive and wonderful!

I think it would be lovely! Havent seen it in ages. Dress them a little bit festive maybe so the grumpy ones dont assume their just kiddies looking for sweetie money. Enjoy yoursleves, let us know how you get on:)

I think it's a cute idea. I'm sure if you chose the most festively decorated houses tgen you wouldn't find many grinches. Either that or do as someone above suggested and ask a few friendly neighbours before hand.

It makes me really uncomfortable personally. It’s not rude but it makes me cringe and I never know what to do, young farmers used to do it when we were younger to raise money. I agree seeing if you can prearrange with neighbours, or even get a bigger group and go to a nursing home or something.

(Just to add I’m not a grinch I LOVE Christmas!!)

If someone came caroling at my door i genuinely wouldnt know what to do. I love christmas but i've never had anyone carol. My kids do a 'carols rpund the tree' thing at school and were also going to go to the church for carols and a nativity

I love the idea of it I would love to hear children sing, but what do you do when someone comes Carol singing? Genuine question. Do they want money or something like trick or treaters? What do you do when you’ve finished just staring at them? Say thank you and shut the door or what? Genuinely curious as I don’t think it’s something that happens around here and I’d love to know!

I don't think it's rude at all. I think it would be lovely to watch children carol singing but I wouldn't know what to do or what to give them though. That bit would be awkward!

I think when it's a large group like the church or charity they are would probably like a donation of some sort but are also doing it for the fun of it too. I've never had carol singers at our door, shame really as such a lack of community spirit now days.

I would love that but I agree I'm not sure what the custom is, do you give money?
I guess if people ask you that you could say no or, if carol singers do collect money, shake a charity tin at them?

Personally thinks like that put me on the spot and fill me with anxiety, it's little things but I wouldn't know where to look, what to say etc. :wacko: I agree that asking a couple of neighbours beforehand would be a good idea, you just don't know how people will be.

I wouldn't feel particularly comfortable if someone I didn't know turned up on the doorstep singing carols! I'd also be a bit annoyed if they were expecting money, unless it was for charity, but I don't know how you'd know if they were genuine or not?

Thank you. That's why I thought they can ask if they have to time to hear a Christmas carol? Gives people the opportunity to politely say no? The girls wanted to do it to raise money to buy their friends Xmas presents but not so sure about that part! May persuade them to do it for a charity x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->