Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Yikes! I hope you feel better and it's nothing serious, and good luck on your scan!

Had my scan and I got to see nothing :-( the monitor that I get to look at wasn’t working. The scan went for about an hour and a half. Baby B has now gone in a complete oblique position and is getting squashed by baby A. Everything apparently looks good except that both girls have dropped in percentiles and they wouldn’t tell me by how much. But they didn’t seem worried so I’m not going to worry unless I get a call from one of the doctors.

Sounds like it went okay! Kind of funny one is in oblique though, must be getting quite crowded in there :)

So big update ladies! Will just post what I’ve written into my journal here.

Back in hospital. They called dh saying they’ve been trying to call me but haven’t been able to get ahold of me. Basically they wanted me to go back in ASAP. Grabbed the kids iPads and a whole bunch of snacks and poppers. Picked up the kids and then dh (his workplace is en route to the hospital). Got to the hospital and was put on a trace. Baby b kept moving too much so they had a bit of trouble. Did my vitals and noticed I was tachycardic (128bpm). Doctors came in an explained that from the scan Baby b hasn’t grown at all and baby A has grown very little. They did a urine sample on me to check for preeclampsia because of my headache which has finally subsided. A whole battery of blood tests to rule anything else out. I was given a steroid shot for babies lungs as they are now wanting to get me to 34 weeks. I’ve been admitted to hospital and hooked up to fluids to see if that will help with the tachycardia, right now it’s at 106bpm. Tomorrow I am being sent to see an MFM at a hospital in the city to have a more detailed scan and from that they will decided whether babies will come at 34 weeks or sooner.

Definitely not what I was expecting. I’m quite overwhelmed but at this stage just want to go with whatever seems best. I’ll be getting another steroid shot tomorrow and it is unknown if I’ll be staying another night.

Sushai - fingers crossed for you, so much, hope you can make it to 34 weeks at least! Thank you for keeping us posted.

Sushai -- I really hope you can make it to 34 weeks. I hate that things are taking that turn with your bp. Odd they didn't tell you anything during your scan or have the doctor speak with you then.

Nothing really happening on my front today... Just that Baby driving me crazy moving a ton.

I tried listening to baby's hb on the doppler and it was surprisingly difficult to find, but I did find it after a few minutes way down low, so assuming their head is still down in the bottom left corner. I'll be checking here to see more updates as the day goes on! Not much is happening here either, just waddling around and trying to stay comfortable.

Wow! That escalated quickly :O Makes me glad that when I have my monthly u/s, I have to wait around for the OBGYN to look at it and then I have a consult with her. Glad that they are able to get your heart rate stabilized, and fingers crossed for 34 weeks...less than a week and a half! You got this!

I have my prenatal later this week. That's the most exciting thing going on for me atm...
Hubby supposed to be doing the roof today (and sealing the one chimney top to prevent stupid animals from going back down in there and scratching at our wall....)

I just tried to take a little walk around to try and lull baby to be calm, but instead they have the hiccups.....but at least they aren't wiggling like a mad baby at the moment! -- i think i spoke too soon.... *sigh*

AFM, I had my 33 week appointment today (33 weeks today, woohoo!!!), and all is well with little guy and me :) I'm stoked to be this far along. My local hospital already told me (when we had the braxton hicks scare) that after 35 weeks they won't have to transfer me to the big hospital with the NICU (where DD spent the first 84 days of her life), so that means my OB will be able to deliver, and we're only 2 weeks from that point :) And 6 weeks on Thursday from my scheduled C-section date!

On the GD front, my Dr today told me I don't even have to test 4x on the days I do test (3x a week) since my numbers are all so good. She said just a couple of times would be good enough. :)

Little guy has been a wiggly wiggly worm (though he does have his quiet days, which always worry me lol, then he'll be all over the place again).

dove - I hope you're doing okay, too! Almost to that finish line :D

Star - Sounds good, hope that your dh can get the roof in a better state, especially coming into the winter time! Wonder why your LO is so active today? Maybe you're stressed more than usual? Maybe something you ate? When we first moved in here I remember hearing squirrels run around on our roof at all hours of the night, but not so much anymore, not sure why lol.

markswife - I am so glad you're still preg, and sounds like your GD numbers are doing great, woohoo! Hard to believe we're all almost to the end. Sometimes mine has those quiet days too, I just assume they've got their own moods like we do.

Well, treadmill time is getting shorter for me, as my hips just hurt so much and my inner thighs ache immediately, not to mention the ligaments on my sides start hurting too. Getting so close to the end, crazy that I'll be full term in just a couple weeks!! I better get started on the raspberry leaf tea!

My LO has been very active lately. Right now everything is calm... I'm thinking they finally wore themselves out! It does help when hubby puts his hand on my belly, baby still tends to calm down some :haha:

MarksWife -- good to hear about your numbers! My dietitian wants numbers reported every week, but only food from the week before our next appointment. Have they mentioned about a larger abdomen? I still don't like the tech that did my last scan... and i hate that they ask me if I have questions --- and my brain goes blank @_@ She didn't give me any information just that it's normal because of the sugar....

I have my days when i feel more "active" and can take the stairs pretty well, and then a day like today where i'm half way up them panting and just want to sit in the stair well and work from there... LOL

Star - me too, some days I just want to collapse for no reason and lie in bed all day or those days where I clean the entire house, it is interesting. I imagine it is just part of pregnancy though, since we are all getting so close to the end! My baby also calms down when dh touches my belly, but when he rubs my back or neck baby gets really excited for some reason.

I dont' wanna work this week. I've been so tired. I slammed on my breaks this morning for no reason (provided i needed to be going slow as there was a wreck ahead, but i was nowhere near the car in front of me) Scared myself more than anything.... but that adrenaline rush still wasn't enough to wake me up...
Baby pushing it's little tush up and out while driving doesn't help LOL

I'm not at the point of "get this thing out of me" -- I'm at the point of I want my arm to be normal again! So tired of it being asleep all day long, and the other having an odd pinch that feels like i sprained it.

Ugh, I know what you mean about being tired, I did not sleep well last night. Thankfully I have some energy today, not sure how or why, but here it is. I managed to fold two loads of laundry and get diapers in the drier before sitting down with my breakfast. I hope my kids don't irritate me today like they were yesterday, which is mostly my own doing, I have zero patience lately. They're generally big helpers and kind so I know it's just me being crabby lol.
For some reason baby flipped to the left side yesterday afternoon, it felt really odd, but they flipped back to the usual about two or three hours later. They were kicking and poking out at dd last night since she was having a hard time and ended up in my bed cozing by me for most of the night.

Man I'd LOVE to have that extra energy. I feel just zapped out. And I have a feeling it will get worse before it gets better.
Which leads me to think that Thanksgiving i'm gonna be wiped out...and i'm not gonna want to drive an hour to meet up with hubb's brother's house.

I'm ready for my appointment tomorrow -- not that anything special is happening -- BP, baby hb, fundal measurement and the usual questions.

Thanks girls! <3 Star, no my little guy's abdomen and everything was measuring exactly where it needed to be at my scan a couple of weeks ago (but I have read that it can happen with GD) :)

Ugh, I feel you on the ligament pain Jessica! Yesterday it hurt to even walk because every time I'd move my right leg my ligament would hurt. Ouch! That has happened a couple of times in the last couple/few weeks but, thankfully, it seems to go away after sleeping all night.

Speaking of sleep, I didn't sleep good last night at all. Oy, some nights it is SO hard to sleep anymore. :sleep: Guess it's my body prepping for baby boy to come :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I am wondering how Thanksgiving is going to go, even though it'll just be us here at my house, dh usually helps quite a bit with it all anyway so I think we'll be okay. I am planning to do my freezer meals around then though, so I'll be busy soon enough with all of it. I'm pretty methodical when it comes to cooking and organizing, but I tend to procrastinate. I haven't even packed my hospital bag yet lol.

markswife - yes, that ligament pain is terrible. I thought it'd go away after second tri, but sometimes it hurts so bad on both sides, like I pulled a muscle. I hope you can get some much needed sleep soon, I know it's been elusive for me the past couple nights. I'd be more of a zombie if I didn't get my afternoon 15 minute cat naps.

MarksWife -- That's good that everything is going well! (minus the ligament pain) I guess i'm just a sucker for sweets. I've been craving them horribly -- luckily Hubby is eating everything I bought, so I'm not eating it all myself! Plus if I didn't have to track, i'd probably fall off the bandwagon.

Jess -- haha ... I still only have my list for my bag. I'm thinking that I'll pack it around the beginning of Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->