Christmas eve this year being a Saturday

choc

Reaction score
So usually it's just me and the kids on Christmas eve as dh is at work but this year being a Saturday he is at home and I want us to actually do something with the day! We have a 1 year old so when it's his nap time we are having a movie and pop corn etc with our 6 year old. We are also going out for a meal in the evening.
No other ideas though!
Anyone else trying to do something different this year as it's a Saturday?

Unfortunately not as my hubby works in retail so every day is the same although he is finishing at 4pm which is the earliest he's ever managed to finish! We will do some Christmas crafts and watch Christmas films and listen to Christmas music :)

my dad comes and stays Xmas eve and we have a Chinese so that's our night sorted! xxx

Exciting!
We're super lucky, OH has two work two out of three weekends but Christmas this year falls on his weekend off :D
We're going to panto in the morning, probably have a little wander around the shops then in the evening we'll have family round as usual for hot choc and games.

Unfortunately not as my hubby works in retail so every day is the same although he is finishing at 4pm which is the earliest he's ever managed to finish!

I know what you mean... My OH is in retail aswell (convenience too which is the absolute pits at xmas!) and is finishing at 3, just hope he's able to go on time!
We always visit his mum on xmas eve once he finishes work but not sure what we'll do earlier on. I've invited DD1's friend and her mum round (her OH works weekends too) but haven't confirmed yet.

My husband is working into Christmas Eve morning (also retail he's a nights duty manager) so I think he will probably sleep whilst I get the last bits sorted. I'd like to take Thomas to our cousins so he can wear himself out and it fills the day. We have a buffet of party food in the evening.

I'm working 7.30am-1.30pm (I'm a staff nurse) OH will pick me up with DS and we'll probably go out for a late lunch and to get last bits and pieces sorted. Might go do something festive. It's FILs birthday on Christmas Eve so I think we're all going out for dinner in the evening.

My husband will be off this year. Usually he is waiting to find out if they're allowed to finish early on Christmas eve. We will be watching some Christmas films with Holly :)

DH will have it off as paternity which DD is really happy about, she's hated that he has to work. We'll be doing the same things we usually do, hot chocolate, Christmas films, bath, jammies, baking cookies but we'll also pop up to the ILs for an hour to show off the new baby

We often go to see a play on Christmas Eve (or DH takes the bigger two while I stay home and wrap/prep for the next day and LO naps) and go for a walk to look at Christmas lights (there are some houses in our area which go all out) and burn off some energy. If it's not wet we might go to the park. Sometimes we bake cookies and we'll eat them while watching a film, if we don't go to a play :)

My OH is off this year too (he drives the bin lorries and they were talking about them working..but they aren't.) He hasn't had a Christmas Eve off in over 5 years.
He'll be helping us make cookies in the morning, then he will entertain the kids while I clean the kitchen.
I normally go up to my parents for a couple hours but think they will call down for a cup of tea. Then we'll go for a walk with the dog as it starts to get dark to see the Christmas lights.
FIL is coming to stay so then will have a Chinese for tea (can't wait).

We are off to longleat to see Santa! Prob have a lazy morning then head of there after lunch and stay for the evening

We usually go down to FILs for snacks and games Christmas eve. But this year he might be going away, so I am thinking we might just have a game night and movie night at our place instead :)

Christmas Eve will be the same as usual, getting last minute bits from shops, North pole breaky, Christmas cookie baking for Santa, prepping the veg for Xmas dinner, Xmas film, cleaning and changing beds, chippy for tea

I'm not sure... last couple of years we've visited a friends in the afternoon to swap pressies and then my mum comes early evening. This year I haven't firmed up plans with my friends and my mum is not sure she is coming to us this year.

There is a polar express themed christmas party on at a local hotel, so we are tempted to go to that. We've also promised Anabella ice skating with daddy as they have an open air rink in the gardens, so at some point we will go there. It's prettier at night though, so we will go after 4pm. We will also probably watch a Christmas film and I've bought a glittery bath bomb for Anabella for the evening (which she is so excited about!).

But nothing 100% is firmed up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->