christmas dinner might be cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewdy

Reaction score
Due to severe weather we have experienced in the last few days the road up to my parents house is completely under water. They have lived in the property 10 years and i have never seen it so bad. They were planning on coming in xmas morning and see my dd open her presents then we would go out there and spend the day. I had posted a thread a while ago about them having no cooker due to building an extension so we have purchased a barbecue and we were planning on having different things off the barbecue, something a bit different. Well my mum has all the meat at her house and i have all the veg etc at mine. There is no other way to access her property and the stretch of road involved and depth of water would make it treacherous to drive through. I am hoping for the rain to stop (now please as the last time it was flooded badly it took 3 days to go down) otherwise we might need to make a plan b and spend it without my parents which i really dont want to do.

Awww I hope it goes down in time!!

I hope that the water recedes in time :(

More torrential rain all night so levels are rising not falling. Yes im in the uk.

Can you not move Christmas to your house?

Where in the UK are you?

We could have it at our house but they have no way of getting out. We are in ayrshire scotland.

I'm sorry, that sucks :( If worst comes to worst could you skype them so at least you could see each other?

Oh thats awful! I hope they levels drop soon xx

Fingers crossed for you. 😞

What a shame! The Great British weather, eh?!
Perhaps you could postpone Christmas dinner for a few days?

Oh I'm so sorry! I really hope that by some miracle it clears and you can reach each other. Thinking of you :flower:

How is it today? I had a feeling you were going to say Ayrshire. I saw something about people getting rescued from Asda in Kilmarnock.

I would be tempted to ask the emergency services if they could get them out. While they maybe safe enough in their house being isolated for days can't be good for anyone. Not to mention the risk if one of them was to take ill and NEED to get out.

^ yes this, was going to say, surely there is some sort of contingency plan in place in case they Need to get out? I know years ago when the main road into our town flooded there were arny vehicles transporting cars across.

Hope they can make it to yours for Christmas :D

Thanks for all your comments. The rain has eventually stopped at about 4pm and the water levels have stopped rising. Hoping i wake up tomorrow and the levels be down a good bit. My dad seems to think the water will be down a good bit. Just checked the forecast and xmas day has to be lovely and dry, perfect barbecue weather (well in december in scotland anyway).

How did it go did you manage your Christmas bbq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"