Christmas Eve activities

Pearls18

Reaction score
What do you do Xmas eve? We would usually be doing a tour trying to get around all our families but we are spending it alone the four of us this year, I'm not sure what to do on Xmas eve, I'd like to go out and do something festive, we have already booked to see Santa on a different day.

Last year we went to see some reindeer at a reindeer farm then went to see a giant Christmas tree, had a wander through some shops and got some hot chocolate. In the evening we did a little buffet tea and family came round for an hour. It was really nice, hoping to do the same this year.

Xmas eve is usually spent doing last minute cleaning, prep, we have christmas films and generally have a lazy day at home as the weather has always been miserable. I'm thinking a long walk this year or visit family.

We normally go to the carnival on Christmas eve in the afternoon which is great fun 😊 passes the day for the little ones. Then we go home get baths and my parents come up and the kids watch a movie and get their crimbo eve gift bags

I'd like to do something during the day, but not sure what. It seems like time passes so slow. Around 5 in the afternoon, we go to my aunts and enjoy their Christmas. We eat and then watch them open all their gifts. Daughter gets a few gifts to open. Would love some ideas for the day though as we just usually hang out at home doing nothing.

How about a panto? We'll go for a walk to look at houses with nice Christmas decorations and then eat lots of tasty Christmas treats. DH will take the older 2 children to a play in the afternoon while I stay home with the baby and wrap, prep food for the next day and have a tidy.

We normally do Christmas eve bag in the evening but this year DH has to work and we are travelling to Devon in the evening so I think I will give LO his Christmas eve bag in the morning which has a Gruffalo Winter Activity book so will do some of the activities which weather dependant include a woodland walk. We will also make a Christmas tree shaped sponge cake for the kids. Watch the gruffalo movies - peppa/ben and holly Christmas specials. Will make some Christams crafts as well. Not sure what else - stalking for ideas.

We have Chinese food with our family, laugh, talk, look at lights, watch Christmas movies, eat junk food, open Christmas Eve boxes etc... :)

We are going to panto late morning which will take us past lunch time. We'll probably grab something to eat near to the theatre before heading home for their Christmas eve present boxes, bath, Jammies and a christmas movie :)

I think this year I'll get the girls (well my eldest) doing crafts, baking etc. Watch a film or two. Don't fancy going out as probably be busy.

My OH is at work for a few hours in the morning so I will watch Xmas films with my 2 dd's, do some Xmas activities, then I've booked bowling for 4pm with friends and family so the kids can all play together and we can swap presents then we'll go home about 6 and grab a take away and just watch Xmas tv until it's time for the girls to go to bed, can't wait I love Xmas eve

We usually go to a local garden centre to see the reindeer and pick up christmas scented yankee candles for the table. DS christmas eve box is waiting for us when we get home so he can have a bath and new pjs on. We then watch polar express and have a new christmas story and get him into bed by 7.30. Once hes settled we prep the veg etc for lunch then sort out the pressies 😊
All of this could well go belly up this year as baby #2 is due on 23rd Dec lol

My work is closed on Christmas Eve this year (yay!) so me and Jacob will chill in the morning, I'll do some cleaning, might pop into town for a hot chocolate before I drive to my parents house :) then we'll bake cookies for Santa, watch Christmas films, and eat a lot!

I nip out early and get last minute bits, then come home and open Xmas Eve packs with the boys, they do some activities, sticker books etc whilst I do the bedding and cleaning. Then we have lunch, make cookies for Santa, sit down in the afternoon and watch an Xmas film before having the chippy for tea. All of this whilst tracking Santa on NORAD. We then do the usual nighttime routine of showers, new pj's, putting out food for Santa and Rudolph, reindeer dust and finally Evan reads Jacob a Christmas story. Once Jacob goes to bed I begin the prep for the dinner the next day before playing Santa once Evan goes to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->