Christmas disaster

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
I have had THE worst day ever!
Went to do my Christmas shop in Asda, spent ages walking round finding what I needed. Get to till payment declined. Nearly had a heart attack because I knew I had the money, checked my bank the money was gone. Said try again so I transferred more money and same thing! By this point I have no money left in my account and I couldn’t have the shopping either.
Left the shop in tears.
Now I have no Christmas food in, will have to try tomorrow.
Thankfully Barclays were super helpful and have sent the money straight back so I at least have the money back to spend but jeez what a day!
Poor Morgan was even crying and he offered me his Christmas money bless his heart!

Oh I'm so sorry. :hugs: That's really heartbreaking, what happened to the money did your account information get stolen? I'm glad you were able to at least get the money back. I'm not sure if it's offered with your bank but you should look into overdraft protection.

OMG you poor thing. So glad you got the money back AND it wasn't Christmas Eve. Did the bank give any explanation?
Hope you manage to get your shop done soon X

The bank said basically the payment had gone through on my card but the issue lay with whoever processes Asda’s payments so although the money left my bank for the items the till declined it and they wouldn’t let me have the items as coming through as declined. I was absoloutly loosing it at the till because it was showing in the pending transactions the exact two payments that had been declined.
So now I have not enough pans for Xmas dinner
No Xmas outfit
And no Xmas dinner haha
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Oh no..... What a stressful day!! Hope you get sorted tomorrow.

Thankyou I hope so!
If all else fails least I have bucksfizz hahaha!

Oh bummer. My bank kept declining during Chridtmas shopping this month, despite being payday. Turns out I spent too much with contactless (multiple under £30) and chip and pin, it triggered something their end stopping all payments for safety.

I wonder if it's due to having so many transactions going through from being busy and their system can't keep up. Hope you manage to grab something today! Could you not try drawing money out and if you went over the cash amount, pay the pittance by card?

Oh god that’s awful and so stressful! I wouldn’t be happy with the bank at all!! Poor you and Harvey ! I hope today’s ahoooing trip goes without a hitch !

Oh god that’s awful and so stressful! I wouldn’t be happy with the bank at all!! Poor you and Harvey ! I hope today’s ahoooing trip goes without a hitch !
It was Asda’s fault not the banks. Barclays said the payment went through fine on their part. They sent money back thankfully!

Oh bummer. My bank kept declining during Chridtmas shopping this month, despite being payday. Turns out I spent too much with contactless (multiple under £30) and chip and pin, it triggered something their end stopping all payments for safety.

I wonder if it's due to having so many transactions going through from being busy and their system can't keep up. Hope you manage to grab something today! Could you not try drawing money out and if you went over the cash amount, pay the pittance by card?

I had used my card a lot that day but Barclays said it was a fault on Asda’s part. Probably due to being busy I have no idea.
I’m defiantly going to pay with cash today! Just going to withdraw the lot.

Awwh what a crappy day. I hope today goes better! Ive gotta go shopping today, absolutely dreading it xx

Oh god least you have the money back ! Probably the system being overloaded !

Open that Buck’s Fizz when you have all your shopping in kitchen !! You deserve a early glass after that !

Good luck shopping today.
Guess wevew learnt something from this though....do your food shop with cash if possible!
I rely on my card so so much. This would probably happen to me.

Thankyou everyone.
Managed to get mostly everything I needed today
No turkey so got a chicken haha! Never mind!
Just need some pop and turnip which I’ll get when we go to the pub for food tomorrow.
Yes definately will be relying on my card less especially this time of year!

Phew, glad you managed to get what you needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->