Christmas Day present 'care package'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzle

Reaction score
My sister works in a care home and unfortunately has drawn the short straw and is working a 12 hour shift Christmas eve AND Christmas day! She's the only one that's working all day Christmas Day and not just a short day/few hours. Her manager said its only fair because she hasn't got children :wacko: - poor thing!

Anyway, I digress, Id like to send her a present she can take to work and open on Christmas day during her break, a sort of care package if you will! Sweets, a handmade something from little one etc. Has anyone got any ideas I can include? I've got to pop it in the post because I won't see her before Xmas.

What about a hot chocolate spoon, a packet of biscuits to dunk in it and maybe a hat or pair of earrings she can put on while at work to show off lol. Nice Christmas card Mae by your lo would be nice for her to open too.

I really don't understand places that presume that you should work christmas just because you don't have kids. It's still Christmas for them as well!

You could put hot chocolate, mince pies, biscuits, nuts, an orange or satsuma, home made things like fudge or gingerbread, Christmas cd to play, some crackers to pull, Santa hat. I think I'm all out of ideas.

That's really kind of you :) I too am working all day Christmas Day.
Things I'd appreciate would be some nice hot chocolate or coffee if that's what she likes, fave choccies, trashy magazines, maybe a nice moisturiser? Cracker, Santa hat etc xx

Hand cream, Christmas CD for the drive home, biscuits, a chocolate orange

What's it like? Are the managers good sports? Will she be allowed to dress up a bit? Is it safe for her to wear jewelry with the job she does?

I'd go for a complete Christmas in a box.
Decorations - poundland often have tiny desktop sized Christmas trees, or just stuff in a bit of tinsel she can wrap in her hair.
Bit of glitz - maybe some dangly earrings if they'd be allowed or if not, perhaps some sparkly eyeshadow or lipgloss
Tasty treats - hot chocolate sounds good or maybe some herbal tea sachets. Some sort of snack or sweet you always had at Christmas when you were kids (for us it would be a mini box of roses and those little cheesy crackers in all different shapes)
Christmas music
Something that smells like Christmas - maybe a tealight sized yankee candle. She probably wouldn't be able to light it but it will still make the box smell like Christmas
A Christmas stocking - you could get one of those mini ones that are meant to hang on the tree and put a little something inside it
A Christmas card
A Christmas cracker (or if there's no room for a whole one, at least some naff jokes)
A tiny present to fit under the tiny tree

one of my amazing friends has to work a 12 hour shift at our local NICU on Christmas Day too, she has a 13m old boy too :( I think I'll do her the same thing. cracking idea!! thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"