Christmas eve box

motherofboys

Reaction score
I might do a box this year. In the past I always gave them new Pjs and that was it, but the last 2 year's we've let them open one thing early on Christmas eve morning, usually carefully chosen by me to be something that'll keep them occupied during the day.
I can't decide whether to do one big box or individual boxes though.

We do one big box
Some things they will get their own of and then other things will be shared like I only put in one book.

My two have little wooden crates I painted so we use it every year.

Mine get one big box but they have the same items or something similar ! First year having to buy some things for DS so very excited !

If they have individual ones then I'll just give them what I would have done anyway but in a box. If I do one big one it would be Pjs each, then a board game and DVD and book to share.

Not sure what to out in ours....usually we do:

PJs for whole family
Reindeer Food (to sprinkle outside)
Hot chocolate (snowman soup)
Chocolate Coins/Santa's
DVD/Game

One year I out a little Playmobil set in.

I also do a 1st December box with arts and crafts to do throughout December (because by Christmas Eve it's too late to give what they make to friends/family etc)

We have new pyjamas, hot choc (one that looks like a reindeer), book, santa key, stocking, something to bake-this year xmas cookie mix. This year am going to put her new xmas tree dec (we get a personalised 1 each year) and poss some sort of sticker type activity.

I think I'll do one each or they'll just fight #-o

Pjs, some sort of craft, christmas cup, milkshake (they dont like hot chocolate) and some snacks for while we watch a movie.

We do one every year uts for the family ( husband son and I) we all get new pjs, a book, family film and some treats. Ot appears randomly on xmas eve usually after a morning out

We just get the kids new pjs to open on Christmas Eve, it gets them a bit more excited for Christmas Day

We just get the kids new pjs to open on Christmas Eve, it gets them a bit more excited for Christmas Day
That's all we did, but the other year DH was like "why don't we let them open something. It might entertain them and stop them going quite so loopy" and now I'm thinking about boxes. It's a slippery slope :haha:

I'm 29 and my mum still buys me christmas eve pjs and wraps them! :rofl:

Every year I always say, i want nothing for Christmas, but make sure I get my Christmas eve pjs! She even buys my OH pjs! :rofl: I will never grow up!

I think I'll be doing a joint box/crate this year. I usually do one each with pjs, sweets/treats, a dvd, a book etc but I've decided to do Christmas pjs on Dec 1st along with advent calenders as then they get more wear out of them!
Then Christmas Eve I'm going to do a box/crate with a dvd, book, treats (sweets, hot chocolate etc) and maybe a game or colouring books.

Silly american here, what's a Christmas eve box?

It's basically a box of small gifts to give the kids on Christmas eve, new pjs, hot chocolate, a new DVD or book... ect basically anything you want to put in it, it gives them something to open a day early and gets them all excited

It's basically a box of small gifts to give the kids on Christmas eve, new pjs, hot chocolate, a new DVD or book... ect basically anything you want to put in it, it gives them something to open a day early and gets them all excited

Oh ok. People do that here but it's not a big thing. Usually its PJs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->